Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

This is an important thing to point out. Weedle was whining about not being able to watch his kid in the halftime show. Well, sorry, Eric, but you're on the clock with a job to do. Imagine how that halftime meeting went:

COACH: Okay, we're going to make some adjustments here at halftime. Now, on defense, in our secondary, we're going to change it up from a mostly cover 2 to a base cover 4...so that will mean that our free safety will have to...uh, Weddle...where'd Weddle go?
    PLAYER: Don't know, coach...
    PLAYER 2: He said something about his kid in the halftime show.
    ASST. COACH: I saw him walking back down the tunnel.
    COACH: Oh, well, that's GREAT!

I’m sure his kid’s performance wasn’t recorded on like 10 different devices where Weedle can see it after the game on 20 other decisions.
    Family and business....
    haha
    .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
    .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
    .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
    .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
    .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
    .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
    .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
    .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
    .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Maybe if we get new owners Weddle would feel better about the Chargers. Who wouldn't?

Can't happen soon enough.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

This is an important thing to point out. Weedle was whining about not being able to watch his kid in the halftime show. Well, sorry, Eric, but you're on the clock with a job to do. Imagine how that halftime meeting went:

COACH: Okay, we're going to make some adjustments here at halftime. Now, on defense, in our secondary, we're going to change it up from a mostly cover 2 to a base cover 4...so that will mean that our free safety will have to...uh, Weddle...where'd Weddle go?
        PLAYER: Don't know, coach...
        PLAYER 2: He said something about his kid in the halftime show.
        ASST. COACH: I saw him walking back down the tunnel.
        COACH: Oh, well, that's GREAT!
        Mike Scifries kid was in the same show and he asked for, and was given permission by the coaching staff, to skip the halftime meetings and watch the show. While safety is a much different position than punter, I'm sure he would have been given permission as well - he just never even asked and blew the coaching staff off. I believe he was fined $10k for it as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

And im sure Weddle knew all the coverages and schemes. He was here 9 damn years. Its unfortunate but it is what it is. Our FO and owners always seems to piss off our good players. Bosa will be next.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            I will say it again.
            Eric, you are a twat.
            A smelly twat.
            I said it on the UT San Diego Forum Thread and will make my point about "Weddsy" here:

The same free agent year he signed his $40m/5 years with the Chargers; Quinton Mikell signed a $28m/4yr deal with the St Louis Rams. Mikell was cut after two years and my guess - probably 10-14m of cash - went , "poof"! Weddle got all 40m of his contract

Now when it came time to ask for an extension the summer before his 5th year - I didn't have a problem with it. Why not see if you can get a little more jack up front - had no problem with him asking. The Chargers said "No." Also their right

I know the Spanii are pretty much a PR nightmare. They really are not gifted in many ways from a business perspective. And boy howdy, the Spanii have screwed up a lot But Weddle just needs to get over it too.

Why didn't Weddle bash the Ravens for releasing him with one year on his deal for like 7-9m?
            The Ravens just released Tony Jefferson - 12m of cap saved - poof!

To me, Weddle is kind of a hypocrite now. The Chargers did right by Rivers. Well save the move to LA. This happens in the NFL. ITs not always pretty. But hey Weddsy - if you want to go sign a lame a** one day contract in Baltimore, party on dude! Party the hell on!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Weddle was a little bitch. He got paid full value and then some. Overpaid imo. he became a complete ahole when they didn’t renegotiate after yr4 of the 5 yr deal. He had one INT that year. Then he had zero INTs his last yr, confirming the Chargers were smart. Most of us could already see he was losing a step and losing his zeal for direct contact. He wasn’t that good in BAL, he just happened to play on a top defense. He was exposed in LAR as done.

IDGAF if he retires a raven, personally. He can retire a Utah Ute for all I care. I still remember his epic game against SDSU Aztecs, still the best game of his life.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I said it on the UT San Diego Forum Thread and will make my point about "Weddsy" here:

The same free agent year he signed his $40m/5 years with the Chargers; Quinton Mikell signed a $28m/4yr deal with the St Louis Rams. Mikell was cut after two years and my guess - probably 10-14m of cash - went , "poof"! Weddle got all 40m of his contract

Now when it came time to ask for an extension the summer before his 5th year - I didn't have a problem with it. Why not see if you can get a little more jack up front - had no problem with him asking. The Chargers said "No." Also their right

I know the Spanii are pretty much a PR nightmare. They really are not gifted in many ways from a business perspective. And boy howdy, the Spanii have screwed up a lot But Weddle just needs to get over it too.

Why didn't Weddle bash the Ravens for releasing him with one year on his deal for like 7-9m?
                The Ravens just released Tony Jefferson - 12m of cap saved - poof!

To me, Weddle is kind of a hypocrite now. The Chargers did right by Rivers. Well save the move to LA. This happens in the NFL. ITs not always pretty. But hey Weddsy - if you want to go sign a lame a** one day contract in Baltimore, party on dude! Party the hell on!
                Yeah, Chargers did not do right by Rivers. They gave him garbage teams from 2010 - 2016. Screwed playoffs over our kicking fiasco in 2017. Never given him good coach. Never made any big FA signings to fix holes, and instead signed guys like Sanders, Spikes, and Thomas Davis. Now he finally has more offensive weapons than he’s ever had & a defense that he hasn’t had since 07, and they’re like “peace out”

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Shocking that a malcontent who forced his way off the team remains a douchebag.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Mike Scifries kid was in the same show and he asked for, and was given permission by the coaching staff, to skip the halftime meetings and watch the show. While safety is a much different position than punter, I'm sure he would have been given permission as well - he just never even asked and blew the coaching staff off. I believe he was fined $10k for it as well.
                    Wow, didn't know that about Scifries. Well, that's the difference between a normal player and a head case diva...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post

Yeah, Chargers did not do right by Rivers. They gave him garbage teams from 2010 - 2016. Screwed playoffs over our kicking fiasco in 2017. Never given him good coach. Never made any big FA signings to fix holes, and instead signed guys like Sanders, Spikes, and Thomas Davis. Now he finally has more offensive weapons than he’s ever had & a defense that he hasn’t had since 07, and they’re like “peace out”
                      Thats a fair point! They did right by him from a paycheck perspective. But you are right, between Norv, McCoy, terrible OLs - they did not do right by him

Good point!!

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Weddle should've let bygones be bygones. I mean he wanted more money and got it elsewhere right?...right?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                          Weddle should've let bygones be bygones. I mean he wanted more money and got it elsewhere right?...right?
                          Yes, and he forgets the Chargers made him the highest paid safety in NFL history at the time, a deal that a lot of people thought was too much money for him.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍