• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Glad this has been officially laid to rest.

Wish you the best Mr. Rivers. Thank you for your time with the Chargers.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I disagree. As painful as it might be in 2020, we need to think about the long term. Trevor Lawrence is the only QB in the draft either this year or next year that gives us a competitive advantage over Mahomes for the majority of their careers. Lawrence is a better athlete with a better arm than Mahomes. While there are no guarantees, having Lawrence would help maximize the team's chances of beating Kansas City in the years ahead.

None of the QBs in this year's draft appear very likely to be elite franchise QB options. We can get a Daniel Jones level QB (last year's stupid #6 overall) any year and we do not need make the mistake of forcing the issue by taking a QB at #6 when there are absolutely no QBs in this year's draft worthy of that early of a draft pick. Trevor Lawrence type players are only found once in a great many years.

The team needs to be smart about this. The team is a virtual lock not to win wihout Rivers, so the team would be well served to pivot and shift its focus to the 2021 draft. As of this moment, trading draft assets and players for draft capital in the 2021 draft should be a serious consideration.

For once, I wish the team's front office would have the vision to see what needs to be done and do it instead of screwing up transaction after transaction and preventing the team from ever getting over the hump and winning the Super Bowl.
      No tanking. Period.

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

The end of an era. Doubt we ever see another QB like PR in the NFL. I wish him and his tribe well.
        sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I really hate when players leave a team they have played on and spend a year or two with a different team. It rarely works out well for either side and is just depressing to see some of your favorite players in another uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We won't have the first pick in the draft next season just like we don't have it this year. Getting Burrows this year or Lawrence next year is just not happening.
            We finished with the #6 overall pick with Rivers. You do not think we have a realistic chance to tank enough to get to #1 overall next year without Rivers?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

The way LAC just kissed Eric's ass,
              they better build Phil a statue at SoFi...Stan'll love it.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Sad to see it end this way. I would have bet any thing back in 2010 we would have ring by now. He really carried us thru two of the most terrible coaches in franchise history in Norv and McCoy. My favorite memories of Phillip are him playing on torn ACL in '07 AFC championship game in the cold. His comeback against 49ers in '14 and his great games against the Broncos and Jay Cutler.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I'm gonna miss #17. He's a great guy and he was the best QB this team ever had. The hand writing was on the wall though, we knew it was coming. I wonder if he would have left if the team was still in SD?

I wish him the very best. I wonder how good the Bears would be with Rivers? They are pretty solid in OL and on defense. Wherever he lands I hope he makes a fortune.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I disagree. As painful as it might be in 2020, we need to think about the long term. Trevor Lawrence is the only QB in the draft either this year or next year that gives us a competitive advantage over Mahomes for the majority of their careers. Lawrence is a better athlete with a better arm than Mahomes. While there are no guarantees, having Lawrence would help maximize the team's chances of beating Kansas City in the years ahead.

None of the QBs in this year's draft appear very likely to be elite franchise QB options. We can get a Daniel Jones level QB (last year's stupid #6 overall) any year and we do not need make the mistake of forcing the issue by taking a QB at #6 when there are absolutely no QBs in this year's draft worthy of that early of a draft pick. Trevor Lawrence type players are only found once in a great many years.

The team needs to be smart about this. The team is a virtual lock not to win wihout Rivers, so the team would be well served to pivot and shift its focus to the 2021 draft. As of this moment, trading draft assets and players for draft capital in the 2021 draft should be a serious consideration.

For once, I wish the team's front office would have the vision to see what needs to be done and do it instead of screwing up transaction after transaction and preventing the team from ever getting over the hump and winning the Super Bowl.
                    All aboard the Trevor Train. CHOO CHOO. mind scootching over so I can ride shotgun with ya?

I just hope Phil lands a starting job so we get a top Rd3 comp pick. the next Tuerk is out there somewhere ...
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Does this mean Rivers has been released so he can start interviewing for a new job today? or does he have to wait till march FA period?

Comment

• assman3000
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Cheers to you Rivers 17.

I had a blast watching you all these years. So fun to watch and support you. Cheers to you die hard Charger fans that endured all the bs over the years.

As for the Charger organization. Have fun losing for the next 50years you incompetent shit bags.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                          • Send PM

Quality Charger and quality man. Wish him the best in whatever he does. Next man up

Comment

Working...
                          X