POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Down From #6?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

#6 (1600 points) would warrant a team like Miami giving up picks #18 (900 points) and #26 (700 points). I see no one player on the board that I would rather have than the two players we could get at picks #18 and #26. I also love the increased board control that such a trade back would give us. Our first three picks would all come within a 19 pick range and would be fairly evenly spread out (though not perfectly so). It would be difficult for us to be the victims of a run at a position with such a tight distribution of picks.

If we cannot pull off a trade back, that is okay, but a trade back seems like it could give us an extra top level player in a draft that seems to lack an obvious choice for us at #6.
    Love at #18

Shenault Jr. at #26

Bryant at #37

Ruiz at #71

I could live with that.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      01) Cincy/Burrow
      02) Wash DC/AT Young - they like Geron Christian
      03) Detroit/Young Okuda - Head coach wants an elite corner like he had in New England
      04) NYG/Jeudy Bechton/Thomas/Wills - Team desperately need OT to protect Daniel Jones
      05) Carolina/Herbert Tua will go here
      06) LAC/Lamb ?????
      07) Miami/Tua
      08) Az/D. Brown
      09) Jax/Simmons
      10) Browns/Wirfs

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Love at #18

Shenault Jr. at #26

Bryant at #37

Ruiz at #71

I could live with that.
        To paraphrase what someone said to me,
        I now think that Ruiz will not be there at #71.

But this scenario looks great.

I like Shenault.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

#6 (1600 points) would warrant a team like Miami giving up picks #18 (900 points) and #26 (700 points). I see no one player on the board that I would rather have than the two players we could get at picks #18 and #26. I also love the increased board control that such a trade back would give us. Our first three picks would all come within a 19 pick range and would be fairly evenly spread out (though not perfectly so). It would be difficult for us to be the victims of a run at a position with such a tight distribution of picks.

If we cannot pull off a trade back, that is okay, but a trade back seems like it could give us an extra top level player in a draft that seems to lack an obvious choice for us at #6.
          Are you kidding? We can't find an obvious choice at #6? I think there will be plenty to choose from that would be an obvious good choice.

And Miami has pick #5, I don't see them trading up to #6 giving up those picks but you know. ....if they would, then Id say they also think there is an obvious choice for them at #6.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
          181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
          225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

I think #6 is a good spot to stay in. Will have a good chance at an impact player.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Are you kidding? We can't find an obvious choice at #6? I think there will be plenty to choose from that would be an obvious good choice.

And Miami has pick #5, I don't see them trading up to #6 giving up those picks but you know. ....if they would, then Id say they also think there is an obvious choice for them at #6.
              No, I am not kidding at all. Chase Young is the best player in the draft and he will not be there at #6. If he were, then we would have our obvious choice at #6.

Instead, the best candidates I see as potentially being available at #6 are Thomas, Brown, Simmons and Okudah.

Simmons and Okudah are probably ever so slightly better players than Thomas and Brown. Thomas and Brown are very nearly as good and play positions of greater need. The choice from that group is far from obvious, so no, there is not an obvious choice.

Moreover, as good as they are, I would not take one of those players over two from a group that could reasonably be expected to include D'Andre Swift, Laviska Shenault, Mekhi Becton and Tyler Biadasz.

Miami may not want to move up, but the thread discusses whether trading back would be the better option, which, therefore, assumes that trading back is an option (i.e., we can find a trading partner).

Teams have different priorities and needs, so it is very possible for one team not to have a clear cut option, but for such an option to exist for another team at the same point in the draft.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                coupla thoughts on that.... if Andrew Thomas is on the board he is my first choice there, as the populist axiom is that after you have your franchise QB, you are looking for your franchise LT.

personally don't see a franchise QB that am overly fond of in this draft, so that moves me on to the tackle position, and as am not overly sold on the diminishing returns of your (proverbial) blindside protector, as again personally think there is a clear and present difference if I'm behind center, between the guy (LDE) that I can (easily) see in front of me, vs. the guy that eye can see outta the corner of my eye, hence my interest in the guy that can pass block from the LT position, and not the guys that are predominately run blockers, that can hold up in pass pro (@RT).... AT pls.

if he's not on the board, want nothing to do w/Wills, and prolly not interested in Becton either, hence my interest in Lamb, and primarily given that we are now in redevelopment mode.

not sure what's gonna happen @the QB position.... personally suspect Mariota and/or Hurts are the most likely/logical options, albeit do get the Bridgewater angle, just find that a little bittersweet as have been pimpin' him the last coupla go 'rounds, and only now are there a coupla few more peeps all of sudden that he has shown his talent (again), albeit it's gonna more likely cost us thru the nose, as opposed to what we coulda, woulda, shoulda got him for awhile back.... hence my interest in Mariota, who I think is a similar bounce back candidate as well ??

and Tua might go 5 (or later 18/26) to Miami (def not sure 'bout that atm), albeit have a suspicion that Herbert lands/ends up w/Carolina ??
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Love at #18

Shenault Jr. at #26

Bryant at #37

Ruiz at #71

I could live with that.
                  Kelly Bryant?
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

01) Cincy/Burrow
                    02) Wash DC/AT
                    03) Detroit/Young
                    04) NYG/Jeudy
                    05) Carolina/Herbert
                    06) LAC/Lamb
                    07) Miami/Tua
                    08) Az/D. Brown
                    09) Jax/Simmons
                    10) Browns/Wirfs
                    You left Tua, Isaiah, & Derrick on the board to pick lamb? Joke? Serious? Why?

Saw your reasoning above, beach.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Not unless somebody offers us the moon. We should get a really good player at #6.

Don't need to trade away the chance to draft Polamalu so we can draft Sammy Davis Jr and Terrence Kiel all over again.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You left Tua, Isaiah, & Derrick on the board to pick lamb? Joke? Serious? Why?
                        the joke would be selecting Tua, and then having to endure more injury misery.... not funny.

and Simmons obviously has talent, and how much impact is he gonna have on our win/loss @WIL, not to mention we were 1-4 upon the return of Derwin (and AP w/Bosa too) ??

love Brown, and thought he woulda been the lynchpin to a SB run, and now that we're obviously outta that loop, would prefer to go w/a guy that would add a lot to the Oside of the ball and fill a big hole, and considering as well that we have gone JJ and then Jerry @Derrick's 3T position.

think Lamb is gonna be very good and very impactful.
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

the joke would be selecting Tua, and then having to endure more injury misery.... not funny.

and Simmons obviously has talent, and how much impact is he gonna have on our win/loss @WIL, not to mention we were 1-4 upon the return of Derwin (and AP w/Bosa too) ??

love Brown, and thought he woulda been the lynchpin to a SB run, and now that we're obviously outta that loop, would prefer to go w/a guy that would add a lot to the Oside of the ball and fill a big hole, and considering as well that we have gone JJ and then Jerry @Derrick's 3T position.

think Lamb is gonna be very good and very impactful.
                          You’re correct about the Bolts not drafting Derrick unfortunately.
                          The rest we see very differently.
                          If you only see Isaiah @WILL, we are definitely not on the same thought path.
                          Also agree that lamb will be good, very good even. At #6 I demand more than good.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X