• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I am big fan of Walker (from college). Him playing instead of Penny might not be so good for us...

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Matt Ruhle fired by the Panthers
      Steve Wilks takes over

Panthers might be open for business - Brian Burns, Derrick Brown and the most intriguing for the Chargers might be DJ Moore anyone? Bueller Bueller

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Browns traded for falcons pro bowl LB Deion Jones. Hmmm….

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Jones was a pro bowler a while ago. And right now he is injured. Not sure he has played yet this season.
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
            Steve Wilks takes over

Panthers might be open for business - Brian Burns, Derrick Brown and the most intriguing for the Chargers might be DJ Moore anyone? Bueller Bueller
            Telesco isn’t known to go shopping during the season. He would rather rely on his practice squad players who got soundly beat by other teams third stringers during preseason.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Steve Wilks takes over

Panthers paid Rhule $62M on a 7 year deal, and was only in his 3rd season. What a disaster.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Panthers paid Rhule $62M on a 7 year deal, and was only in his 3rd season. What a disaster.
                But at least they had the guts to fire him before his contract was up. The Panthers will probably win a Super Bowl before the Chargers.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

But at least they had the guts to fire him before his contract was up. The Panthers will probably win a Super Bowl before the Chargers.
                  Newest owner is probably more capitalized than the Span, and frankly Rhule hasn't shown much. I don't know what the time line was between the Rivera firing and the new ownership, and the GM situation, but we know that the Broncos were all set at their new coach and Russell Wilson before that ownership deal was closed.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Newest owner is probably more capitalized than the Span, and frankly Rhule hasn't shown much. I don't know what the time line was between the Rivera firing and the new ownership, and the GM situation, but we know that the Broncos were all set at their new coach and Russell Wilson before that ownership deal was closed.
                    Tepper is worth $18b. Not sure what Dean is worth when the Chargers are not included but he doesnt have the liquid cash to pay half of that 7 year contract to not coach the Panthers. I am sure there is some offset language if Ruhle gets a job in the NFL . But not sure how it works if he goes back to college

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Tepper is worth $18b. Not sure what Dean is worth when the Chargers are not included but he doesnt have the liquid cash to pay half of that 7 year contract to not coach the Panthers. I am sure there is some offset language if Ruhle gets a job in the NFL . But not sure how it works if he goes back to college
                      Apparently if he gets a job in college, his new salary will offset the remaining money owed to him, starting in 2023, per nfl.com:

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Apparently if he gets a job in college, his new salary will offset the remaining money owed to him, starting in 2023, per nfl.com:

I would not be surprised if he takes an additional year off to re-charge and select an ideal landing spot.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I would not be surprised if he takes an additional year off to re-charge and select an ideal landing spot.
                          But already there are a couple pretty high profile jobs open. Unless Jim Leonhard does well at Wisconsin, that job is open. Nebraska is open. Arizona State is open. I am sure other jobs will open too. Ruhle will have his pick

Comment

Working...
                          X