• Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

You have a link for that?
    It was a Jason La Canfora article from last November: La Canfora had a source within the Charger organization

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...y-2019-season/

Furthermore, Rivers's lack of interest in promoting the move to Los Angeles -- he spends upwards of four hours a day in his car commuting back to San Diego -- has not gone unnoticed, either, which some in the organization believe could be a critical element moving forward. The Chargers, and the Rams for that matter, are having great difficulty selling seat licenses and tickets for the new stadium Rams owner Stan Kroenke is building in Inglewood, and the feeling within the organization is that Rivers has not embraced the relocation. For the business side of the Chargers' operations, it's difficult to launch a campaign in a new stadium with a quarterback who is essentially not a part of that community.

"He doesn't seem like he wants anything to do with L.A., at a time when the team is actually completing its relocation to L.A.," one source said.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post

Like many here I was at the game, essentially saw the exchange on the sideline, and saw Rivers warming up. It looked like 'that kind' of conversation, even from where we were sitting. Rivers started taking snaps and tossing and my dad said "this may be Brees last drive". One long TD to Ricochet Caldwell later (which almost got pick-6'd) and the rest is history.
      I was at that game, too. I just assumed Rivers was about to be the starter. I bought my Rivers jersey at the stadium that day.

Ricochet acted like he couldn't believe he caught that ball. And I couldn't either for that matter.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        Why are we worrying about Rivers not getting a new contract? I mean really he's earned enough to wipe his butt with $100 bills during this pandemic!
        Brees gave $5m to Louisiana relief efforts.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Brees gave $5m to Louisiana relief efforts.
          There's another guy who can wipe his butt with $100 bills. :>)
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

There's another guy who can wipe his butt with $100 bills. :>)
            The player gives $5..
            Why doesn’t the owner give $50+? He can wipe his ass with $1,000 bills.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I totally understand how the Brees' fan felt when he left after 2005. I never really cared for Brees even after the 2004 season so it didn't really hit me when he left because I thought Rivers was better. It probably helped that he's been with the Chargers for so long compared to Brees. Unlike Fouts, Rivers never got the same great consistent coaching year to year. I like Lynn but he's not Coryell. I will always root for the Chargers and hope they win a championship. But if not, then I hope Rivers will win. The only annoying thing about that happening is hearing the same nonsense that happened with Brees. "Oh the Chargers we stupid to let him go"....etc. It's never as black and white as that. And as much as I would have wanted to keep Rivers, I don't know how realistic it would have been unless he took a massive paycut.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                But if not, then I hope Rivers will win. The only annoying thing about that happening is hearing the same nonsense that happened with Brees. "Oh the Chargers we stupid to let him go"....etc. It's never as black and white as that. And as much as I would have wanted to keep Rivers, I don't know how realistic it would have been unless he took a massive paycut.
                There's people who do that stuff with ex-Chargers all the time.

It's going to be great if he does win a championship. Then you can stuff it in the faces of all the Rivers haters who blame him so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  And for those who still think Rivers departure was a mutual decision:

Telesco said the decision to move on from Rivers did not take place until last week. The Chargers’ front office had their annual meeting to outline the offseason, with the team’s quarterback situation being at the top of the list.

On Friday, after coming to a decision, Telesco called Rivers’ agent, Jimmy Sexton, to inform him of the team’s decision. Telesco then called Rivers on Saturday, officially ending the 16-year marriage.
                  And now we will likely get to watch the Colts make a deep playoff run with Rivers, who will have the best OL of his career in front of him, causing our front office to eat a bunch of crow in the process.

The Colts still have a few areas of need, but they are not at QB any more.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍