• 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Arm talent is making a comeback
    kinda like fast wide receivers
    edit: next it’ll be big Defensive Tackles!
    Al Davis would have loved 2020
    RIP
    .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
    .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
    .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
    .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
    .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
    .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
    .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
    .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
    .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
      Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
      • Jun 2013
      • Palm Springs
      • I know nothing
      • Send PM

8. Jordan Love

Popper’s Odds: +1400

Love, out of Utah State, is an intriguing prospect. And perhaps the Chargers could land him early in the second round. But he’s a project. This from The Athletic draft expert Dane Brugler: “Love is still raw as a passer and his inconsistent decision-making is a concern, but he has immense, high-ceiling talent that is ready to be cultivated.”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
        8. Jordan Love

Popper’s Odds: +1400

Love, out of Utah State, is an intriguing prospect. And perhaps the Chargers could land him early in the second round. But he’s a project. This from The Athletic draft expert Dane Brugler: “Love is still raw as a passer and his inconsistent decision-making is a concern, but he has immense, high-ceiling talent that is ready to be cultivated.”
        Is he a T. Brady ? a P. Mahomes ? or a D. Jones ?

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
          Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
          • Jun 2013
          • Palm Springs
          • I know nothing
          • Send PM

I refuse to watch Giants games so I don't know about Jones but he sure runs better than Brady. I think maybe a much taller Russ Wilson.

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

just watched OPs video and quite a few of the early throws he had terrible footwork and was all arm. but those rainbows were nice. got some good mobility as well. dunno much about college ball so will leave it up to you pros.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Love Hurts. My first round QB and second round QB. Love will not last till round two, neither will Hurts last till three. QBs go early. Don’t know what the Bolts will do, I like Love with a QB coach for season...who is ours again?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Love Hurts. My first round QB and second round QB. Love will not last till round two, neither will Hurts last till three. QBs go early. Don’t know what the Bolts will do, I like Love with a QB coach for season...who is ours again?
                Maybe the Bolts bring in Norv to tutor Love...(and I'm not really a big Norv fan)...after all, Stitch and Norv are pretty tight buds, so it would not surprise me at all...

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe the Bolts bring in Norv to tutor Love...(and I'm not really a big Norv fan)...after all, Stitch and Norv are pretty tight buds, so it would not surprise me at all...
                  Norv has had his most success not as a HC, but as a QB whisperer. I would hate it but also appreciate what it could mean for Love’s career.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Love does some things well.

He has a big arm, but he doesn't throw a ton of rocket balls, which is a good thing. Knows to put air under passes, to allow his receivers to adjust. The downside is that he doesn't seem to know when to throw hard, and when to put more air under the pass. Has a lot of throws on stop routes where the WR is wide open, and the ball just drifts in. Then he throws a lot of seam routes where a higher trajectory would be OK, and he throws lasers. His soft throws seem to set up his receivers to get hit, and lets DB who are burned get back into the action at times.

Not very accurate. He completes a lot of short passes where the receiver gets spun around and then has no chance for YAC. Could only find a couple of passes where he seemed to throw his receiver open, and all of those are outs. Throws the ball in traffic and just seems to hope for the best. His release point seems to change a lot. Has a 3/4 arm motion sometimes, then a nice full overhead at other times. Really inaccurate on short throws. When he does complete them, will spin the receiver around, or make him adjust and leaves a lot of yards on the field. Struggles vs zone defenses that take away the downfield throws and make him throw into soft spots.

I am not sure he really makes very good reads. I think he makes a lot of his decision pre-snap and then just tries to make the best of it. A lot of his zone reads where he keeps it, he ends up going against 2 and 3 defenders. An awful lot of his outside throws are him putting up an outside or seam pass vs tight coverage and a lot of double coverage and the WR makes the play anyway, but there are some easier throws out there. Good runner with speed, vision, quickness and some power. Would be a really good zone read/RPO type of guy if he made better reads.

Has a long, slow release, which gives defenders a chance to break on his passes. Wind up motion, that leaves the ball away from his body. Very easy to strip and will be vulnerable to strip sacks when playing in the pocket.

Throws to a lot of very open receivers who are quicker and faster than the DB they are playing against. Doesn't face much of a rush, and doesn't handle blitzing and stronger pass rush.

He is an interesting prospect if you were going to take your time with him, teach him footwork, and work on his throwing motion. The big thing is I am not sure how much guys who make bad reads can be coached out of it. Some of it is he gets away with a lot of throws in college, where he just throws long, lets the WR run under it, and the fact that he made the wrong read, and maybe didn't throw a great pass he will get away with. But vs an NFL D that is waiting for those throws, and sits back behind a 4 man rush waiting for bad throws, you have to wonder if he can overcome that. I am just not sure guys who don't read defenses well can be coached out of it. Players who don't make reads can be taught to read defenses, but players who simply ignore their reads and make bad decisions seem to continue to make bad decisions their entire careers.

He might be a decent middle round developmental pick, but he is probably going to go high-ish. I don't think he is for us.

If we could afford to sit him for a year or two behind an established vet, and work on his throwing motion and short range accuracy, teach him to read defenses and have confidence in his reads, then he might work out.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Norv has had his most success not as a HC, but as a QB whisperer. I would hate it but also appreciate what it could mean for Love’s career.
                      I have gotten the sense that Norv is not really into that anymore. When he left and went to Cleveland, he pretty much said it was the right job at the time because it let him run his offense with coaches he could train his way. In Minnesota, he had a similar arrangement with Zimmer, but left unexpectedly when Zimmer wanted to change things midseason.

I agree, if he was willing to fit the role of "QB whisperer", but I don't see Norv as being that kind of guy unless we were willing to give him a lot more control over the rest of the O than I would want to.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Love reminds me of Deshon Kizer. No thanks.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Tyrod is ready to go.
                          Don't undervalue Stick having a year of PR in the QB room !

KA, HH and even MW are Rivers types.
                          We need to get Tyrod one more weapon,
                          to go with the above, plus Tyrod friendly EK and Gordon.

I see Hunter Bryant, maybe available at #71, as a great fit. He is called a TE, but is no inline blocker. There is plenty of route/reading of coverage sophistication and athleticism. Bryant can easily beat LBs deep. This would keep Safeties busy and create space + single coverage for KA, HH and MW.

I project Bryant to be able to line up in the Slot. He can develop into a blocker out in space. We expect our receivers to do that.

Finally, here's the money shot. Hunter Bryant IMV can run some jet sweeps for us, ala Deebo. Here's our Wingman, WINGBACK, if you will.

#bangforbuck.
                          You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞