• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Timid Tyrod doesn't throw picks because he refuses to pass the ball if his primary receiver isn't wide open. For all the mobility he has and Rivers lacks, Taylor has been sacked almost twice as often as Rivers has in his career - think about that. You may be fine punting and playing field position, but Taylor is a 30 year old on his 4th team and has been benched multiple times for rookies (including Natham Peterman and his 5 interceptions in one half). Clearly 20 interceptions by Rivers is too much, but you are also talking about a guy who has passed for 20 TD passes in a year once ever. The ceiling for Taylor is about a .500 team. Obviously that is better than the 5-11 we were last year, but there is just zero reason to waste a year on him, unless we have a rookie QB sitting behind him who isn't ready to play.
    It took me a while to really figure out the Chargers were going to go with the path of least resistance at the QB position. I have made peace with that. This is NOT a debate about T-Mobile's skill-set. I am arguing this is the path of least resistance and the Spanos Family are choosing that path.

And by God, when you commit to a path. Commit to it. 100%.

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Rivers threw 20 interceptions in 2019. Previous career high was 12.

Most picks T-Mobile Taylor ever threw in a season was 6.

I know Taylor is limited, I've watched him play in Balt., Buffalo, and Cleveland. The difference is, he never had an offense designed to suit T-Mobile's strengths and I believe Shane Steichen is going to install just that. I'd rather punt and play field position and not deal with bone-headed throws by my QB. I know Coach Lynn feels the same way.
      Taylor was so bad in Cleveland that he got benched for Baker mayfield.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Taylor was so bad in Cleveland that he got benched for Baker mayfield.
        The #1 overall pick was started? Color me shocked. Do you know what was bad in Cleveland? Everything.

It's about coaching, dude. You've got to trust Anthony Lynn/Shane Steichen will design an offense around Taylor's skill-set, not the other way around.
        We now have a mobile QB. I would like to see an offense predicated on getting the ball out of his hands quickly, to his playmakers, similar offensive philosophy to Matt Nagy's offense in Chicago.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Not a big fan of the Tyrod option...but if it happens, at least we will get questions answered about this team, without having Rivers to use as a scapegoat. And if Tyrod, playing with the most talent around him he has ever had, with a coach who is all in on him, is successful? Great. If not....there are QBs in the draft every year...

If we need a QB next year, it doesn't have to be TLaw, any more than it would have to be Burrows this year....so if we are picking in the middle, it won't be the end of the world necessarily. There will be other prospects...Fields from Ohio st is an obvious one...but if guys like Ehlinger from Texas, and Trask from Florida step their game up...they are promising prospects....I am also looking forward to watching what Jamie Newman can do with more talent around him at Georgia, and if he, too, can step up his game.

Like I said, not the way I would go....but anything is better than Brady, Cam, or drafting Love. I can live with pretty much anything else, and at worst call it a transition season.
          Its going to be telling to see all these people who put the blame on Rivers alone for this teams failures in 2019, staggering around not comprehending that this is a team game and it is rarely one guys fault.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Its going to be telling to see all these people who put the blame on Rivers alone for this teams failures in 2019, staggering around not comprehending that this is a team game and it is rarely one guys fault.
            I'm willing to bet that at 2020 season's end, The Chargers w/ T-Mobile at QB is within one win of any team Philip signs with.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

April is Liar's Month. Not in February and not to mention when you drafted a QB last year.
              Every month is Liar’s Month.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Every month is Liar’s Month.
                Bill Belichick? Is that you?

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I'm willing to bet that at 2020 season's end, The Chargers w/ T-Mobile at QB is within one win of any team Philip signs with.
                  if we stay w/our "internal options," will be mightily surprised if we win more than the five we did last season.

if Tyrod starts we may be competitive, albeit if we stick w/wu's modern football plan, along w/retaining the likes of Okung and Pouncey, and without hedging those bets.... the results will not differ, and Phil's absence will be strongly felt.

if Stick is forced to start, guessing it will approach an unmitigated disaster.

and looking over Tampa's roster, 'tis fairly similar to the one Phil had here.... plenty of pass catching talent, an avg Oline, and a lot of early draft picks littering the starting lineups.

guessin' Tampa could squeak into the playoffs behind Arians 'n Phil w/maybe nine or so wins, and of which would obviously be close to double what the Chargers muster w/Tmobile.
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

what’s telling is your name “Fouts fan”
                    I bet you’re a bigger fouts fan than Charger fan
                    now it’s playing out with Rivers
                    not one single post here has ever suggested that Rivers alone was to blame or failed to acknowledge that this is a team game, yet you continue your narrative ad naseam
                    but you’re right
                    it WILL be telling
                    because there will be posters like you criticizing everything our 2020 qb will do while continuing to make excuses for Rivers in Indianapolis
                    You won’t be the only closet Charger-hater rooting against my team so I better get used to it

yes, MY team
                    your player, my TEAM
                    .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                    .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                    .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                    .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                    .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                    .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                    .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                    .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                    .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Wish Telesco wasn't so vague about this. Everybody and their uncle knows were going QB. I hope Telesco isn't dumb to lay his career on the line for Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                        This is likely a smokescreen.

That, or he doesn't know what he's doing.
                        This!!!......

Remember when we were drafting at pick 3 and TT had Bosa as number one player in country 2 years in a row and knew all along if Bosa was there he would take him yet he never talked about Bosa or ever game any hint of interest which is part of why so many incorrectly thought Chargers would choose Ramsey......

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I see no way this team wins 10 game with Taylor or Stick as our starting QBs. And we won't be bad enough to get Lawrence either so if we pass on a QB this year, we are really rolling the dice about what QB will be available on the fringe of a top 10 pick.
                          Ryan Tannehill had never won more than 8 games in a season. Yet, he came within 1 quarter of beating the SB champion Chiefs. How did that happen...?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍