• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

SoCal is the transplant capital of the US. Even without traveling fans, there will always be a strong contingent of opposing fans at SoFi that are simply transplanted residents of LA, OC, etc. That’s just a reality that won’t ever change. Arrowhead has always been filled with mostly KC fans - because it’s simply not a popular destination for folks to move. Winning will help, but even then it can’t fully overcome the demographics. Even when the Lakers were winning all those championships, there would always be a noticeable contingent of opposing fans in the stands - esp when Boston came to town.
    I don’t want to ever go to KC. KC isn’t even in K, and its arguable if its really a C. wtf are they every talking about?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Bills didn’t punt for fourth time in their last six games.

When the Bills can play games against the Patriots and the Rams, trouncing both and not punting, that is making a statement. I really don't want this Charger team
      to play the championship game in Buffalo.

Comment

• AL9000
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2022
        • San Diego, CA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t want to ever go to KC. KC isn’t even in K, and its arguable if its really a C. wtf are they every talking about?
        Kansas City is the worst place I’ve ever been. You couldn’t pay me to live there. The people there are awful human beings too.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Simple logistics.

But don’t worry, Vegas will catch up soon and overtake LA as a desirable destination vacation/game spot. How many people living in Vegas are from Vegas…….

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

Kansas City is the worst place I’ve ever been. You couldn’t pay me to live there. The people there are awful human beings too.
            This is the best post ever!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Every time I watch Josh Allen, I remember a reputable draft media guy saying, in advance of the 2020 draft:

"Justin Herbert is very similar to Josh Allen, but-- comparing them as draft prospects from their respective years, Herbert rates higher."

I think that was prophetic.

Every great thing that I saw Josh Allen do on Thursday night? I know that Herb can do just as well, if not better.

Herb never had to go through a tough adjustment era to find his stride in the NFL, which can't be said of Josh Allen.

If Herb s going to be as good this year-- or better-- than Josh Allen was against the Rams on Thursday night, we have a helluva ride in front of us.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                Every time I watch Josh Allen, I remember a reputable draft media guy saying, in advance of the 2020 draft:

"Justin Herbert is very similar to Josh Allen, but-- comparing them as draft prospects from their respective years, Herbert rates higher."

I think that was prophetic.

Every great thing that I saw Josh Allen do on Thursday night? I know that Herb can do just as well, if not better.

Herb never had to go through a tough adjustment era to find his stride in the NFL, which can't be said of Josh Allen.

If Herb s going to be as good this year-- or better-- than Josh Allen was against the Rams on Thursday night, we have a helluva ride in front of us.
                That play when Allen threw a bomb using just his arm was Herbertresque

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

That play when Allen threw a bomb using just his arm was Herbertresque
                  Yes. Allen's size, arm and mobility are practically duplicates of the traits Herb possesses.

Allen was more aggressive running than I want Herbert to be. If Allen runs that way every week, he'll definitely miss some time along the way.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

Allen did have 2 interceptions but that offensive line protects him well and the can run the rb too. It is impressive no punts. I would put money on Allen gets hobbled somewhere in the year though…he is wreckless and gets off on that. Herb imo is a better passer and could run more but i dont like the designed run plays very often…take what they give him though i like if they leave a huge hole. Allen is a good runner no doubt and is stouter than Lamar but ive never seen a running qb NOT come down with a major injury after a few years so it has risks of a blown season which for Herbert is much less likely especially with his pocket sliding ability to move him to safety.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      Allen did have 2 interceptions but that offensive line protects him well and the can run the rb too. It is impressive no punts. I would put money on Allen gets hobbled somewhere in the year though…he is wreckless and gets off on that. Herb imo is a better passer and could run more but i dont like the designed run plays very often…take what they give him though i like if they leave a huge hole. Allen is a good runner no doubt and is stouter than Lamar but ive never seen a running qb NOT come down with a major injury after a few years so it has risks of a blown season which for Herbert is much less likely especially with his pocket sliding ability to move him to safety.
                      i'd like to see Herbert run more in the 4rth quarter, in big games. It will be the difference between the super bowl and going home.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

I have some friends in Kansas City that are Chefs fans and they're okay...but...can't speak for the rest of the city...

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

One summer, I spent 2 weeks in the state of Misery.
                          Heat, humidity, chiggers, and rednecks...
                          That place blows.

Comment

Working...
                          X