• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Bears fans here talking about Mike Williams...is that a thing/rumor? Or just clickbait bullshit...
    Probably a bit of both. Bears will have the cap space. They need to get more weapons with Caleb Williams (if he is truly the pick). I have thought about both the Bears and Panthers for MW.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I thought Sean Payton was a good coach and I wanted him last year

but after the way he coached last year - lost a lot of respect for him and how he handled Russell Wilson

A good coach takes the talent they have and builds a game plan around that. Now, if Payton wanted a Drew Brees type QB - why did he go to Denver and try to make RW into something he isn't. Oh right, the $18m per year

Its fine Payton wants his own type of QB - but going to Denver knowing they just signed Wilson - I would want my coach to build an offense around what he does well and not well
      It’s well known that Russell Wilson has quite the ego. To get 8 wins out of him is a testament of how good Payton is. Wilson’s career is pretty much over. He can take that $39 million and go hang out with McDaniels on their own deserted island for overpaid, underachieving NFL head cases.

I imagine Payton is jealous of Harbaugh. This is the job and QB he really wanted. Now he’s burning in cap hell with no QB, limited resources, and staring up at the rest of the division.

The Chargers are ascending, the Donkeys just ate $85M on a subpar QB. And Staley is probably collecting carts somewhere in a grocery store parking lot. I couldn’t have asked for a better off-season than this.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Watsons.

More guaranteed money still due.

The more I see of Sean Payton, I think the Broncos hired the right guy. What an arrogant jack ass
        Agree, i wasnt real high on Payton as our HC last year. Never thought Dean would spend on a real HC but if he did i always said id prefer Harbaugh. So im glad the Broncos got Payton and we got JH. Also Elway who was Denvers GM did a bad job so he is the one that hired Paton to take his place as GM damn id he didnt make another bad decision. Paton hasnt been very good at his job.

Paid way too much and draft capital for Wilson, way over paid McGlithcy. Will maybe have to trade Simmons and another for cap reasons. Dont have the draft capital to move up for a QB.

I say keep him around too.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

It’s well known that Russell Wilson has quite the ego. To get 8 wins out of him is a testament of how good Payton is. Wilson’s career is pretty much over. He can take that $39 million and go hang out with McDaniels on their own deserted island for overpaid, underachieving NFL head cases.

I imagine Payton is jealous of Harbaugh. This is the job and QB he really wanted. Now he’s burning in cap hell with no QB, limited resources, and staring up at the rest of the division.

The Chargers are ascending, the Donkeys just ate $85M on a subpar QB. And Staley is probably collecting carts somewhere in a grocery store parking lot. I couldn’t have asked for a better off-season than this.
          Wilson will get another job. He has buco millions coming and said he would take a vet minumum deal to start someplace....whic is all anyone will offer since he is geting paid by Denver. His ego has eyes for the HOF so he will want to keep playing, though he has a ways to go to make it.

I can see Wilson as a Viking, Raider, or Steeler.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wilson will get another job. He has buco millions coming and said he would take a vet minumum deal to start someplace....whic is all anyone will offer since he is geting paid by Denver. His ego has eyes for the HOF so he will want to keep playing, though he has a ways to go to make it.

I can see Wilson as a Viking, Raider, or Steeler.
            I think it is going to be very interesting where he ends up. I think it could take a bit of time.

for the vet minimum - if he is willing to sit behind Justin Herbert - I would take him over Easton Stick. Granted, thats a low bar

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Seahawks released both starting safeties, Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                Teams are starting to make moves

Your move JH2 - give us something - Kendricks, Williams, Allen extension

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                  Ouch . . . . . . . .wasn't Jamal Adams the best thing since sliced bread a couple of years ago?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Ouch . . . . . . . .wasn't Jamal Adams the best thing since sliced bread a couple of years ago?
                    Injuries

He could be signed on a one year prove it deal at this point

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I dunno. If I am the new DC and already unsure of myself the last thing I want is a guy like Staley as my "advisor". Just seems like it adds unnecessary pressure. Nothing personal against Staley, just seems like a really bad dynamic. One thing for sure, this is the last former Charger HC that Shanahan can hire to be his asst head coach.

TG
                      attaboy! I see what you did there
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I thought Sean Payton was a good coach and I wanted him last year

but after the way he coached last year - lost a lot of respect for him and how he handled Russell Wilson

A good coach takes the talent they have and builds a game plan around that. Now, if Payton wanted a Drew Brees type QB - why did he go to Denver and try to make RW into something he isn't. Oh right, the $18m per year

Its fine Payton wants his own type of QB - but going to Denver knowing they just signed Wilson - I would want my coach to build an offense around what he does well and not well
                        Payton is a douche. bad juju. he always blames someone else. he cheats. he sucks. fuck that guy.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Franchise tag news:

Tagged

Josh Allen
                          Jacksonville Jaguars · LB

The Jaguars placed their non-exclusive franchise tag on Allen on March 5. Allen will earn $24 million on the tag in 2024. The pass rusher racked up 17.5 sacks and 33 QB hits in 2023.

Brian Burns
                          Carolina Panthers · LB

The Panthers placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on Burns on March 5. Burns, 25, logged eight sacks for Carolina in 2023, bringing his career total to 46. The edge rusher will earn $24 million in 2024.

Kyle Dugger
                          New England Patriots · S

The Patriots used their transition tag on Dugger, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported on March 5. Dugger, 27, has nine career interceptions in four seasons for New England.

Tee Higgins
                          Cincinnati Bengals · WR

The Bengals used their non-exclusive franchise tag on Higgins on Feb. 26. Higgins battled through injury during the 2023 season and recorded a career-low 42 catches, 656 yards and five touchdowns. He's set to earn $21.8 million in 2024.

Jaylon Johnson
                          Chicago Bears · DB

Chicago placed its non-exclusive franchise tag on Johnson on March 5. He is slated to earn $19.8 million on the tag in 2024. Johnson and the Bears are in the process of negotiating a long-term deal.

Justin Madubuike
                          Baltimore Ravens · DT

Baltimore placed its non-exclusive franchise tag on Madubuike on March 5. Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said in a statement that they would "continue to negotiate a long-term deal" with the up-and-coming defensive tackle.
                          Michael Pittman
                          Indianapolis Colts · WR

The Colts used their non-exclusive franchise tag on Pittman on March 5. The tag is worth $21.816 million for the 2024 season, but the sides will continue to discuss a long-term deal, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported.

L'Jarius Sneed
                          Kansas City Chiefs · CB

The Chiefs used their non-exclusive tag on Sneed on March 4. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported in February that the Chiefs had granted Sneed permission to seek a trade. The cornerback is set to earn $19.8 million on the tag.
                          Antoine Winfield Jr.
                          Tampa Bay Buccaneers · S

The Buccaneers placed their non-exclusive franchise tag on Winfield on March 5. The safety is set to earn $17.1 million on the tag in 2024.

Not tagged

Saquon Barkley
                          New York Giants · RB

Barkley was not franchise-tagged ahead of Tuesday's deadline and is set to hit free agency.

Xavier McKinney
                          New York Giants · FS

The Giants did not use a tag on McKinney. He will hit free agency.

Christian Wilkins
                          Miami Dolphins · DT

Wilkins was not franchise-tagged and is set to hit free agency.

Comment

Working...
                          X