• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex8080
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

if it's not tua, i prefer to sign/keep taylor or bridgewater/mariota type and draft a qb next year
    lawrence -fields - newman - costello - ehringer. especially like to see costello with leach

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I'm gonna miss #17. He's a great guy and he was the best QB this team ever had. The hand writing was on the wall though, we knew it was coming. I wonder if he would have left if the team was still in SD?

I wish him the very best. I wonder how good the Bears would be with Rivers? They are pretty solid in OL and on defense. Wherever he lands I hope he makes a fortune.
      This changes everything.
      You don't know ball

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Biggest thank-you and farewell to my favorite qb ever.
        good luck in all future endeavors (minus against the bolts).
        .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
        .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
        .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
        .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
        .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
        .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
        .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
        .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
        .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

sad face GIF
          I am going to miss cheering for Philip Rivers. He's an all-timer.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

grew to like the guy a bit more after being an Eli guy early on.... didn't care for his chirpiness against the likes of Cutler, but seemed to give way to a more Favre approach as could appreciate what others here called his gunslinging, as Felipe Rios seemed to appreciate more what it took to win, than being overly concerned w/his individual world.

and he didn't leave.... think he felt unwanted more than anything, and as AL was prolly the deciding factor.... dude is def the Doc Rivers of the NFL now.... will see how that unfolds/turns out.

def a year too soon.... (what coulda, woulda, shoulda been).

and agree.... no tag for HH, and a second round tender for Ekeler is best.

no interest in waiting around for Trevor, as we have no idea who the next Jeaux who is gonna be ??

personally am all in on Mariota, and will deal w/2021 when it gets here.

ps. was feelin' this yesterday as was the first time that I was thinkin' that Phil to Tampa was a real possibility/likelihood.
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
              I followed NFL 100% last few decades. Possibly down to 5% in 2020. 3% whomever Rivers plays for and 2% Chargers (0% if Brady).

My gut still tells me Rivers wanted out more than Chargers didn't want.
              This can be true, one can get tired of being in the wrong organization.

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

We will not win by getting worse at the QB position and Brady is a downgrade form Rivers.
                Not saying Brady is better, I just have my own conspiracy theory, phase one has been acomplished.

Comment

• bartman83642
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

This can be true, one can get tired of being in the wrong organization.
                  This is true...just look at Barry Sanders years ago.

In any case I hope Rivers can get a ring somewhere in the next year or two because I don't see this team getting one sadly enough. But hey, you never know.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

I disagree. As painful as it might be in 2020, we need to think about the long term. Trevor Lawrence is the only QB in the draft either this year or next year that gives us a competitive advantage over Mahomes for the majority of their careers. Lawrence is a better athlete with a better arm than Mahomes. While there are no guarantees, having Lawrence would help maximize the team's chances of beating Kansas City in the years ahead.

None of the QBs in this year's draft appear very likely to be elite franchise QB options. We can get a Daniel Jones level QB (last year's stupid #6 overall) any year and we do not need make the mistake of forcing the issue by taking a QB at #6 when there are absolutely no QBs in this year's draft worthy of that early of a draft pick. Trevor Lawrence type players are only found once in a great many years.

The team needs to be smart about this. The team is a virtual lock not to win wihout Rivers, so the team would be well served to pivot and shift its focus to the 2021 draft. As of this moment, trading draft assets and players for draft capital in the 2021 draft should be a serious consideration.

For once, I wish the team's front office would have the vision to see what needs to be done and do it instead of screwing up transaction after transaction and preventing the team from ever getting over the hump and winning the Super Bowl.
                    Sorry, but you could not be more wrong....for multiple reasons....

For one, IF lawrence were truly that great, he would have beaten Burrow in the championship game, or he would have at least looked good as a passer in that game and the previous bowl game, but he did not look good as a passer in either game.....

Lawrence is a big physical RUNNING RPO QB with some passing skills...... he lacks touch and accuracy when actually forced to throw the ball....... Lawrence and Hebert are very close physically..... with rocket arms..... but both throw almost entirely bullet passes and rarely show touch accuracy......

Burrow is a way way better QB than Lawrence..... in almost every way except for power running...... leadership, decision making, and accuracy are what are important in an elite QB......Burrow had the greatest season any QB in history has ever had and he did it against the best defenses in college football........ and in biggest games..... he threw 7 TD passes in first half against a team that will have multiple first round defenders drafted...... if you have hear him interviewed, he is confident but very smart, he says he wins games during the week with study and preparation......he is a complete cant miss franchise QB......

If Lawrence was better then Burrow, he would have come out this year...... and since he will be coming out next year, he will likely go number one overall.......most likely Chargers will finish around .500 next year...... which will mean we will be picking in the late teens or early 20's........ if we dont draft a QB at 6 or higher this year, we likely ben going all in on OL and defense and running game...... which will put us in that 7-9 to 8-8 record area....... we would have to have there worst record in NFL to get Lawrence, and he will be in high demand because there are no other options like there are this year...

Burrow is the clear number one this year and Tua is also a franchise type QB in terms of accuracy and play making ability...... Hebert is comparable to
                    Allen of buffalo but Hebert is far more accurate....... all 3 of those QB's, are better than Jones who was a huge reach last year......

Chargers are lucky to be at number 6 so we are close enough to new able to possibly trade up top number one or 2 or 3 too get the QB we want.... next year we will be too far away.......

Chargers have picks and some players we can trade....... if Chargers are not willing to pay Bosa big money he could be part of the deal..... if they are then Ingram, and others could be part of the deal.........

Chargers currently do NOT have a franchise QB own the roster so we have zero choice but to draft one........ if this team were great at all positions except QB then throwing money at Brady might be the answer to get a SB championship........ but sadly this team is far off and rebuilding..... and the rebuild starts with finding the right QB....... then you build pieces that support that QB and his skills/style..... That is how you build a team........

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                      Quality Charger and quality man. Wish him the best in whatever he does. Next man up
                      agree...... 110%....... will miss him and wish him the best!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I disagree. As painful as it might be in 2020, we need to think about the long term. Trevor Lawrence is the only QB in the draft either this year or next year that gives us a competitive advantage over Mahomes for the majority of their careers. Lawrence is a better athlete with a better arm than Mahomes. While there are no guarantees, having Lawrence would help maximize the team's chances of beating Kansas City in the years ahead.

None of the QBs in this year's draft appear very likely to be elite franchise QB options. We can get a Daniel Jones level QB (last year's stupid #6 overall) any year and we do not need make the mistake of forcing the issue by taking a QB at #6 when there are absolutely no QBs in this year's draft worthy of that early of a draft pick. Trevor Lawrence type players are only found once in a great many years.

The team needs to be smart about this. The team is a virtual lock not to win wihout Rivers, so the team would be well served to pivot and shift its focus to the 2021 draft. As of this moment, trading draft assets and players for draft capital in the 2021 draft should be a serious consideration.

For once, I wish the team's front office would have the vision to see what needs to be done and do it instead of screwing up transaction after transaction and preventing the team from ever getting over the hump and winning the Super Bowl.
                        I like Lawrence but just don't know about that.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-10-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Charge!!!! you woulda never ever considered drafting Jeaux a year ago in the draft.... how can you be so sure that next year's draft is TL or bust ??

there was Joe this year, and for myself there was Stidham the year before.... 2021 is gonna have its own intrigue and surprise, and quite possibly @QB (again).
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍