• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

The matchup predictor has Chargers going 5-5 over final 10 games to finish 9-8. Sounds about right based on current health and lack of speed. Maybe they do better, maybe worse.
    opcorn:
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Wow sounds like a repeat of many seasons before.Boring.

Comment

• Katdnzr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have been thinking about this a lot today (in several very boring Zoom meetings at work!) and while I hope I am wrong, I think they are not going to do anything else. Williams isn't on IR so they are hopeful (delusional?) he'll be back sooner rather than later and appear willing to roll the dice that with two more weeks, Allen will be ready to go full bore and Palmer having 3 weeks off to heal his concussion, ankle and knee will be enough to hold down the fort until Williams is back in a month. They appear to be really high on Palmer still and are counting on him to step up. So I expect (fear?) that we will not do anything aside from a practice squad scrub type like Moore, Bandy and maybe Reed.
        Just wondering what you are basing this statement on? Is it an assumption by you or do you have some insight we all don't. I see the Chargers are trying to get him to step up but so far he hasn't or can't. Now I am afraid I see him "gun shy" from the concussions he's had especially after his last game.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I just read the Seahawks players are upset about the surface at Sofi. They point to all the non-contact injuries and they want the NFL to do away with the artificial surface at Sofi and other stadiums that aren't grass.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            The matchup predictor has Chargers going 5-5 over final 10 games to finish 9-8. Sounds about right based on current health and lack of speed. Maybe they do better, maybe worse.
            opcorn:
            Pretty much a worst-case scenario if the season plays out like that. Telesco/Staley are back; later, mid-round draft picks. So now it looks like we should be talking about 2024 before we can hope to see any meaningful changes.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

The Chiefs traded for Kadarius Toney, a guy I thought the Chargers might try to acquire. He had great potential as a WR coming out of Florida last year, the Giants picked him in the first round.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                The Chiefs traded for Kadarius Toney, a guy I thought the Chargers might try to acquire. He had great potential as a WR coming out of Florida last year, the Giants picked him in the first round.
                Just another example of a well ran organization. #ScrewSpanos

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post

Just wondering what you are basing this statement on? Is it an assumption by you or do you have some insight we all don't. I see the Chargers are trying to get him to step up but so far he hasn't or can't. Now I am afraid I see him "gun shy" from the concussions he's had especially after his last game.
                  This is not based on any insight at all - it is just a hunch based off the reports about how high the front office and coaching staff are on him. It also kind of fits the M.O. of this team, trusting the roster they assembled to come through. I didn't say they aren't overly optimistic about their beliefs or that I wouldn't want to add a receiver with some speed. I just don't see them making a big splash move.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not ready to pull the plug on Staley but next Tuesday will be an interesting day in how the organization views itself moving forward this season. I hope they are not okay with the current WR room. But I guess we will find out next week
                    I hope for something but if they were going to trade for a WR, wouldn't you think they would do while they have a bye week to help get that player up to speed?

I guess I'll wait for a surprise since I expect nothing.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-29-2022, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

That was with Cleveland, where he busted. He was fired two years later with a combined 36-45 record. Sadly, I think Staley is going to be given just a long a rope before the Span-Asses are forced to pull the plug on him and the rest of the sorry bunch of coaches he's assembled. So two more years, after this one, of uninspired football. But at least we can say we gave him a chance.
                      Those Cleveland teams lacked the talent to compete.

Belichick had years of NFL experience coaching at a high level, Staley practically zip.
                      Bad comparison.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Just another example of a well ran organization. #ScrewSpanos
                        Maintain the course.......stick to the plan our brain trust has put together: no in season trades!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          opcorn:
                          i don't see it with the current coaching staff.

I think 7 -10 is more likely. I really can't imagine what staley will promise for next year in that case.

Comment

Working...
                          X