• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

man o man.... really think you've just got to play w/the cards you're dealt, and.... really don't think there is a Chargers QB there for us ??

it's too darn perfect/easy.... @6 we are in OT country, and year in and year out we fail to nab one.... this is the glass slipper/golden opportunity knockin'

and then w/Cam.... just seems like such a natural/easy, ready made fit.... then an RB, and then Tom can surprise us in rounds 3 & 5.... (fingers crossed)
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Much more informative than highlight films:

QB’s with average physical talent but have “it” mentally, which makes them consistently elite and why they will be great NFL QB’s:
      (these 2 did this playing against the very best defenses in college football)

Tua:
      This week’s film breakdown analyzes Miami Dolphins Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa from the University of Alabama. Tua possesses an advanced understanding of the ...

Burrow:
      Thanks to Full Sail University for sponsoring this video. To learn more about Full Sail University’s degrees in sports, go to http://fullsail.edu/AlexRollins...

OR...?

QB’s with great physical talent but are missing “it” mentally, which means they are consistently not elite and won’t be great NFL QB’s:
      (they did this playing against average/weak competition)

Love:
      (most likely a bust...even his seemingly great plays were result of bad decisions and just great athleticism)
      Thanks to Squarespace for sponsoring this video. Go to Squarespace.com for a free trial and when you’re ready to launch, go to http://squarespace.com/rollins...

Hebert:
      (Bust written all over him....been the same for 4 years so he is not changing)
      This week’s film breakdown analyzes Los Angeles Chargers' Quarterback Justin Herbert from the University of Oregon. Herbert was taken 6th overall in the NFL ...

If I were GM of Chargers I would do anything I can to acquire Burrow or Tua..... especially Tua who would be a perfect fit for they type of team that Chargers are trying to build.

If Teams refuse to trade or if CIN and WASH grab both of them or we get outbid, then so be it, then we have to forget about QB because there are zero great ones left and we instead should draft BPA..... such as Simmons, Brown, Okudah, or the best OT..... please don't waste a first round pick on a bust like Hebert or love..... Those kind of busts mean organization will wait 4+ years to realize they are busts so we can start looking for a great QB again..... by then the rest of team will also need a rebuild.....

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

QB’s with average physical talent but have “it” mentally, which makes them consistently elite and why they will be great NFL QB’s:

Tua:
        This week’s film breakdown analyzes Miami Dolphins Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa from the University of Alabama. Tua possesses an advanced understanding of the ...

Burrow:
        Thanks to Full Sail University for sponsoring this video. To learn more about Full Sail University’s degrees in sports, go to http://fullsail.edu/AlexRollins...

OR...?

QB’s with great physical talent but are missing “it” mentally, which means they are consistently not elite and won’t be great NFL QB’s:

Love:
        (most likely a bust...even his seemingly great plays were result of bad decisions and just great athleticism)
        Thanks to Squarespace for sponsoring this video. Go to Squarespace.com for a free trial and when you’re ready to launch, go to http://squarespace.com/rollins...

Hebert:
        This week’s film breakdown analyzes Los Angeles Chargers' Quarterback Justin Herbert from the University of Oregon. Herbert was taken 6th overall in the NFL ...

If I were GM of Chargers I would do anything I can to acquire Burrow or Tua..... especially Tua who would be a perfect fit for they type of team that Chargers are trying to build.

If Teams refuse to trade or if CIN and WASH grab both of them or we get outbid, then so be it, then we have to forget about QB because there are zero great ones left and we instead should draft BPA..... such as Simmons, Brown, Okudah, or the best OT..... please don't waste a first round pick on a bust like Hebert or love..... Those kind of busts mean organization will wait 4+ years to realize they are busts so we can start looking for a great QB again..... by then the rest of team will also need a rebuild.....
        Burro and Tua just as big a bust risk as Love and Herbert. Eason and Fromm as likely to be on an NFL roster 7 years from now than any of those 4. They all have to make a huge leap at next level. Ability to process a ton of information quickly and make coaching changes to their bad tendencies will help. Athleticism only gets you so far and once upon a time ago RGIII had the ”IT” factor. QB is so hard to pick it’s why so many teams whif

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          man o man.... really think you've just got to play w/the cards you're dealt, and.... really don't think there is a Chargers QB there for us ??

it's too darn perfect/easy.... @6 we are in OT country, and year in and year out we fail to nab one.... this is the glass slipper/golden opportunity knockin'

and then w/Cam.... just seems like such a natural/easy, ready made fit.... then an RB, and then Tom can surprise us in rounds 3 & 5.... (fingers crossed)
          interesting that you hate all the QB's in this draft, especially the 2 elite ones, which would indicate you have even higher standards than I or most people do, yet you love Cam???, who has years of NFL proof that he is consistently inaccurate QB, bad decision maker, and more of a runner than QB, and who loves himself more than anyone?????

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Outside of Burrow I don’t have a warm feeling about any QB at 6. One of Eason, Fromm or Hurts will likely be a starter at next level and 2 are probably in range for our 2nd pick. If we nabbed any of those 3 and Simmons I would be ecstatic.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The only good scenario for taking an olineman at 6 is if the guy that calls pick into commish changes TT’s choice to the next available OL guy. I just have NO faith in Telesco choosing an OL....none

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                They could add Morgan, maybe Gordon as a late round pick. Could see it.
                I read this when looking at an analysis of Morgan and it just cracked me up:

Throws short passes as hard as any quarterback ever

Comment

• boldarblood
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                  The only good scenario for taking an olineman at 6 is if the guy that calls pick into commish changes TT’s choice to the next available OL guy. I just have NO faith in Telesco choosing an OL....none
                  See I have a new feeling with OL picking, especially if new OL Coach Campen is involved, He is a much better OL coach than we have had in awhile.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

See I have a new feeling with OL picking, especially if new OL Coach Campen is involved, He is a much better OL coach than we have had in awhile.
                    Cool, he can be the guy that changes the pick on call to commish

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Tua:

Burrow:

OR...?

Love:

Hebert:

Charge!
                      ”you’re a pushy little bastard aren’t you!? But I like that, I like that”
                      — sensei Kreese

Jokes aside, we’re on the same page ....
                      franchise qb, great coverage in the secondary

its up to us to lead the Tua era of Chargers football!

sometimes, it’s just not that complicated.
                      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I read this when looking at an analysis of Morgan and it just cracked me up:
                        Yup, that’s why late round pick, needs time to develop.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

interesting that you hate all the QB's in this draft, especially the 2 elite ones, which would indicate you have even higher standards than I or most people do, yet you love Cam???, who has years of NFL proof that he is consistently inaccurate QB, bad decision maker, and more of a runner than QB, and who loves himself more than anyone?????
                          what's so hard 'bout peace, love and understanding....

yeah, I like Cam, and.... not crowning him the surgeon general @QB, not saying he doesn't make poor decisions @times, and of course he is a hellah runner when healthy, which hasn't been of late, and.... if we go linemen/RB early, think we're gonna be better off than taking one of the QBs in this draft, and as def don't want to be in the position for if and when Taylor misses time and we're looking @Stick as plan B.... doesn't work for me whatsoever.... much prefer Cam in that situation, and love the intangibles he brings to the table, field and locker room.

and hate all the QBs.... really ?? yes am hellah wary of Tua, do think Burrow, Fromm and possibly Eason and the one of Morgan/Gordon might be something down the line, and do think the risk outweighs the hoped for reward/payoff on Love, Hurts and Herbert.... am not into/tired of busting/lamenting picks that don't pan out.... would rather error on the side of caution, unless I have that "feeling" 'bout someone, and this year eye don't.... (ask me 'bout last year tho

and don't have any standards for these guys, other than have to feel good 'bout drafting them as Chargers, and not feelin' it w/the any of 'em atm.

and personally don't get your logic, as back in the summer of '018, there were only two QBs on most peoples radar going into the college season.... Herbert and Stidham.

last summer there was (again) no Burro to ride, @least relatively speaking, and so I find it ironic that you are half arguing against yourself when you say there are no elite prospects in years to come, let alone a HoF QB (speaking of standards), when you know darn well that the Burro came outta nowhere, and there is darn likely to be @least one, if not a coupla few surprises, next year and most every year to follow.... there are always prospects to get excited about, and which includes QB as well, and most every year in and year out.
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X