POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    I have resigned myself to not being surprised if we draft Tua. I could even rationalize that he is too good to pass on if he is there when we pick. What I absolutely cannot get on board with is trading up to 2 or 3 to do so, and giving up the draft capital that will be required to do it. We have too many other needs.
    I think if they like him, they try to trade up...it's what I would do, if I thought the guy was gonna be our francise QB, and really believe his injury woes were just bad luck...but hope like hell we don't have to.

Best case scenario to land Tua is if Miami goes after #1 to select Burrows...Bengals got a nice long look coaching Herbert to Senior bowl practice and game MVP(They never got a chance to properly dissect Burrows, face to face)...if they accept a trade from Miami, I think it is because they like Herbie, and know they can get him at 5. You just have to hope another team doesn't want to get into a bidding war with us...again....if they like Tua.

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    I have resigned myself to not being surprised if we draft Tua. I could even rationalize that he is too good to pass on if he is there when we pick. What I absolutely cannot get on board with is trading up to 2 or 3 to do so, and giving up the draft capital that will be required to do it. We have too many other needs.
    That's it |

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    I have said it before...I think after the "Brady with a bang" plan fell thru, they are looking for another way to usher the Bolts into a new era in that new stadium...and I would be shocked if getting Tua, by whatever means, is not at the top of the list.

For me, he is a "do not draft". I have been back and forth on the kid, but even though he is athletic, he doesn't look "substantial"...I don't know how else to put it. People have compared him to Russell Wilson, but Wilson is a fireplug...dense, tough...I worry that Tua is just a really damn good football player without the dense, tough stature to handle contact at the pro level...it's a big risk, drafting the next Sam Bradford....

I will certainly be ok with us drafting him, even if I am worried. I just hope they redshirt him...I realize he has recovered well from his injury, and that is just one more positve thing to say about the kid...no quit in him....but if I was calling the shots, he is tagged the #3, and he spends his first year not in the film room, but in the weight room...not recuperating....but building up his lower half...lots and lots of squats, lunges, and deadlifts.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by jubei View Post
    so what if Burrows made a huge jump between this last season and the season before? Could it be that he actually blossomed talent-wise and cognitive-wise? maybe that's all it was...he put it all together. he sure did look much better than lawrence when it was head to head. sure lawrence may have the raw athletic talent but so did that nimwit that played for the titans years back...forgot his name...the guy who ran into Merriman and flopped and then got his coach to call dirty hits on Merriman. How many super athletes have bombed as QBs. I STILL cant believe the donks drafted tebow. and what if lawrence has peaked? it's ALL a crapshoot so you just gotta go by what was on tape and hope for the best...oh and bring in the right people to develop systems that work.
    Vince Young

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Rape Trade!

I'm rooting for the Dolphins to land burrow for several reasons.
    one, I think cincy goes with strong arm Herbert, leaving Tua to us
    2, I'd like to see JB in a place where he can actually get a chance to succeed and hopefully torment New England for the next 20 years.
    There were more but those two for now.
    Memory lacking and I'm not even enibreated

Much.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Originally posted by jubei View Post
    so what if Burrows made a huge jump between this last season and the season before? Could it be that he actually blossomed talent-wise and cognitive-wise? maybe that's all it was...he put it all together. he sure did look much better than lawrence when it was head to head. sure lawrence may have the raw athletic talent but so did that nimwit that played for the titans years back...forgot his name...the guy who ran into Merriman and flopped and then got his coach to call dirty hits on Merriman. How many super athletes have bombed as QBs. I STILL cant believe the donks drafted tebow. and what if lawrence has peaked? it's ALL a crapshoot so you just gotta go by what was on tape and hope for the best...oh and bring in the right people to develop systems that work.
    They haven't drafted a good quarterback since....well, never!
    :exparrot:

Leave a comment:

• jubei
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

No they won’t.
    Rape Trade!

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont recall if he was hurt but he didnt miss a snap.

Tua 21-40, 418, 4-1 sacked 5 times
    Burrow 31-39, 393, 3-0 sacked 0 times
    I heard it from someone like Bucky Brooks on the radio.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied

It's always interesting that people think that Spanos forces Telesco into doing things he really doesn't want to. How would anyone here know that TT doesn't absolutely love Tua? If not for the injuries, which clearly have to be a major factor in taking him or not, he might be the first pick in the draft.
    There was talk awhile back involving the curious decision to pick Yung Ku over Josh Lambo, although Yung Ku did not make a field goal attempt in the preseason.
    It was noted that there are 100,000 + Korean-Americans in the Los Angeles metro market.

Did TT want to spend 30 million a year to get Brady? Or was that Spanos suggesting to him that it would be very important for the organization to bring in a big name to boost attendance?

You're right. We will never know if TT wants to take the risk/reward that Tua presents by moving up.

Leave a comment:

• Boltgang74
    replied
    I guess a big difference would be was Borrows line that much better than Tua's or was Tua doin a little too much runnin around?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X