• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I said it on the UT San Diego Forum Thread and will make my point about "Weddsy" here:

The same free agent year he signed his $40m/5 years with the Chargers; Quinton Mikell signed a $28m/4yr deal with the St Louis Rams. Mikell was cut after two years and my guess - probably 10-14m of cash - went , "poof"! Weddle got all 40m of his contract

Now when it came time to ask for an extension the summer before his 5th year - I didn't have a problem with it. Why not see if you can get a little more jack up front - had no problem with him asking. The Chargers said "No." Also their right

I know the Spanii are pretty much a PR nightmare. They really are not gifted in many ways from a business perspective. And boy howdy, the Spanii have screwed up a lot But Weddle just needs to get over it too.

Why didn't Weddle bash the Ravens for releasing him with one year on his deal for like 7-9m?
    The Ravens just released Tony Jefferson - 12m of cap saved - poof!

To me, Weddle is kind of a hypocrite now. The Chargers did right by Rivers. Well save the move to LA. This happens in the NFL. ITs not always pretty. But hey Weddsy - if you want to go sign a lame a** one day contract in Baltimore, party on dude! Party the hell on!
    Weddle loved playing for the ravens - he loved the team culture. That this is lacking in the chargers big time should not surprise anyone.
    Just look at the grudge the creepy Dean Spanos bore towards Rivers for not 'properly' promoting the team in LA.

Talk about butt hurt, and that towards a Charger legend and exemplary person.

When Weddle started playing like Quinton Mikell his last year here it was adios

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Weddle loved playing for the ravens - he loved the team culture. That this is lacking in the chargers big time should not surprise anyone.
      Just look at the grudge the creepy Dean Spanos bore towards Rivers for not 'properly' promoting the team in LA.

Talk about butt hurt, and that towards a Charger legend and exemplary person.

When Weddle started playing like Quinton Mikell his last year here it was adios
      Grudge against Phil? Did I miss something? Dean certainly seems inept but why creepy?
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Grudge against Phil? Did I miss something? Dean certainly seems inept but why creepy?
        There were reports that the team wished Rivers would have embraced LA more, but that is hardly Dean holding a grudge against Rivers and certainly nothing creepy.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

His delta tau chi pledge name would be Flounder.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

His delta tau chi pledge name would be Flounder.
            Mothball?
            Romberg when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

Working...
            X