POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I actually think I would rather trade up for Hurts to 31 (Niners) just for the 5th year fact. To move from 37 to 31 should be worth a 4th. I mean - I think I would be okay doing that for the right QB

There is talk Des King is on the block - or Chargers are listening - which they should if they do not see him as a long term fit. Maybe you get back a pick that could be used in a trade-up for a QB.

I think Telesco has options. Maybe the Jags want to move up if Tua is there at 6 and the Chargers are not in on Tua.
    if you're really convinced on the merits of Hurts, then sure.... perhaps trading up into the first makes sense.... my biggest hangup, is he really better than the other guys on the board there, and we really need OC, RB, LT and others, and.... was under the impression that Tyrod was our starter ??

and can't believe Des is on the block.... one off year and he's outta here.... didn't work for AL, why should DK be the fall guy ?? (didn't work for AJ either when he made Stanley "the Sheriff" Richard the fall guy for the previous season.... Des is not anymore the reason.... than Phil was

and by my math, we'd be asking for more than just a third from the Jags if we traded down in the first w/them.... either as much as their third and pick 157 (fifth), or their third, pick 165 (second fifth), and their seventh, or.... we could even ask for a 2021 second in lieu of any of the aforementioned.... (Ninj style would be to ask for both a 2021 second, and.... third !!

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Gilbert Manzano of the OC Register opines the Chargers appear to be gearing up to draft Tua. He cites as evidence beefing up the right side of the line while not overly concerned about the hole at LT.

A fresh start with new uniforms, logos, a 70,000-seat stadium, and new young quarterback can solve their issues.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Gilbert Manzano of the OC Register opines the Chargers appear to be gearing up to draft Tua. He cites as evidence beefing up the right side of the line while not overly concerned about the hole at LT.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/04/1...ua-tagovailoa/
        Not buying those tired reasons. And we still got a draft to go. We're we supposed to fix every OL spot and n free agency?
        Bulaga wasn't a blind spot OT for Rodgers. Why can't pundits just come to the simple conclusion that the right side of our OL sucked and a RT is cheaper to sign than a LT?
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Kingcrimson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Lol the Washington Post has us trading our 1st, 2nd, and 4th to the Detroit Lions to select....

get this....

Justin Herbert.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
            Lol the Washington Post has us trading our 1st, 2nd, and 4th to the Detroit Lions to select....

get this....

Justin Herbert.
            Moving up three spots...a second should be plenty. Anything more is just stupid. maybe a third in next years draft tops but nothing more this year.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Moving up three spots...a second should be plenty. Anything more is just stupid. maybe a third in next years draft tops but nothing more this year.
              Agree...in his early years, TT regularly threw away multiple picks for players that were sometimes good, but sometimes just not worth the picks...hopefully he doesn't go nuts with trading up picks this time...especially with a draft as deep as this one in several positions...

Comment

Working...
              X