• Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
    I think it's possible that he re-signs with the Chargers, gets a rental close to LA and devotes to being in the facility more to help young QBs and make a couple more swings for the fence. Wife and kids near family for support.
    Man I hope. I want him back so bad, know in my gut he has 3 great years left then 3 more strong ones after than like Brees and Brady. He is so smart. Being away from the family and devoting all his time to the team could be just what he needs. He can always facetime with the kids and wife whenever they want.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
      I think it's possible that he re-signs with the Chargers, gets a rental close to LA and devotes to being in the facility more to help young QBs and make a couple more swings for the fence. Wife and kids near family for support.
      I doubt it. Too much of a family man. Probably wants to be there for his kids. I used to see them at church almost every Sunday. Flying from Florida to LA every week will take its toll on you

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

I doubt it. Too much of a family man. Probably wants to be there for his kids. I used to see them at church almost every Sunday. Flying from Florida to LA every week will take its toll on you
        There is no team within commuting distance of where he moved so he either will move his family or spend a lot of time away from them.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There is no team within commuting distance of where he moved so he either will move his family or spend a lot of time away from them.
          My guess is he moves the family for 2 more years

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

It will be a one or two year contract to bring along a younger QB. As someone mentioned, this offseason could be an interesting one of musical chairs.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

N.O. and JAX are about 100 miles closer each, all he needs is for one them to play ball.
              Nola is a no brainer, Rivers match w/ Sean Payton. Problem is Tyson is their future QB and he is ready now.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

Nola is a no brainer, Rivers match w/ Sean Payton. Problem is Tyson is their future QB and he is ready now.
                Do you mean Taysom Hill?
                He will be 30 before the 2020 season starts. Not much of a “future”.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

N.O. and JAX are about 100 miles closer each, all he needs is for one them to play ball.
                  NO has 2 QB's to choose from that are much better than Philip at this stage.

And Jax is on the hook for $22mil if Foles remains on the team, and almost $34mil if he's cut. Not to mention that Minshew arguably had a better year than "chuck and duck" Rivers did, with less weapons.

Neither are realistic options.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

My guess is he moves the family for 2 more years
                    I could see that as well. This recent home purchase may be more of a "forever" home thing than his next residence. Knowing his time was done in CA, why not start planning your life after football?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I could see that as well. This recent home purchase may be more of a "forever" home thing than his next residence. Knowing his time was done in CA, why not start planning your life after football?
                      It's not a recent home purchase. He lived there in seasons past while training in the off season.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

No brainer? Except for the fact that both Brees and Bridgewater are better options for them. :rofl:

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It's not a recent home purchase. He lived there in seasons past while training in the off season.
                          I wasn't aware of that. But that info only strengthens my belief that location won't be the determining factor in choosing whether to continue playing or not.

Having said that, I still believe that Tampa is the only team that makes any sense.

Comment

Working...
                          X