• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Why are the Chiefs getting lauded? Worthy isnt all that...Kingsley needs work...I did like their Wiley and Nourzad picks...but their class is nothing special...

Ladd will be a better, more impactful pro than Worthy, by far...
    Yup. McConkey is better at almost every aspect of receiving the ball.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Raiders with the all new TT are talking junk...bragging about Koonce vs an injured Rashawn last year.

Raiders think they have some major league OL now, with JPJ at ORG and cement foot Glaze at ORT.

Meanwhile pundits across the land speak of the Chargers having "the NFL's very best two bookends for the next 10 years."

Think about that for a moment. Fouts/ Rivers never had anything close to that. No one EVER has !!
      TT drafting players to play out of position on the interior... and making reaches for late-round tackles in the 3rd round...
      Classic TT! I can't wait for Joe Alt to start planting Maxx into the turf...

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Why are the Chiefs getting lauded? Worthy isnt all that...Kingsley needs work...I did like their Wiley and Nourzad picks...but their class is nothing special...

Ladd will be a better, more impactful pro than Worthy, by far...
        Because they are the Chiefs, lol.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

TT drafting players to play out of position on the interior... and making reaches for late-round tackles in the 3rd round...
          Classic TT! I can't wait for Joe Alt to start planting Maxx into the turf...
          Tre Pipkins - post June 1 trade - come on Telesco - you know you want it

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Bills traded the #32 with the Panthers #33, apparently most think they got the WRs they targeted with Panthers taking Legette, and Bills taking Coleman, then the Bolts traded up to get McConkey. I guess that trio of WRs will be watched to see who got the best out of it. I know it was discussed somewhere on why the trade up, Pats did take WR Polk at the #37... so add that to who will be watched. Of course we want McConkey to be the steal of the 4.

Comment

• Icebolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
              Not sure why Charger fans give two shits about Penix to ATL, I'm just glad that the Raiders missed out on all the QBs and I'm cautiously optimistic that Bo Nix was a huge fucking reach for the Donks...
              If Atlanta really wanted a QB for the future, why did they not take the 21 year old JJ Mc ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                The Bills traded the #32 with the Panthers #33, apparently most think they got the WRs they targeted with Panthers taking Legette, and Bills taking Coleman, then the Bolts traded up to get McConkey. I guess that trio of WRs will be watched to see who got the best out of it. I know it was discussed somewhere on why the trade up, Pats did take WR Polk at the #37... so add that to who will be watched. Of course we want McConkey to be the steal of the 4.
                Could be BS, but i read a Tweet that said Coleman has trouble reading a playbook. I guess some FL st coaches didnt directly say that but insinuated it.

So i wonder what his wonderlic score was if he cant read a football playbook which he should be good at?

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  "Versatility," said Harbaugh. "He can be an outside recevier, he can be a slot receiver, love the speed, 4.38, but he plays to it, he plays 4.38... Once he's got the ball in his hands, me and Joe were talking about it, he's very Brock Bowers-like, the way he gets yards after the catch."
                  -Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Good for us. Keenan Allen would like to speak with you
                    Cool. Have him check in with Woods, McKitty, Jones, Feeney, Tuerk, Mager, and Watt first.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Cool. Have him check in with Woods, McKitty, Jones, Feeney, Tuerk, Mager, and Watt first.
                      3rd round misses are costly. the first 3 rounds need to be hits. Woods and McKitty = horrible.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

3rd round misses are costly. the first 3 rounds need to be hits. Woods and McKitty = horrible.
                        We all love CivilBolt, but I laughed when he threw the Slayer R3 pick to imply Telesco didn't have a disastrous R3 history.
                        Agree - A GM should get a usable player in R3 most of the time. TT didn't. That Deadfoot OT he just took R3 @Vegas will be another trademark TT3 bust - perhaps coaches salvage him at OG, and I'd concede R3 is ok for an OG. But thats still an IF and he's not going to be a starting NFL OT so as far as addressing Raiders' need for another OT - he whiffed.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

We all love CivilBolt, but I laughed when he threw the Slayer R3 pick to imply Telesco didn't have a disastrous R3 history.
                          Agree - A GM should get a usable player in R3 most of the time. TT didn't. That Deadfoot OT he just took R3 @Vegas will be another trademark TT3 bust - perhaps coaches salvage him at OG, and I'd concede R3 is ok for an OG. But thats still an IF and he's not going to be a starting NFL OT so as far as addressing Raiders' need for another OT - he whiffed.
                          i had never studied the draft and point value by round as much i have for this draft (pick 5 and the WR need made it super interesting). the point chart really falls off after the 3rd round and some sites like Tankathon only track up to 100 players (which equates to 3 rounds). to routinely miss in round 3 is just bad news.

even the Keenan pick (TT's shining moment) - he should have been at least a GOOD player as a 3rd round pick, he turned out to be great. if he was a round 5 pick, then we could really applaud TT as a draft magician.

i am not trying to pile on TT either. look at Junior Colson - he is coming in as a guy expected to pull up the level of our LB play. if he can't make it onto the field like Woods and McKitty, it will be a disaster.

Comment

Working...
                          X