POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    So, people actually think Tua can stay healthy?
    I have concerns.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

I am actually pretty shocked how snakebit most on here seem to be about Tua's health...I thought I was being a bit worrisome...

I am changing my stance...if Tua is there at #6, you gotta let em' hang, and make that pick. Dare to be great.
      Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
      (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
      23. A. Mitchell WR
      37. K. Jenkins DT
      69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
      110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
      181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
      253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Decision making.
        Vision.
        Leadership.
        Most of all...accuracy.

See Russell slide...
        You don't know ball

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          I am actually pretty shocked how snakebit most on here seem to be about Tua's health...I thought I was being a bit worrisome...

I am changing my stance...if Tua is there at #6, you gotta let em' hang, and make that pick. Dare to be great.
          Lone, I think a lot of us are gunshy after seeing what happened with someone like Verrett. Great talent, but just injured way too much to be of much use at all. Classic injury bust. Now, the big question is, will Tua be similar? That's why I posted that long list of injuries at the beginning of this thread. Had it just been the hip injury alone, we might chalk that up to a once in a while thing. But with Tua, we have a true INJURY-PRONE player. I'd sure hate to draft him at #6, only to rarely see him play. Need to get it right at #6. Take flyers on injury prone players round 3 and after...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lone, I think a lot of us are gunshy after seeing what happened with someone like Verrett. Great talent, but just injured way too much to be of much use at all. Classic injury bust. Now, the big question is, will Tua be similar? That's why I posted that long list of injuries at the beginning of this thread. Had it just been the hip injury alone, we might chalk that up to a once in a while thing. But with Tua, we have a true INJURY-PRONE player. I'd sure hate to draft him at #6, only to rarely see him play. Need to get it right at #6. Take flyers on injury prone players round 3 and after...
            If it was a lineman, DB, LB, WR...I would say definitely stay away, there is always a safer option...a less risky prospect...

But when you are talking about the leader of the francise for the next 15 yrs...I think the payoff begins to justify the gamble...thats all
            Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
            (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
            23. A. Mitchell WR
            37. K. Jenkins DT
            69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
            110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
            181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
            253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Reminds me M. Vick. He was seen as the savior in ATL.
              If the Falcons don't do that trade, chances are they would have had LT and Brees.
              The best trades are often the ones that you don't make.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Even bad NFL teams have a pass rusher who is better than anyone Tua was getting hit by in college. Good defenses have multiple pass rusher. He is going to be hit more frequently and harder by the defense. At the same time, there is no NFL OL who is as dominant as the OL he was behind in Alabama. Add that to a 17 game (plus preseason and playoffs) vs 12 game season, I don't see any way he stays healthy. I don't think you can even consider drafting him, maybe not in any round. Certainly, not in the important picks of day 1 and 2 of the draft.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Even bad NFL teams have a pass rusher who is better than anyone Tua was getting hit by in college. Good defenses have multiple pass rusher. He is going to be hit more frequently and harder by the defense. At the same time, there is no NFL OL who is as dominant as the OL he was behind in Alabama. Add that to a 17 game (plus preseason and playoffs) vs 12 game season, I don't see any way he stays healthy. I don't think you can even consider drafting him, maybe not in any round. Certainly, not in the important picks of day 1 and 2 of the draft.
                  I like your thinking. Hell I would even trade out and get another second rounder in this draft if he's still on the board and we only have to move down a few spots.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

Chargers should draft the fastest QB with #6, because he will be running for his life behind this OL.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
                      Chargers should draft the fastest QB with #6, because he will be running for his life behind this OL.
                      So Simmons, then Hurts at 37?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
                        Do you say the same with Turner and Bulaga on the right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I think the only thing worse than picking someone that on his best day is not worth the #6 overall pick is picking someone that is injury prone in addition to not being worth the #6 overall pick. So that would be hard pass on Tua at #6 overall.

I would much rather roll with Tyrod and get a player like Simmons than waste the #6 overall pick on a QB when none of the QBs in this year's draft are worthy of being selected #6 overall.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍