• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Why Detroit Lions OC Anthony Lynn doesn’t consider losing play-calling duties a demotion

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ng/8667574002/

'Just because I am no longer calling plays, or invited to offensive meetings, and they've moved my desk to the parking lot, and I'm
    no longer receiving a paycheck from the organization, I still think you guys are reading this situation all wrong, said Lynn.'
    Please tell me that bottom quote was not from Lynn

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Please tell me that bottom quote was not from Lynn
      I absolutely made the whole thing up.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        Why Detroit Lions OC Anthony Lynn doesn’t consider losing play-calling duties a demotion

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ng/8667574002/

'Just because I am no longer calling plays, or invited to offensive meetings, and they've moved my desk to the parking lot, and I'm
        no longer receiving a paycheck from the organization, I still think you guys are reading this situation all wrong, said Lynn.'
        Lmao Lol GIF

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Lynn also said:

“I thought he called the game last week that gave us the best chance to win the game. We had to run the ball 40 times in those conditions, and I haven’t had any problem with that.”

Of course not...

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Mike Florio and Chris Simms at PFT this morning gave Tom Brady the business for his heels-up slide, and for ESPN for being in bed with Brady while ESPN's MNF announcing crew ignores it.

BTW, what do you think of the Herbert slide, sliding early and getting back on his feet - like stealing second base when there is no play on you.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Mike Florio and Chris Simms at PFT this morning gave Tom Brady the business for his heels-up slide, and for ESPN for being in bed with Brady while ESPN's MNF announcing crew ignores it.

BTW, what do you think of the Herbert slide, sliding early and getting back on his feet - like stealing second base when there is no play on you.
              Its good to see. I don't want Herbert taking unnecessary hits for 1-2 yards extra.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Rookie LB Zavon Collins has lost his starting job. Interesting.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rookie-lb-z...213527186.html

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Conclusion to OL report.

The Chargers have too much much talent on offense to SUCK as much as they do.
                  The running game is lacking after Ekeler. Though I do think Rountree has gotten underrated but could do much better than he's shown lately. Joshua Kelley is a candidate to go to the practice squad like Joe Reed and KJ Hill are.

Stretching the field is something that needs to be worked on. The WRs after KA and MW need to get rolling. Part of it is play-calling by Lombardi, another part of it is Guyton and Palmer need to do more to rise to the challenge and show that JH10 should throw the ball to them more.

The right side of the OL is a weakness. Though I think Norton and Schofield are underrated. Norton gets beat by edge players who are superior, and does a better job against inferior players.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The running game is lacking after Ekeler. Though I do think Rountree has gotten underrated but could do much better than he's shown lately. Joshua Kelley is a candidate to go to the practice squad like Joe Reed and KJ Hill are.

Stretching the field is something that needs to be worked on. The WRs after KA and MW need to get rolling. Part of it is play-calling by Lombardi, another part of it is Guyton and Palmer need to do more to rise to the challenge and show that JH10 should throw the ball to them more.

The right side of the OL is a weakness. Though I think Norton and Schofield are underrated. Norton gets beat by edge players who are superior, and does a better job against inferior players.
                    Joe Reed had surgery and is on IR. Not sure if or when he will return. Would still like to see him used like Debo Samuel.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I am so glad to see this. It looked to me like Brady was trying to injure the defender and the defender had to potentially hurt himself getting out of the way, too. I love the Herbert slides. Saves him from getting cheap shotted while laying on the ground.

Also when Brady loses? Press conferences get cut short and he is testy. When he wins, he is the most charming guy in the world. I wasn’t sure if I hated Belicheck or Brady. I learned I hate them both.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                        The running game is lacking after Ekeler. Though I do think Rountree has gotten underrated but could do much better than he's shown lately. Joshua Kelley is a candidate to go to the practice squad
                        I concur with this. The offense is skating on thin ice because if Ekeler can't play for any reason there is no run game, let alone what he brings to the passing game and the way he makes people miss and has an uncanny ability to find the end zone. Rountree - yes, I was ready to throw him out with the bathwater after some early games where he showed nothing, but I agree he may be underrated and could develop into a pounding runner. Kelley is a PS player and nothing more. The fact he is on the roster is a testament to the glaring weakness at RB. I do have high hopes for Justin Jackson though, that he can return and through some sort of holiday miracle remain injury-free for the remainder of the season and contribute to the offense. He has the ability to be a dynamic runner, we've seen that. And he's a pretty good receiver as well. The offense really needs that from a 2nd RB.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Right on, Velo.Ekeler is the entire running game. And he has an injury history

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X