Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    T-Billy still around, signs with the Cowboys

Charger fans hearts are breaking with this news and the news that Guyton visited the Raiders!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      T-Billy still around, signs with the Cowboys

T-Billy!!!

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Slayer was a great pick, he dropped due to poor workouts while still recovering from injury (my guess on his less than stellar results) and the usual injury bugaboo risk concern. TT was fortunate his injury past did not affect his pro career.

But I shall continue to pile atop TT. Slayer was the only great Rd3 pick in over a decade. Give him a half-point for JP, I guess. Otherwise he constantly overdrafted players in Rd3 that had no business at all being drafted before Rd6, if at all. His LVR Rd3 pick this year was a consensus late Day3 pick that most scouts doubt can play OT at the NFL level (either side) - TT is carrying on the tradition and I'm thrilled to now watch it from afar.

TT was completely mediocre, average, he created mediocre average rosters his entire tenure. Great QB play (one he drafted, one he did not) consistently elevated the team from mediocre to average with the rare occasional blip up into playoff semi-contention but never once was there a realistic championship level of roster. His coaching hires were equally mediocre. He had two HOF-level QBs and could not produce more than average. That was his legacy, I was shocked and elated that LVR hired him given they had played against his weak teams for a decade.

Colson consensus rating a late Rd2 prospect on most boards. Excellent under-draft selection by Joe and Jim at a position of need - I watched many UM games (once lived in Detroit metro for 5 yrs, best friend was GOBLUE alum fanatic), he is a very good football player, my #2 LB in the draft. JH2 consistently under-drafted their selections AND it looks like they have an actual plan. Well done, men - nice change from TT's weird drafts that we would scratch our heads and try to rationalize afterwards and then cross our fingers.
        i agree TT sucks - i did not study the draft as much before to realize how bad he sucked. i remember thinking - shouldn't our 3rd and 4th round picks turn into meaningful players? I was annoyed about guys like McKitty, JT Woods and Spiller. i now see that they absolutely need to, and TT repeatedly made bad picks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Why are the Chiefs getting lauded? Worthy isnt all that...Kingsley needs work...I did like their Wiley and Nourzad picks...but their class is nothing special...

Ladd will be a better, more impactful pro than Worthy, by far...
          Because they've won two Superbowls consecutively, a great deal due to their last 2 - 3 drafts.
          Analysts are fearful of criticizing them:

Worthy is a Travis Benjamin type: I just don't see a 4.21 guy out there.
          Kingsley I watched, after watching the round 1 tackles, and I got quickly disinterested in him - yeah, lots of work.

The others (Wiley, Norzaud, Hicks) are backups for the foreseeable future.
          they will be good backups but probably never plus starters.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Charger fans hearts are breaking with this news and the news that Guyton visited the Raiders!
            The Raiders are trying to make up for their shitty QB play by signing every FA wide receiver out there.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Because they've won two Superbowls consecutively, a great deal due to their last 2 - 3 drafts.

Kingsley I watched, after watching the round 1 tackles, and I got quickly disinterested in him - yeah, lots of work.

ooh, good comp PBB. TBen 2.0.

Wiley is an interesting development project. He was down around #5 or so on my TE wish list.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I hear what you are saying.

I think this draft was very solid for the Chiefs as they all seem to be. They did well from where they were drafting.

But the one player where I found the praise over the top was Kingsley at tackle. Lots of talent and atheticism but also a very raw project. Some draft reviews were talking like he is a top level plug and play tackle that immediately solves LT and replaces Wanya Morris

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Chris Harris Jr. retires. His time with the Chargers was forgettable.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Slayer was a great pick, he dropped due to poor workouts while still recovering from injury (my guess on his less than stellar results) and the usual injury bugaboo risk concern. TT was fortunate his injury past did not affect his pro career.

But I shall continue to pile atop TT. Slayer was the only great Rd3 pick in over a decade. Give him a half-point for JP, I guess. Otherwise he constantly overdrafted players in Rd3 that had no business at all being drafted before Rd6, if at all. His LVR Rd3 pick this year was a consensus late Day3 pick that most scouts doubt can play OT at the NFL level (either side) - TT is carrying on the tradition and I'm thrilled to now watch it from afar.

TT was completely mediocre, average, he created mediocre average rosters his entire tenure. Great QB play (one he drafted, one he did not) consistently elevated the team from mediocre to average with the rare occasional blip up into playoff semi-contention but never once was there a realistic championship level of roster. His coaching hires were equally mediocre. He had two HOF-level QBs and could not produce more than average. That was his legacy, I was shocked and elated that LVR hired him given they had played against his weak teams for a decade.

Colson consensus rating a late Rd2 prospect on most boards. Excellent under-draft selection by Joe and Jim at a position of need - I watched many UM games (once lived in Detroit metro for 5 yrs, best friend was GOBLUE alum fanatic), he is a very good football player, my #2 LB in the draft. JH2 consistently under-drafted their selections AND it looks like they have an actual plan. Well done, men - nice change from TT's weird drafts that we would scratch our heads and try to rationalize afterwards and then cross our fingers.
                    Hortiz believes in continual player evaluation and upgrading. TT was done with player evaluation and upgrading by noon. He got projects and stuck with them for 4 years. Enough already. The time to win is now.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

I think this draft was very solid for the Chiefs as they all seem to be. They did well from where they were drafting.

But the one player where I found the praise over the top was Kingsley at tackle. Lots of talent and atheticism but also a very raw project. Some draft reviews were talking like he is a top level plug and play tackle that immediately solves LT and replaces Wanya Morris
                      I can't imagine the Cheifs getting lucky in 3 drafts in a row !

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Kingsley is a project. I like him on certain teams, so we will see…

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Kingsley is a project. I like him on certain teams, so we will see…
                          They drafted him where he should have gone in the 2nd round so solid pick. Just saw ome draft reviews where the praise was a bit over the top.

Comment

Working...
                          X