• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The other factor to consider is how Easton learned, studied/absorbed the playbook, prepared, practiced, corrected deficiencies, improved weaknesses & strengths, and how the coaching staff/organization think of his ability to perform & to lead the team to a championship. They certainly seemed exceptionally impressed with his intangibles, mental makeup, character, and his on field play.
    Is Stick our future leader at QB? No idea. I have big questions about his arm strength but that is it.
    Popper reported several times during the year when asked about Stick getting any live game reps this year that the coaching staff felt he was not close to being ready to play in a game, which really leaves me scratching my head about him. Not even ready to run a few simple plays in a series or two? Makes me wonder how fast he was picking things up - not very fast, if what Popper reports is correct. He also said a couple of times that they were looking at him more as a solid backup rather than a starter.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Popper reported several times during the year when asked about Stick getting any live game reps this year that the coaching staff felt he was not close to being ready to play in a game, which really leaves me scratching my head about him. Not even ready to run a few simple plays in a series or two? Makes me wonder how fast he was picking things up - not very fast, if what Popper reports is correct. He also said a couple of times that they were looking at him more as a solid backup rather than a starter.
      Yeah, I'll believe improvement on a stellar level when I see it. I mean I'm sure he will improve but to rely on him being able to make the jump to franchise QB is stupid.
      picking 6th if they don't go after a QB now and relying on Tyrod and Stick.....someone has to be fired if things go further south.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

As of now, I like our internal options.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

We repeatedly read on this board that Rivers has not won the division in 10 years.

Not the team or the coaching, just Rivers.

The poster that says this is saying Rivers is solely to blame for us not winning the division for 10 years.

Do you not see these posts ?
          Amazing.
          Semantics.
          Wow.
          I’ve wasted a lot of time.
          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah, I'll believe improvement on a stellar level when I see it. I mean I'm sure he will improve but to rely on him being able to make the jump to franchise QB is stupid.
            picking 6th if they don't go after a QB now and relying on Tyrod and Stick.....someone has to be fired if things go further south.
            This!

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

When a GM says in February that they are happy with internal options he really means we want to get one of the top guys but if we don’t we will roll with Tyrod. I’d say about a 33.3% chance Taylor starts this year. Gut feeling is TT wants to juice up for either Burrows or Tua

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                When a GM says in February that they are happy with internal options he really means we want to get one of the top guys but if we don’t we will roll with Tyrod. I’d say about a 33.3% chance Taylor starts this year. Gut feeling is TT wants to juice up for either Burrows or Tua
                Agree... even if they acquire Tua or Burrow, they will likely say that Taylor is starter at beginning of season...... better to start the vet and later replace him than to start a rookie and bench the rookie.....

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree... even if they acquire Tua or Burrow, they will likely say that Taylor is starter at beginning of season...... better to start the vet and later replace him than to start a rookie and bench the rookie.....
                  Just like Browns with Mayfield and Tyrod

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

PFF has a new article on Tyrod Taylor. It's premium.

The Chargers have a solid starting option on their roster next season for just $7.5 million.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...k-tyrod-taylor

This is the polarizing T-Mobile debate that started in Buffalo will continue in LA. Reminds me of the Flutie Flakes that infested the Charger NFL Forum many years ago.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

PFF has a new article on Tyrod Taylor. It's premium.

The Chargers have a solid starting option on their roster next season for just $7.5 million.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...k-tyrod-taylor

This is the polarizing T-Mobile debate that started in Buffalo will continue in LA. Reminds me of the Flutie Flakes that infested the Charger NFL Forum many years ago.
                      first to the quote above from Popper about Stick - not sure what Telesco was thinking. Pipkins and Stick were two developmental guys - coming off a 12 win season, not sure about those picks

As for Taylor - he needs an upgraded OL. If Lynn and Telesco want Tyrod to succeed, get an OL. If they want him to take a pounding so the rookie can learn awhile, well I guess Tyrod will be up for that since he has done it in Buffalo and Cleveland.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Or you can adjust your play calling to make it easy on the rookie and let them learn without sitting. If you invest that high of a pick they better be sitting behind a real starter.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Tijuana
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Or you can adjust your play calling to make it easy on the rookie and let them learn without sitting. If you invest that high of a pick they better be sitting behind a real starter.
                          Yeah, because most teams that draft a QB high in the first round have a "real starter" already. Draft Herbert in the first round or Eason/Love in the second and let them sit for at least half a season

Comment

Working...
                          X