• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargerBuckeye
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2020
    • Send PM

Is Anyone Here Going To The NFL Draft

I'm going, I don't live far from Vegas, My flight leaves at 10:55 and arrives at 12:30. If I wanted to be in the area where charger fans would be on TV for the selection, Would arriving at the Vegas airport at 12:30 be too late or would I have a good window?
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Thinking about it since I live there but ......there are going to be 300 to 400 thousand people a d I hate crowds like that. It's why I don't go to New Year's on the strip. Might just opt for the comforts of home.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-11-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

I’m seriously considering going with the wifey
      she’s been a fan longer than I
      I also hate crowds but also like stepping out of my comfort zone occasionally
      we’ll see
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Not to mention ...in that crowd you might be wayyyy in the back, can't see anything and end up watching on a TV screen in the crowd.

I can do that from home with a bathroom nearby lol.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Thinking about it since I live there but ......there are going to be 300 to 400 thousand people a d I hate crowds like that. It's why I don't go to New Year's on the strip. Might just opt for the comforts of home.
          I was thinking of going since I moved back to San Diego and its drivable, but I hate crowds too.... that is a seriously huge crowd........

But there are big advantages to staying home, watching on TV with DVR for replays, bathroom, food, drinks, and internet to read/review information during draft and chat with fans online..... etc.....

Comment

• Blue Thunder
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Arlington, TX
            • Send PM

Everyone should go to the NFL draft at least once in their life, if you have the chance. It is an experience unlike any other.

My son (then 18) and I went to day 2 (2nd/3rd round) of the NFL draft in 2018. The draft was at JerryWorld and we live in Arlington, so it was only about a 15-20 minute drive for us. Since we didn't have passes to get in, we planned to enjoy the NFL Experience during the day and were hoping to try to get into the draft via standby that evening (which would have meant waiting in a long line and still just hoping to eventually get in - no guarantee).

About an hour before the draft, two FBI-looking guys in RayBans and navy-blue blazers were walking around semi-frantically (if that's a word) looking for people in jerseys. Fortunately, my son and I were in our Rivers jerseys. So RayBan#1 looks around, sees us, and says, "Chargers... two" into his earpiece mike. Then he says to us, "How would you guys like to sit on the floor with all of the other crazy fans?" Needless to say, we jumped at the opportunity!

RB1 leads us right past the long line, down into the stadium, and straight on to the field. He says, "Here are your floor-seat passes. The Chargers fans are over there. Have a great time!" There were some teams that they were having trouble filling the 50 VIP seats given to each team's fan section with decked-out fans and of course, they want everything to look good (read "packed") on TV.

Because of that and because of being in the right place at the right time and wearing the right thing, we got to enjoy the draft from an incredible perspective! It was basically like being immersed in a 3 to 4 hour long football party! It is a cherished memory of a shared experience that my son and I have that we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Another interesting thing was that the NFL Network crew (Eisen, Mayock, etc) were stationed right behind us (and up about 10 feet). So that was kind of cool, too.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post
              Everyone should go to the NFL draft at least once in their life, if you have the chance. It is an experience unlike any other.

My son (then 18) and I went to day 2 (2nd/3rd round) of the NFL draft in 2018. The draft was at JerryWorld and we live in Arlington, so it was only about a 15-20 minute drive for us. Since we didn't have passes to get in, we planned to enjoy the NFL Experience during the day and were hoping to try to get into the draft via standby that evening (which would have meant waiting in a long line and still just hoping to eventually get in - no guarantee).

About an hour before the draft, two FBI-looking guys in RayBans and navy-blue blazers were walking around semi-frantically (if that's a word) looking for people in jerseys. Fortunately, my son and I were in our Rivers jerseys. So RayBan#1 looks around, sees us, and says, "Chargers... two" into his earpiece mike. Then he says to us, "How would you guys like to sit on the floor with all of the other crazy fans?" Needless to say, we jumped at the opportunity!

RB1 leads us right past the long line, down into the stadium, and straight on to the field. He says, "Here are your floor-seat passes. The Chargers fans are over there. Have a great time!" There were some teams that they were having trouble filling the 50 VIP seats given to each team's fan section with decked-out fans and of course, they want everything to look good (read "packed") on TV.

Because of that and because of being in the right place at the right time and wearing the right thing, we got to enjoy the draft from an incredible perspective! It was basically like being immersed in a 3 to 4 hour long football party! It is a cherished memory of a shared experience that my son and I have that we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Another interesting thing was that the NFL Network crew (Eisen, Mayock, etc) were stationed right behind us (and up about 10 feet). So that was kind of cool, too.
              Thats a pretty cool story...

Still, I'm with BJ on this one...Fridge and bathroom nearby, cold beer, a couple of notebooks and draft pubs on the coffee table...and a computer in my lap so I can instantly post how furious I am that we just picked some guy...but that we can still get my guy in the next round...you know the deal...

I am definitely a couch fan...doesn't make me any less a passionate one. I just like the comfort of the house...

The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue Thunder View Post

Hell of a story bro
                thanks
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• ChargerBuckeye
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2020
                  • Send PM

I ended up changing my flight to an early morning flight

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Welcome to the Blues CB. Not sure if i welcomed you yet.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Thats a pretty cool story...

Still, I'm with BJ on this one...Fridge and bathroom nearby, cold beer, a couple of notebooks and draft pubs on the coffee table...and a computer in my lap so I can instantly post how furious I am that we just picked some guy...but that we can still get my guy in the next round...you know the deal...

I am definitely a couch fan...doesn't make me any less a passionate one. I just like the comfort of the house...
                      I was on my couch when we drafted Leon Burns.

RIP Duke Peasley.
                      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                      Ben Herbert

Comment

• ChargerBuckeye
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Welcome to the Blues CB. Not sure if i welcomed you yet.
                        Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X