Best of luck to my favorite Charger.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

It's simply time.

One of my favorite AJ Smith sayings, "Better to let a player go a year too soon versus a year too late."

Not sure what path we'll take, but please no Brady.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
        Sad day for San Diego Chargers fans - maybe even LA Chargers fans. I get its probably the right move forward. That doesn't mean I think draft a QB at 6 is the right move but this is probably right for both parties. Hopefully they do him right.. My guess, he will be in indy or tampa
        True, its a sad day.....even though most of us knew it was eventually going to happen when they stopped negotiating with Rivers before last season.....

as usual the Spano's waited till after everyone already knew to make it official......

and yes Indy with their OL, being in AFC, and coaching, is probably best fit..... and maybe Tampa with Arians.....

Imagine if Rivers and Brady go to NFC?, then mahomes will have nearly zero competition in AFC as far as facing any great passers.......(if big ben gets healthy and plays)

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

I still would really like to know what details they couldn't get past or agree on.Gotta feelin Rivers wanted to stay and they were ready to move on.Good luck to whoever gets stuck behind tommyjohns steel wall of an o line.

Comment

might as well take a young QB now ….
            I disagree. As painful as it might be in 2020, we need to think about the long term. Trevor Lawrence is the only QB in the draft either this year or next year that gives us a competitive advantage over Mahomes for the majority of their careers. Lawrence is a better athlete with a better arm than Mahomes. While there are no guarantees, having Lawrence would help maximize the team's chances of beating Kansas City in the years ahead.

None of the QBs in this year's draft appear very likely to be elite franchise QB options. We can get a Daniel Jones level QB (last year's stupid #6 overall) any year and we do not need make the mistake of forcing the issue by taking a QB at #6 when there are absolutely no QBs in this year's draft worthy of that early of a draft pick. Trevor Lawrence type players are only found once in a great many years.

The team needs to be smart about this. The team is a virtual lock not to win wihout Rivers, so the team would be well served to pivot and shift its focus to the 2021 draft. As of this moment, trading draft assets and players for draft capital in the 2021 draft should be a serious consideration.

For once, I wish the team's front office would have the vision to see what needs to be done and do it instead of screwing up transaction after transaction and preventing the team from ever getting over the hump and winning the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
              Gracias Felipe, you are of the best Chargers ever. Thank you so much.

Welcome Tom, get us the trophy.
              We will not win by getting worse at the QB position and Brady is a downgrade form Rivers.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

might as well take a young QB now ….
                That is a given...... and why TT has been talking trade with CIN....... may not happen, or more likely someone else like NE, NO, Oak, INDY, TB, DEN, CHI, JAX, DET, or MIA will offer much more.....

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I disagree. As painful as it might be in 2020, we need to think about the long term. Trevor Lawrence is the only QB in the draft either this year or next year that gives us a competitive advantage over Mahomes for the majority of their careers. Lawrence is a better athlete with a better arm than Mahomes. While there are no guarantees, having Lawrence would help maximize the team's chances of beating Kansas City in the years ahead.

None of the QBs in this year's draft appear very likely to be elite franchise QB options. We can get a Daniel Jones level QB (last year's stupid #6 overall) any year and we do not need make the mistake of forcing the issue by taking a QB at #6 when there are absolutely no QBs in this year's draft worthy of that early of a draft pick. Trevor Lawrence type players are only found once in a great many years.

The team needs to be smart about this. The team is a virtual lock not to win wihout Rivers, so the team would be well served to pivot and shift its focus to the 2021 draft. As of this moment, trading draft assets and players for draft capital in the 2021 draft should be a serious consideration.

For once, I wish the team's front office would have the vision to see what needs to be done and do it instead of screwing up transaction after transaction and preventing the team from ever getting over the hump and winning the Super Bowl.
                  We won't have the first pick in the draft next season just like we don't have it this year. Getting Burrows this year or Lawrence next year is just not happening.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

I followed NFL 100% last few decades. Possibly down to 5% in 2020. 3% whomever Rivers plays for and 2% Chargers (0% if Brady).

My gut still tells me Rivers wanted out more than Chargers didn't want.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

wish rivers the best of luck WHEREVER he goes and WHATEVER he does. And if the bolts dont win it next year I hope rivers gets the ring...so in essence I'm hoping he wins the ring next year.

Comment

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

~ $10 million...gotta do it.

Now what about Ek ?
                        For the life of me, I do not get the love for Hunter Henry. He is a good TE when healthy, not a great TE, and he is often not healthy.

The team could probably sign Greg Olsen for a couple of years for about half of what it would cost per season to sign Henry. I am not conviced that Henry is a better receiver than Olsen at all, even at this late stage of Olsen's career. Signing Olsen would save money and buy us time to draft a true #1 TE. The notion that the team should franchise Henry is absolutely crazy. Henry is not a top 5 TE when healthy, so why would we ever pay him at that level?

Ekeler is an RFA, so it seems like we could place a first round tender on him and pay him whatever the first round tender value is (something like $4.667M). If someone wants to give us a first round pick in the 2021 Trevor Lawrence draft for the privilege of signing Ekeler, I would be happy to accept the draft pick, though I doubt that would ever happen. In the absence of that, we would be able to keep Ekeler for under $5M, which represents a bargain.

[EDIT: Of course, I now realize that the first round pick that would be gained if Ekeler were signed by another team under the scenario that I raised would likely be in this year's draft and not next year's draft--not as good, but still good.]
                        Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• pacstud
                          Black Belt Poster
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Thank you so much #17.

A great, great QB and a better person.

We will miss you.

Comment

Working...
                          X