• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'm sad that Neil passed away from glioblastoma. Same terminal brain cancer that killed Tragically Hip's Gordon Downie.

Gord passed away October 17, 2017 after a goodbye tour.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
      • Feb 2019
      • Midwest
      • Local 150 operating engineer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
      RIP Neil Peart. You were my absolute idol growing up. You're the reason why I started drumming. No one IMO was a better lyricist. Your poetry put to music was amazing. :frown::frown:
      I hear ya. Drummer myself. Neil was one of my early rock influences. Really hard to process at first. The drumming community has lost one of the best in Neil Peart.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

This obviously isn't Neil, but an outstanding cover done years ago. You must follow her!

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Ontario , Canada
          • Send PM

RIP. He grew up in Port Dalhousie on Lake Ontario which is pretty scenic w lots of restaurants and bars, 14 miles away from where I grew up actually. I knew his high school from sports (he had graduated years earlier though) . We were listening to 2112 and Fly by Night in high school a lot. They wrote a song called 'Lakeside Park' about a popular park in the area I know well and many people visit in the summers.

They were hugely popular in the area and were the fav band of many and he will be missed.

Comment

• JPPT1974
            April Showers and Easter
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Heard he was a legend. And will always be. May he RIP!

Comment

Working...
            X