• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

NFL Network/NFL radio usually do not repeat stories like that unless they believe it has merit. Glazer lives in LA and has insider connections....... so I assume it will be confirmed by Chargers brass sometime after SB when they see fit, which is usually after late after everyone already knows......

as usual, it may take awhile for Chargers brass to actually admit that they are letting Rivers go. The decision was obviously made before the season when they stopped negotiating, yet i saw another report from shefter, that Chargers brass was meeting soon to discuss the issue. My guess is that Chargers brass, in order to look better in public eyed not look cheap, made sure Rivers could not succeed this season by not adding any capable OL, or any other adds after we had injuries like most other teams did. I've always thought Chargers would never ever be willing to pay any QB or player 20-25 million per year....... like most QB's are getting today.....

It was much Cheaper to give Rivers zero help and let him struggle and go..... and with no help on OL, no 2nd TE, no speed at WR, no power RB to replace Gordon while he was out, etc.... Rivers was doomed...... while loaded teams like KC added players as needed to help them succeed.......

Spanos thinks this makes it look like its Rivers' fault and not the fault of Chargers brass...... Chargers also did this with Seau and Harrison....marty put them in positions that were not the best for their skills so that both would look like they could not play anymore...... making it easy to cut them.....

Spanos has been the worst owner and organization in football since he bought the team...... no real effort ever to get it right...... they get a 1/32 cut of the massive TV deal even though they do nothing to deserve it...... so no reason for a cheap owner to spend money........

I think we will all be sorry when Rivers signs with a team that actually has an OL, and he is leading them into the playoffs.....
    The only nit I had about your OP was that you labled it "official" even though there was actually nothing coming from the team. Glazer is a good reporter, but he really didn't have 'scoopage' on this, just his analysis. Unless there is a statement from the team, nothing is OFFICIAL.

Comment

• Silversurfer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Los Angeles
      • Send PM

Dumb Chargers, they were probably like Oh that wasn't suppose to get leaked, lets do some damage control. Sometimes I wonder why I ever even have faith in this team.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

The only nit I had about your OP was that you labled it "official" even though there was actually nothing coming from the team. Glazer is a good reporter, but he really didn't have 'scoopage' on this, just his analysis. Unless there is a statement from the team, nothing is OFFICIAL.
        It was official the day Rivers moved to Florida ,,, Phillip has known this for a while im sure

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

You can't fix stupid.

But maybe this will be a win win for the Chargers and Rivers.

Rivers gets a fresh start with another team.

And the Chargers get the mobile QB that so many fans have been pining for.

I'm seeing Chargers taking Herbert on multiple different mock drafts.
          Mocks are mocks. They have zero predictive capabilities. They are just pundit and fan personal ideas for what “he/she” thinks a team needs/should do. How many mocks over the last 5 years had us taking a QB early?
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Brady is coming to town... and the league is bringing operation "Chargtriots" with him. SB Champs next year...

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Mocks are mocks. They have zero predictive capabilities. They are just pundit and fan personal ideas for what “he/she” thinks a team needs/should do. How many mocks over the last 5 years had us taking a QB early?

These same mocks and experts all said we were taking Ronnie Stanley, and TT says later they knew all along they would take Bosa. Chargers are totally tight-lipped until the pick is in.

Hopefully QBs go 1-3 in the draft and we get a great pick at 6 from other positions.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                  Brady is coming to town... and the league is bringing operation "Chargtriots" with him. SB Champs next year...
                  WHATEVER it takes to bring home the Lombardi!!!
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

WHATEVER it takes to bring home the Lombardi!!!
                    This
                    very much this
                    Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Portland1961
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hillsboro Oregon
                      • Construction Re-roof Estimator
                      • Send PM

I'm sorry but I can't stand anything in LA. I tried rooting the Chargers on since the move but if Brady comes here I will say goodby after 58 years of being a Charger Fan through the highs and the lows. But can't stand Mr. Prima Donna Brady, so along with LA hate, I will have to move on. Even if they were to become Super Bowl Champs.

Problem is fuc**** hate the Sea Hawks, 49's and Raiders. The are the closest to Hillsboro Oregon.

Think I will just take up drinking again on the weekends and get along without the NFL.

I will still lurk here like the last many years. Thank you fellas for such a great site.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Justin Herbert. I don't want him. Simply because the name Herbert. :More Q Please:

Seriously though. I just hope we go O Tackle. D line. Linebacker heavy. Just one of those 3 positions every pick.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                          Justin Herbert. I don't want him. Simply because the name Herbert. :More Q Please:

Seriously though. I just hope we go O Tackle. D line. Linebacker heavy. Just one of those 3 positions every pick.
                          lol...... but if we draft OL, DL and LBer and do a great job of finding 3 starters do our defense and OL improve along with adds in FA........ then what QB is going to help us compete in AFC West????

Comment

Working...
                          X