• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Is the desired result more than 2280 yards, 15 TDs and 182 reception combined and one led the league in over 40 yard catches?

Thats what they did in 2021 when healthy.

Keenan and D-Hop had very similar stats last season so we arent gaining anything imo.
    The Super Bowl is the desired result.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Super Bowl is the desired result.
      Well then the whole franchise has failed the desired result. You think just adding Hopkins and then trading Keenan or MW will get us there?
      I think we got bigger issues than that.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

I like him. I like Devonte Adams’s I think he’d crush it with Herbert.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well then the whole franchise has failed the desired result. You think just adding Hopkins and then trading Keenan or MW will get us there?
          I think we got bigger issues than that.
          Shake it up. We certainly have other issues that it doesn’t appear are being addressed

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Shake it up. We certainly have other issues that it doesn’t appear are being addressed
            We don't have a lot of cap. 12 mil isn't a lot and that's not enough to sign D-Hop.
            Need at least 4 mil or more to sign in season pickups for injury's.

I just think they are waiting for some possible cuts to happen. Sure we can sign Callahan but maybe they think someone else they Iike might come available. Nobody else is blowing up Callahans phone or he would sign by now.
            I always give them the benefit of the doubt instead of calling for them to just sign someone. At this point I'd try to get the best guy I can as well with limited funds.

Idk if OTC has been updated since the restructures but today it says by trading MW post June 1st we only save 1 mil by trading him and have a 12.4 dead cap. He isn't going anywhere this year.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              I like him. I like Devonte Adams’s I think he’d crush it with Herbert.
              Adams is the highest paid WR in the league but if we cut Herbert and make Stick our QB we can afford Adams.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Adams is the highest paid WR in the league but if we cut Herbert and make Stick our QB we can afford Adams.
                Said no-one . . . . . . EVER

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I like the idea but Telesco would never dream to grow the cajones to make that move.
                  never.
                  I don't see Telesco having the cajones either. I think even if the Chargers had 40m of cap space and same the WR room - he wouldn't call Hopkins. Yet the Bills and Chiefs, with way less cap space and better teams - if the story is true they talked trade at the draft - are probably talking to Hopkins now

So Telesco - fine, don't sign DHop as the WR is solid. That doesn't mean he should be relaxing either

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Telesco is probably just waiting for OTAs to see truly what he has. And come the end of July will makea couple signings heading into training camp. At least thats why i tell myself he is probably going to do.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't see Telesco having the cajones either. I think even if the Chargers had 40m of cap space and same the WR room - he wouldn't call Hopkins. Yet the Bills and Chiefs, with way less cap space and better teams - if the story is true they talked trade at the draft - are probably talking to Hopkins now

So Telesco - fine, don't sign DHop as the WR is solid. That doesn't mean he should be relaxing either

Huh? So TT go sign him, don’t go sign him - what are you urging here?

I agree - zero chance TT and Co are adding Hopkins. Hopkins is going to want >$10M for starters, and WR is already the strongest position group on the team. Makes no sense to me, talking about “sign him and trade KA or MW” … thats expecting him to pull off a Triple Lindey

Back To School Summer GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        [/B][/SIZE]

Huh? So TT go sign him, don’t go sign him - what are you urging here?

I agree - zero chance TT and Co are adding Hopkins. Hopkins is going to want >$10M for starters, and WR is already the strongest position group on the team. Makes no sense to me, talking about “sign him and trade KA or MW” … thats expecting him to pull off a Triple Lindey

Back To School Summer GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
                        I am just saying that signing DHop is probably not the right move to make because of the limited cap space and more importantly, the WR does look to have good depth. That said, he should still be trying to improve the roster - this team, right now, is not better than the top 3 teams in the AFC and the moves you made up to this point - why do them if you are not going to try to compete

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Ouch...that's a painful thought...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡