• Show
Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Apparently I clicked on the NFL thread and found myself in an alternate universe.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Schefter mentioned that if the Broncos are 3-5 or 2-6 after next week - they might be open for business
      Chubb
      Jeudy
      Hamler

If the Broncos TrULY open for business and Schefter knows the Broncos well, the one I want is Hamler - speed on the outside

Bandy - sorry folks - ain't going to cut it

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
        Schefter mentioned that if the Broncos are 3-5 or 2-6 after next week - they might be open for business
        Chubb
        Jeudy
        Hamler

If the Broncos TrULY open for business and Schefter knows the Broncos well, the one I want is Hamler - speed on the outside

Bandy - sorry folks - ain't going to cut it
        Bandy's numbers today: 1 catch in 6 targets for -5 yards and an offensive PI. Not sure I'd even waste a practice squad spot for this.

TT needs to pick up some help at WR.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Bandy's numbers today: 1 catch in 6 targets for -5 yards and an offensive PI. Not sure I'd even waste a practice squad spot for this.

I get it. He is the little white kid who was a UDFA and he made the team and he did it against guys on the other teams practice squad or out of the NFL. I appreciate his efforts but not every little whtie UDFA WR is Wes Friggin Welker or Julian Edelman. they just aren't

He had a chance to make a tough catch - he didn't. Thats your job if you want to be in the NFL - make the tough catches.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

I'm worried about Tua. He may have waiting 4 weeks. But I don't think he can handle any hit that shakes him. If he goes down hard, he probably get dinged again
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

TT doesn't do anything. At least when it comes to activity during the season. He always sits on his ass and lets the trade deadline go by. The most he does is acquire a draft pick, which half the time doesn't do anything.

Staley is the one who has been making moves to improve the roster in the off-season. He needs to recognize that the lack of speed at WR that is killing the offense. Someone needs to bring that up to him, those who asks questions at the podium, if they haven't already.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

TT doesn't do anything. At least when it comes to activity during the season. He always sits on his ass and lets the trade deadline go by. The most he does is acquire a draft pick, which half the time doesn't do anything.

Staley is the one who has been making moves to improve the roster in the off-season. He needs to recognize that the lack of speed at WR that is killing the offense. Someone needs to bring that up to him, those who asks questions at the podium, if they haven't already.
                I'm sure he has never thought of that lol. But you know, I bet he also knows that speed isn't everything. You got to have some other skills to go with it.
                There are many fast guys that get cut.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm sure he has never thought of that lol. But you know, I bet he also knows that speed isn't everything. You got to have some other skills to go with it.
                  There are many fast guys that get cut.
                  But than you see Tyreek Hill and the speed in KC and realize - its not a detriment to have speed.

The Chargers are missing speed on their offense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But than you see Tyreek Hill and the speed in KC and realize - its not a detriment to have speed.

The Chargers are missing speed on their offense.
                    Their WRs have skills. Hill has skills, Waddle has skills.
                    Andy Isabella has speed, not other good WR skills for example. Speed isn't enough to make you a good WR.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-24-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

There is a running back renaissance going on in the NFL right now. Generations ago RBs used to dominate the league, they were almost as important to the offense as the QB. But in recent generations the RB has been pretty much relegated to afterthought status, not worthy of high draft picks. However, recently, especially in the past few drafts, the position is on the comeback.

Saquon Barkley #2 overall in 2018
                      Nick Chubb #35 overall in 2018
                      Josh Jacobs (who is looking dominant for LV) #24 overall in 2019
                      Najee Harris #24 in 2021
                      Travis Etienne #25 in 2021
                      Javonte Williams #35 overall in 2021
                      Breece Hall #36 overall in 2022
                      Kenneth Walker III #41 in 2022
                      Damenon Pierce #107 overall in 2022

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Their WRs have skills. Hill has skills, Waddle has skills.
                        Andy Isabella has speed, not other good WR skills for example. Speed isn't enough to make you up a good WR.
                        I get that. They don't grow on trees. Yet other teams are able to find players with speed that can catch the ball.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Ja'Marr Chase catches 125 footballs after every practice, contested catches with a defender playing him, from a Jugs machine.

Comment

Working...
                          X