Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

lol...... but if we draft OL, DL and LBer and do a great job of finding 3 starters do our defense and OL improve along with adds in FA........ then what QB is going to help us compete in AFC West????
    Tyrod is adequate this year. Maybe Stick makes a good leap in his 2nd year. Pick up Mariota cheap in FA? I would love to go all in on Lawson in next years draft. Heavy O line draft or FA to set up Lawson with a good O line next year. That is my Christmas birthday wish.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      interesting.......

I still call all of the reports fishy...... like Glazer got in trouble for reveling something too soon.... multiple networks reported it......... it was obvious chargers made their decision when they chose to end negotiations before the season after they found out Rivers was asking to get paid market value.... which is way too much money for spanos........maybe if this season had gone crazy great, then maybe they would have changed their minds?.... but last season did not go so well..... so writing is on the wall.....

Rivers already knows he won't be playing for the LA Chargers and that is why he moved his family permanently from SCAL...... We all know Rivers wants to be near his family so if there was any possibility that he would resign with Chargers, he would have not moved his family there till he was done with Chargers..... I know they all lived there in off season, but permanent move means he knows he is not moving back to SCAL.....

we all know from history that stuff finds a way to leak out and Chargers brass are usually late for official announcements....... Chargers usually wait till all available good coaches find jobs before firing our coaches... and starting a search..... .. Spanos likely will wait (like its a secret) till his contract ends march 1, before we "officially" admit to letting Rivers go...... ....... lol

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

Tyrod is adequate this year. Maybe Stick makes a good leap in his 2nd year. Pick up Mariota cheap in FA? I would love to go all in on Lawson in next years draft. Heavy O line draft or FA to set up Lawson with a good O line next year. That is my Christmas birthday wish.
        Tyrod is an ok.....7-9 type of QB which means we draft late middle to the early 20's...... next year.... with no shot at the Clemson QB(who showed in bowl games that he is a great runner but not a great passer)........ Burrow and Tua are much better passers.... and we draft 6 wich means we are close.....

Mariotta is a typical gimmick oregon QB who sucks in NFL and hebert will be the same..... Stick will never be anything in NFL..... still cant believe chargers signed those 2 worthless QB's 2 years ago.....

Chargers must get their QB in this 2020 draft and rebuild the OL prmarily through FA this year since we have the $$$...... then draft OL in future years..... the time to go all in on QB is NOW!...... not later when there are no great QB's ..... the price from 6 to go to 1 or 2 is far far less than trading from mid to late teens to #1 for the clemson QB next year and more competition for that pick next year....... simple math......

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Portland1961 View Post
          I'm sorry but I can't stand anything in LA. I tried rooting the Chargers on since the move but if Brady comes here I will say goodby after 58 years of being a Charger Fan through the highs and the lows. But can't stand Mr. Prima Donna Brady, so along with LA hate, I will have to move on. Even if they were to become Super Bowl Champs.

Problem is fuc**** hate the Sea Hawks, 49's and Raiders. The are the closest to Hillsboro Oregon.

Think I will just take up drinking again on the weekends and get along without the NFL.

I will still lurk here like the last many years. Thank you fellas for such a great site.
          Yeah, same boat here in Stumptown. My dad was a Niners fan from way back, when the two closest teams were them and the Raiders. But I went with the Chargers after we moved to American Samoa, figured out there in the middle of the Pacific, we were like a suburb of SD anyway, lol. But yeah, all this is royally sucking and Brady coming to town, man I hate that cheater.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

Tyrod is an adequate backup. If we really go into the season with him as our starting QB, by mid season he’ll be benched for the same reasons he was benched the last two times he was the starting QB - lack of any production on the offense. People complain, rightly so at times, about Rivers taking too many chances. Taylor is the exact opposite - he won’t pass the ball unless his first read is wide open. Otherwise he’ll scramble around, take too many sacks (sacked almost twice as often as Rivers in his career despite his mobility) or run. Points will be way down, punts will be way up and unless we have the 85 Bears defense to cover for Timid Tyrod, we’ll struggle. Clearly this year was a struggle with the turnovers, but at Rivers has a FAR higher ceiling than Taylor does.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

I would give a chance to Stick as starter and Taylor as backup.
              With all the money saved, pump up that OL.
              With a 3rd WR (not Benjamin!) and a good OL, a top QB will not be necessary.
              J. Flacco, D. Williams and S. Humphries, all three went to the SB.
              Gordon was not so bad. It is the OL.
              Imagine if Jackson and Ekeler can run next year !
              Rivers will be jealous...

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I’ll take Taylor’s lower ceiling and 6 wins.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Don't sleep on Stick.
                  Bison stampede.
                  You be trampled.

Don't waste my time on some scrub, overhyped QB...or one of your phatasses.
                  I want D.
                  I want to destroy.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Don't sleep on Stick.
                    Bison stampede.
                    You be trampled.

I want D.
                    I want to destroy.

Sounds like u want Simmons...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Don't sleep on Stick.
                      Bison stampede.
                      You be trampled.

I want D.
                      I want to destroy.

@6 I’m good with Young, Simmons, Brown, Kinlaw, Okuda.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

interesting.......

I still call all of the reports fishy...... like Glazer got in trouble for reveling something too soon.... multiple networks reported it......... it was obvious chargers made their decision when they chose to end negotiations before the season after they found out Rivers was asking to get paid market value.... which is way too much money for spanos........maybe if this season had gone crazy great, then maybe they would have changed their minds?.... but last season did not go so well..... so writing is on the wall.....

Rivers already knows he won't be playing for the LA Chargers and that is why he moved his family permanently from SCAL...... We all know Rivers wants to be near his family so if there was any possibility that he would resign with Chargers, he would have not moved his family there till he was done with Chargers..... I know they all lived there in off season, but permanent move means he knows he is not moving back to SCAL.....
                        I get that people just assume that rivers moved he’s gone but we don’t know what went into that decision. He may have had this planned since next year is his last. He knows he wants to be closer to home but may be willing to live in LA for his last year, we don’t know. He moved into a house he already owns so this could be a transitory stop for a year until he retires and buys the house he wants where he wants.

The drive was probably too too much for him as well. He couldn’t have seen his kids that much anyway and it’s probably easier for him to fly than to make that crazy drive.

Its speculation and thats cool since its the off season but Saying Rivers moves therefore he’s gone is premature.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

New Orleans is actually the closest to him and Brees is allegedly seriously considering retiring, does Peyton poach the next Chargers QB?

Comment

Working...
                          X