• Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Which makes the idea of Brady coming to the Chargers even more ridiculous. He would be joining a team his has owned entirely throughout the last 16 seasons.
    I for one don't feel it with the Pats anymore (hopefully I'm right) I think they're done and the Colts have a better chance at winning the SB than the Pats with their O line, running game and massive Cap room.

If Rivers goes to the Bucs I can see Ariens really have Rivers put up huge numbers, getting to the playoffs but I don't see their defense stopping anyone (ie. vs. Rams 2019) but hopefully Rivers could outscore everyone else.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

That is a horrible scenario, it's like saying Rivers and the Patriots are playing the AFCCG vs. Brady and the Chargers.

I'm still in stage one of the grieving process so I don't know if I'll be in the acceptance stage by week 17, many things can change, Schefter could have all the dirt between Rivers and Chargers brass by then, for now I still love Rivers > Chargers.

If the Chargers were a good organization with good owners and a great G.M., great coach, stayed in S.D. not the laughing stock of the league, Rivers turned into a jerk like Weddle and left, easy no brainer decision, Chargers all day, it's just like being cheated on for 40 years from an abusive spouse, it's hard to stay loyal if they aren't loyal in return, they have this grandiose idea of Lynn and a mobile QB that may or may NOT work, we'll see.
      No.
      submit an answer now haha
      if today was week 17 of 2020 season
      who do you root to make the playoffs?
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

No.
        Chargers and I would feel horrible for Rivers.

I hate that Stan Humphries got to a Super Bowl with the Chargers instead of Fouts or Rivers.

Being a Chargers fan is like living in the Twilight Zone or Bizarro World to where everything is backwards.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
          THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
          Generous Donor
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Chargers and I would feel horrible for Rivers.

I hate that Stan Humphries got to a Super Bowl with the Chargers instead of Fouts or Rivers.

Being a Chargers fan is like living in the Twilight Zone or Bizarro World to where everything is backwards.
          So true. In other bizarro shit how about Tobin Rote being our AFL championship-winning QB and not Hadl or Kemp? And losing Kemp on waivers only to have him go to the Bills and beat us in the championship? Or letting Brees go and him winning a SB within 3 years (during a season where we were the #1 seed in the AFC btw)? Or Rodney Harrison to the Pats & multiple SB's? Not to mention Fred Dean & company to the Niners and winning it all. It's our real 'tradition'...
          NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post

So true. In other bizarro shit how about Tobin Rote being our AFL championship-winning QB and not Hadl or Kemp? And losing Kemp on waivers only to have him go to the Bills and beat us in the championship? Or letting Brees go and him winning a SB within 3 years (during a season where we were the #1 seed in the AFC btw)? Or Rodney Harrison to the Pats & multiple SB's? Not to mention Fred Dean & company to the Niners and winning it all. It's our real 'tradition'...
            Sad reminders. Cut it out, I'm trying to forget.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

No.
              Rivers 1000%

Comment

• BigBad
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post

I could handle the Rodney Harrison one better if they would have stayed put in the 2003 draft and taken Troy Polamalu instead of trading back and taking Sammy Davis. I really think this is an underrated miss on the Chargers part. The defense would have been INSANE for the next 5 years.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

I could handle the Rodney Harrison one better if they would have stayed put in the 2003 draft and taken Troy Polamalu instead of trading back and taking Sammy Davis. I really think this is an underrated miss on the Chargers part. The defense would have been INSANE for the next 5 years.
                  I've always thought they dumped Rodney and Junior because they had the ear of the rest of the defense. Marty didn't want anyone else in charge. Rodney's injury slowed him and that was the excuse to dump him.. It's shameful when you look back at all the stupid things this franchise has done over the years.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Fuuuuck. Polamalu wouldn’t have fumbled the INT like Mcree.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

I feel there are only a few teams that can complain as much as us.

Lions no Super Bowl appearances.

Vikings 0-4 in Super Bowls.

Bills lose 4 straight Super Bowls (should have won first one)

Browns lose team to Baltimore, change name, win Super Bowl a few years later with all their favorite ex players on that team.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

I feel there are only a few teams that can complain as much as us.

Lions no Super Bowl appearances.

Vikings 0-4 in Super Bowls.

Bills lose 4 straight Super Bowls (should have won first one)

Browns lose team to Baltimore, change name, win Super Bowl a few years later with all their favorite ex players on that team.
                        That is a pain beyond pain. Even as a lifelong Charger fan I cannot imagine that pain.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

I took the Saints off the voting as Brees announced he's coming back and I'm sure the Saints will sign him, loyalty between him and the team unlike the Bolts and Rivers

Comment

Working...
                          X