• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

Yeah, the Chargers played KC tougher than any other team in the division.

LA is 2-2 against KC the last couple of years, but to be fair one of the Charger wins were against the Chiefs' backups. They already had their playoff spot set so they sat all of their starters.
    KC hasn't played this Chargers team. If you win on Sep 15, congrats! You got a hell of a lot better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Whether or not the Chargers have more talent than KC remains to be seen. It hasn't shown on the field yet.

KC has had excellent drafts the last few years, and this year may be Veach's best one yet.
      Chargers have had excellent drafts the last few years.

James, Herbert, Slater, etc.

Kansas City's drafts have no one near that caliber......so they aren't excellent.

Not crazy about your draft this year, quite Frankly.

Karlaftis will be a bust, just like the LSU rb.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

yes, one win was our starters against the chiefs backups and even so, we only won because of a bad ref call that allowed us to re-kick a missed kick and sneak into playoffs...... because our team with everything on the line was not ready to play.....

Another win required scoring in last seconds and getting a 2 point conversion to win and avoid OT.......

And the early win last year took 4 miracle rare turnovers to beat them at home.......

So the bottom line is Reid has dominated the series, even with Alex Smith at QB........

So Chargers are going to have to start playing much better to really beat them and take the division from them.....
        Gifts only go one way? Didn’t we basically gift them their last win? Prior to OT, I felt we outplayed them but barfed it back to them repeatedly. I think we will match up well this year.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

So who has been a bigger disappointment,
          Jerry Tillery
          or
          Alex Leatherwood ?

Both are prime candidates for release.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Tges58
            Registered Chiefs Fan
            • Mar 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Chargers have had excellent drafts the last few years.

James, Herbert, Slater, etc.

Kansas City's drafts have no one near that caliber......so they aren't excellent.

Not crazy about your draft this year, quite Frankly.

Karlaftis will be a bust, just like the LSU rb.
            Their draft last year got an A on NFL.com. Creed Humphrey, who was the top rated O lineman last season as a rookie, Trey Smith, who in redrafts went on the first. Nick Bolton is an excellent young LB. The only team that got an A. And thy didn't even.have a 1st rd pick. The year before they I think they got a B+. And pretty much every draft analyst says that this years was a home run. It doesnt matter what you think about them, you're more than a little biased. The people that actually know what they're talking about strongly disagree with you.

You can talk about all of these "great drafts" the Chargers have had, yet their record the last 3 years is a combined 21-28. The Chiefs combined record in that time frame, 45-13, including 3 AFCCGs, 2 Super Bowl appearances and a Super Bowl win.

And they've been picking in the bottom 2 or 3 of each round. Where has LA been picking when they got James? Or Herbert? Or Joey Bosa? It's a lot easier to have good drafts when you're picking in the top 5 or 10.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Their draft last year got an A on NFL.com. Creed Humphrey, who was the top rated O lineman last season as a rookie, Trey Smith, who in redrafts went on the first. Nick Bolton is an excellent young LB. The only team that got an A. And thy didn't even.have a 1st rd pick. The year before they I think they got a B+. And pretty much every draft analyst says that this years was a home run. It doesnt matter what you think about them, you're more than a little biased. The people that actually know what they're talking about strongly disagree with you.

You can talk about all of these "great drafts" the Chargers have had, yet their record the last 3 years is a combined 21-28. The Chiefs combined record in that time frame, 45-13, including 3 AFCCGs, 2 Super Bowl appearances and a Super Bowl win.

And they've been picking in the bottom 2 or 3 of each round. Where has LA been picking when they got James? Or Herbert? Or Joey Bosa? It's a lot easier to have good drafts when you're picking in the top 5 or 10.
              Depends on who they?
              If Daniel Jeremiah gve it an A , then id believe it but he is an actual scout.

These writers arent scouts and ive seen them give high grades and then in 3 years its more like a C-. And PFF? Pfft.
              KCs draft last year was pretty good imo and Bolton is going tonbe a good one. Humphrey a great pick. Smith was good value and he dropped because of health concerns.

I dont even remember who KC drafted this year so cant say.

In anycase, im not worried. Our defense last year was shit and this year it will be much better and coupled with our offense the league will take notice.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                So who has been a bigger disappointment,
                Jerry Tillery
                or
                Alex Leatherwood ?

Both are prime candidates for release.
                Well, when you consider that the Raiders could have picked Darrishaw instead of Leatherwood, that sure is a disappointment...Tillery was a reach...should have gone BPA...both are big disappointments...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

No GM would ever trade Slater for Humphrey and Smith combined.
                  And no GM would select Smith in the first in any actual redraft....even ignoring his medical issues.

Are you sure Nick Bolton won't get exposed in coverage this year? Defensive coordinators will put him in their cross hairs, after studying him in the offseason.

I was frightened the Chargers would select Karlaftis; I was happy when KC wasted a draft pick on him.
                  Go watch his tape against Ohio State....it was embarrassing.

Chenal would have been a great old fashioned 70s run stuffing middle linebacker....he'll also get exposed in a passing league.
                  Chenal has the stiffest hips on the planet.

Andy Reid did best when he was drafting guys I liked and coveted: Mahomes & Chris Jones.

He's stopped doing that.

True, it's much easier drafting at the middle or top.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Depends on who they?
                    If Daniel Jeremiah gve it an A , then id believe it but he is an actual scout.

These writers arent scouts and ive seen them give high grades and then in 3 years its more like a C-. And PFF? Pfft.
                    KCs draft last year was pretty good imo and Bolton is going tonbe a good one. Humphrey a great pick. Smith was good value and he dropped because of health concerns.

I dont even remember who KC drafted this year so cant say.

In anycase, im not worried. Our defense last year was shit and this year it will be much better and coupled with our offense the league will take notice.
                    They drafted Karlaftis....who rightly dropped like a stone;
                    the smallish cb from U of Washington, who the cb needy Pats passed on in order to reach for the 3rd round guard;
                    some raw division 2 receiver with decent speed and good hands;
                    Leo Chenal, who would have been a late day one, early day 2 pick 40 years ago;
                    and that slob of an RT who will probably be moved to guard.
                    I put a gif up on how the guy couldn't move his feet.

A lot of chaincrusher value picks from the consensus board.:Cheers1:

It sucked!

Comment

• Tges58
                      Registered Chiefs Fan
                      • Mar 2022
                      • Send PM

No GM would ever trade Slater for Humphrey and Smith combined.
                      And no GM would select Smith in the first in any actual redraft....even ignoring his medical issues.

Are you sure Nick Bolton won't get exposed in coverage this year? Defensive coordinators will put him in their cross hairs, after studying him in the offseason.

I was frightened the Chargers would select Karlaftis; I was happy when KC wasted a draft pick on him.
                      Go watch his tape against Ohio State....it was embarrassing.

Chenal would have been a great old fashioned 70s run stuffing middle linebacker....he'll also get exposed in a passing league.
                      Chenal has the stiffest hips on the planet.

Andy Reid did best when he was drafting guys I liked and coveted: Mahomes & Chris Jones.

He's stopped doing that.

True, it's much easier drafting at the middle or top.
                      There is not one fact in that entire post. All it is is your unbelievably biased opinion. You fancy yourself to be another Ron Wolf, dont you?

And actually I think Chenal had something like 6- 7 sacks last year in college. But he's a project.

Maybe you're right about Slater(but then again maybe not). but once again look where he was drafted compared to where Creed was picked. And the way Smith is playing saying no GM would pick him in the first is more unbelievably biased opinion. Bolton will do fine. he had an excellent rookie year( October defensive rookie of the month) and will get better. Pass defense is more on Willie Gay, and he's pretty good at it.

Reid doesn't do the drafting, that would be Brett Veach, although Im sure Andy has input.

But hey, you go ahead and talk down about their draft all you want. You are entitled to your opinion, but it's my opinion that you're going to be unpleasantly surprised, especially with Karlaftis. He's going to be a beast.

By the way, how many games do you think James will play in this season?

Comment

• Tges58
                        Registered Chiefs Fan
                        • Mar 2022
                        • Send PM

They drafted Karlaftis....who rightly dropped like a stone;
                        the smallish cb from U of Washington, who the cb needy Pats passed on in order to reach for the 3rd round guard;
                        some raw division 2 receiver with decent speed and good hands;
                        Leo Chenal, who would have been a late day one, early day 2 pick 40 years ago;
                        and that slob of an RT who will probably be moved to guard.
                        I put a gif up on how the guy couldn't move his feet.

A lot of chaincrusher value picks from the consensus board.:Cheers1:

It sucked!
                        LMAO! It's amazing how bad KC drafts and yet they have over twice as many wins the last three seasons than LA does.

I guess that's one of the world's great mysteries.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

LMAO! It's amazing how bad KC drafts and yet they have over twice as many wins the last three seasons than LA does.

I guess that's one of the world's great mysteries.
                          You are distorting the truth. For starters, Derwin was not drafted top ten.

Games between the Chargers and Chiefs have been closely contested lately.

Comparing drafts on our forum in a snarky tone is really silly and trollish.

Any of four teams can win AFCW, so your commentary is inappropriate.

I would say the Chiefs won a Super Bowl for Andy Reid and Chiefs fans on the basis of an arbitrary OPI call on George Kittle and numerous arbitrary OPI non calls on Travis Kelce.

My prediction is that you will miss Tyreek Hill very much.

I am looking forward to letting the 2022 season play out and just seeing what happens.

The Chiefs are but one of 32 teams--not all that special--or worthy of any special attention.

Go away and come back when you want to post on our forum demonstrating the class of Len Dawson.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X