• Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    Ok.
    Can't help it. I have to bring up my QB take from a few seasons ago......

Chargers drafted the wrong Clemson player. They should have drafted Watson-QB. Not Williams-WR
    Rivers contract is going to expire soon. He is 36 and is not going to improve. He will only begin to decline. Better to move on 1 year early and be ready than 1 year late and not ready.

I was roasted by nearly every fan on the forum boards.

My take this year has been go get Burrow-QB
    Pay whatever the price is to get the #1 pick.
    I am getting roasted by most for that take.
    They think 4 or 5 picks lost is too much.
    But its a 53 man roster. 7 rounds. Udfa and free agency. Chargers can go get #1 and be fine whatever the deal is.

TPB,
    Trust Crittydamus.
    Go get Burrow.
    I was the lone voice hollering to trade up for Kyler Murray last year. He is now even-money as league MVP with Tom Brady.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I was the lone voice hollering to trade up for Kyler Murray last year. He is now even-money as league MVP with Tom Brady.
      Good call.
      Stick is our murray
      just wait and see
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

I always wonder what if and a new what if occurred to me today.

What if Gates never held out in 2005 and we won those games and made the playoffs.

Brees tore his shoulder and Rivers would have been the playoffs QB.

This is the year the cruddy Seahawks were in the SB, the Steelers were the 6 seed and that could of been our 6 seed instead.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Have to share this dan patrick video about rivers especially pay attention at the end where he talks about our oline for the last 12 years.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Ok.
            Can't help it. I have to bring up my QB take from a few seasons ago......

Chargers drafted the wrong Clemson player. They should have drafted Watson-QB. Not Williams-WR
            Rivers contract is going to expire soon. He is 36 and is not going to improve. He will only begin to decline. Better to move on 1 year early and be ready than 1 year late and not ready.

I was roasted by nearly every fan on the forum boards.

My take this year has been go get Burrow-QB
            Pay whatever the price is to get the #1 pick.
            I am getting roasted by most for that take.
            They think 4 or 5 picks lost is too much.
            But its a 53 man roster. 7 rounds. Udfa and free agency. Chargers can go get #1 and be fine whatever the deal is.

TPB,
            Trust Crittydamus.
            Go get Burrow.
            At this point with Rivers gone you are correct to get Burrow. But, Lynn is wrong coach and TT has made his coffin. Not a good fit for this team with this FO.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post

At this point with Rivers gone you are correct to get Burrow. But, Lynn is wrong coach and TT has made his coffin. Not a good fit for this team with this FO.
              Bengals aren't trading the first pick away no matter how many times fans post wishful thoughts about somehow making them trade it to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                I hope at least some of you understand that Shawne Merriman just reiterated on Twitter that it was 100% joint decision and he wasn’t thrown out on his ass.

This narrative that the team owed Rivers a spot on his terms for as long as he wanted to play don’t understand history or business.

QBs as good or better than Rivers have had the exact same experience (or worse) leaving their old teams. Nobody “failed” Rivers. Not even close.

I wish him the best, and I’d be thrilled to see him get a ring. Seriously. No snark. He’s a better QB than so many that have won them. He never cheated. He was available, whether an ACL or broken ribs or whateverthefuck life threw at him. There’s a good chance he’s gone out there with the flu or other ailments too. 14 seasons and never missing a game is huge.

Thanks Philip Rivers. It’s been a roller coaster.
                The team failed Rivers for over a decade by not putting even an average OL in front of him once. With good pass protection Rivers has always been always an MVP candidate and the team just pissed away that greatness and now has decided to have a lesser QB to go along with its craptastic OL. Sheer brilliance by the front office--if they want the #1 overall pick in 2021.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Good call.
                  Stick is our murray
                  just wait and see
                  Lol....that's funny.
                  I'll say this about Murray. For a small guy he has a well above average arm, though not a great arm. Better than Stick for sure.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                    I always wonder what if and a new what if occurred to me today.

What if Gates never held out in 2005 and we won those games and made the playoffs.

Brees tore his shoulder and Rivers would have been the playoffs QB.

This is the year the cruddy Seahawks were in the SB, the Steelers were the 6 seed and that could of been our 6 seed instead.
                    Remember, the 2006 team Coach Schottenheimer put Darren Sproles on IR, not PUP, for the season with a broken leg. Darren Sproles would have started in the playoff game. And Coach Schottenheimer didn't like the past concussion history of USC safety Troy Polamalu, so we traded down and selected CB Sammy Davis. CB Nnamdi Asomugha was the next CB selected.

Dare to dream.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Remember, the 2006 team Coach Schottenheimer put Darren Sproles on IR, not PUP, for the season with a broken leg. Darren Sproles would have started in the playoff game. And Coach Schottenheimer didn't like the past concussion history of USC safety Troy Polamalu, so we traded down and selected CB Sammy Davis. CB Nnamdi Asomugha was the next CB selected.

Dare to dream.
                      I thought A.J. was the GM at that time?Marty was makin draft picks?

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                        Have to share this dan patrick video about rivers especially pay attention at the end where he talks about our oline for the last 12 years.

TT is watching this saying "What is this offensive line thing you keep speaking of?"

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

I thought A.J. was the GM at that time?Marty was makin draft picks?
                          Coach has input. His view of Polamalu was that Troy had a history and might be concussion-prone and Marty
                          had the medical evidence to backup his point.

Comment

Working...
                          X