• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Up here in 49ers country, the Niners are in a big bind. They have until the deadline tomorrow to unload Jimmy GQ's contract, or they will be over the cap and subject to fines, lost draft picks, etc. They are $4.2 mil over the cap and they need to dump Garoppolo's $25.5 mil contract (there will be a $1.4 dead cap hit). Apparently they can't find a trade partner, with developments in DeShaun Watson's situation. So they may have to just release him. On the one hand, it's kind of hard to believe they can't find a trade partner for a QB who took his team to the NFC Championship twice in three years, winning one. On the other hand, that's a huge amount of money for a team to take on.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Up here in 49ers country, the Niners are in a big bind. They have until the deadline tomorrow to unload Jimmy GQ's contract, or they will be over the cap and subject to fines, lost draft picks, etc. They are $4.2 mil over the cap and they need to dump Garoppolo's $25.5 mil contract (there will be a $1.4 dead cap hit). Apparently they can't find a trade partner, with developments in DeShaun Watson's situation. So they may have to just release him. On the one hand, it's kind of hard to believe they can't find a trade partner for a QB who took his team to the NFC Championship twice in three years, winning one. On the other hand, that's a huge amount of money for a team to take on.
      The problem is that first tier QBs like Rodgers set the price so high that second tier QBs like Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins are getting overpaid, relatively speaking as no athlete/actor/musician is worth the insane money they get.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Other NFL news... proposals to allow both teams to have possession in OT, and one from the Titans to maybe end OT if the first team possessing scores a TD, as well as a 2pt conversion.

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Other NFL news... proposals to allow both teams to have possession in OT, and one from the Titans to maybe end OT if the first team possessing scores a TD, as well as a 2pt conversion.

I do like the change that allows both teams to possess the ball in overtime. The next score would then win it. Don't like the two-point try rule, but I bet Derrick Henry does.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The problem is that first tier QBs like Rodgers set the price so high that second tier QBs like Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins are getting overpaid, relatively speaking as no athlete/actor/musician is worth the insane money they get.
            The niners also have to carry Jimmy G today because of his injury guarantee on his contract. So they can trade him but they need to carry him on the roster until the QB carousel (Watson) finalizes

If Deshaun goes to Atlanta, I can see Ryan to the Colts and JImmy G to the Browns

Hell the Colts should be calling on Ryan anyway today

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Keep it the way it is.

Everyone who wins the coin flip will kick off - stupid!

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Ravens sure know what they are doing as usual. D Williams and Reiff still out there.
                Both guys have injury baggage that concerns me after what happened to Bulaga.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I like the Titans proposal more of the two even if they’re both flawed. Just keep it to postseason.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Steady as they get. Im shocked his contract was so low.
                    He may only be at the okay stage of his career.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

low guaranteed money incentive based for an easy cut

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        Keep it the way it is.

Everyone who wins the coin flip will kick off - stupid!
                        To me, that is the issue, the stupid freaking coin flip. Each NFL team is a BILLION dollar organization and to have their successes and failures potentially come down to a coin flip is ridiculous!
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Reiff changes teams more frequently than some people change their underwear.

Comment

Working...
                          X