Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

I think that it is Rivers who moved from Chargers (with his heart being broke) but he could not stand playing anynore for that imitation of the coach we have.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
      I think that it is Rivers who moved from Chargers (with his heart being broke) but he could not stand playing anynore for that imitation of the coach we have.
      The reports are that Chargers chose to move on from Rivers...... obviously Rivers was told awhile back which triggered the permanent move to Florida....... remember they stopped negotiating before the season.....

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

The reports are that Chargers chose to move on from Rivers...... obviously Rivers was told awhile back which triggered the permanent move to Florida....... remember they stopped negotiating before the season.....
        For me current situation indicates a sick environment - everyone is ok with you, but deep there you know they really do not want you to be around anymore. He felt this, he knew this so he went east, he will clean his head and come back Tampa, Miami, Indy does not make any difference.
        Riding to the sunset with Lynn over Rivers is just wrong decision.
        If we would be healthy organisation TT would just dig his grave here but we are under same old ownership so nothing will happened.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Did you read that somewhere? If so, please post a link.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

Rivers is homeschooling children, he is starting a baseball camp with Walton county. I have not spoken with him, but have Restaurant industry friends who have.

im not saying he is not playing football, but he is interested in other things.

Lynn was not the correct coach to bring in, and it was clear when Whiz was fired Chargers this planed to moved on.

Probably needed the money to pay rent.

I guess us few fans need to move on.

im sure with the Kobe news out, no one will remember the other teams in LA much less the Chargers.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Maybe Rivers finally understands how LT felt when we hired Norv....
                oh ya
                I went there.
                jk
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Did you read that somewhere? If so, please post a link.
                  personal opinion sir.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
                    I can confirm Rivers is here in Florida, how do I upload a photo?
                    I think that smile on Rivers face is an
                    "I escaped from Alcatraz" smile...
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

personal opinion sir.
                      Okay. I kind of hope it's the way it went. I like the thought that it was PR's idea, not the teams.
                      I wonder if he'd be wanting to go elsewhere if they had stayed in San Diego?
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Okay. I kind of hope it's the way it went. I like the thought that it was PR's idea, not the teams.
                        I wonder if he'd be wanting to go elsewhere if they had stayed in San Diego?
                        If the Chargers never moved (or even if they moved as far north as Irvine I think he would of stayed. I still am 50/50 if he is just sick of the commute and 16 road games or if the Chargers are done with him.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

This is just about the timing. We have had 2 top 10 picks in the last 15 years. Williams and Bosa. We didn't need a QB then, and we wouldn't have been able to get one in another year.

I still think Rivers has another year or two if we can get the right talent around him. But I just don't think we can.

I don' think we are going to be able to fix all our problems in 1 offseason. Whole OL to rebuild, LB corp outside of the OTTO position, a CB, still don't have a true FS...…..probably need a RB, maybe a TE, depth a DE, NT, WR. If we have all these needs, is it worth it to bring Rivers back and potentially miss the franchise QB going forward? And even if we can address all the positions of need, how many of those players is going to produce from day 1? All the pieces might be in place, just not ready to go.

Even if we want the #6 pick on a QB, and could bring Rivers back, would we?

I doubt it. We have a lot of FA needs even if you just consider our own players, and TT seems like he is desperate enough to go hunting for FA, which is a bad move, but one he will probably make. FA is generally a bad move for all NFL, but TT has a pretty bad track record specifically. But he has a stadium to fill, and will probably make a splash move or two, and that is only going to happen if we don't have a QB to pay.

Comment

Working...
                          X