POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    If the 49ers keep the ball on the ground in the 4th, they would have beaten the Chiefs.
    Last Superbowl, the NE defense have muzzled the dangerous Rams attack.
    It's no more true that defense wins championship ?

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Let's put it another way...when you're shopping for a car, do you spend a reasonable amount of cash for a nice, dependable Camry, or do you spend a bundle and go into debt for a Ferrari, which when running properly, runs great, but has been in the shop multiple times, is high maintenance, and will probably be in the shop frequently in the future? Very high risk stakes here...trade up for someone like Burrow, if possible...yes...Tua...no...
    The worst possible example........ and you know it..... lol........apples and oranges......

A 500 dollar clunker of a car can get you from point a to b..... an old gun made in the 1800's can still kill someone if you shoot them in the head just as easily as a dirty harry .44 magnum......

in the NFL you absolutely need to, and should, go into debt if necessary so it does the same functional job as a ferrari...... unless you need to win a race...then you need to mortgage future and buy the expensive sports/race car........

Chargers NEED to get an elite QB.... otherwise you are wasting your time and never will get a championship...... fact is most of the SB's in history were won by ELITE QB's.........

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Are you saying that you no longer think we need an elite QB to compete with the chiefs????? Problem is if we dont trade up we are not getting one of the only 2 elite passing QB's in the draft.... all of the other QB's including Hebert have major flaws in accuracy and decision making..... drafting Brown or Okudah will not help us beat the chiefs uniess we have an elite QB to score over 30 points.....

I would bring up the 49ers as proof that no defense can shut down the chiefs, so the ONLY way to beat them is to out-score them with a great offense...... and a great QB...... we are not going to out-score anyone with Taylor at QB....... our only win against chiefs came because we scored and gambled on a 2 pointer to out score them..... Reid has built the perfect offense to take advantage of todays offensive oriented rules......
    Instead of worrying about the Chefs, maybe the best thing is to bolster our O-line, DT, CB, LB's, get a solid WR and RB, and hope somehow the Chefs stumble...a lot can happen...injuries, suspensions, locker room cancer, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post
    I was for it a couple weeks ago, but rather save the picks and take Brown/Simmons/Okudah/even Herbie if he’s still there (but he won’t be).
    Are you saying that you no longer think we need an elite QB to compete with the chiefs????? Problem is if we dont trade up we are not getting one of the only 2 elite passing QB's in the draft.... all of the other QB's including Hebert have major flaws in accuracy and decision making..... drafting Brown or Okudah will not help us beat the chiefs uniess we have an elite QB to score over 30 points.....

I would bring up the 49ers as proof that no defense can shut down the chiefs, so the ONLY way to beat them is to out-score them with a great offense...... and a great QB...... we are not going to out-score anyone with Taylor at QB....... our only win against chiefs came because we scored and gambled on a 2 pointer to out score them..... Reid has built the perfect offense to take advantage of todays offensive oriented rules......

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    I see Tua more like a Jetta !

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

This!..... he is way too good to pass on and the Chargers really need someone great to lead them...... if AL wants to run him like Balt does with jackson, then fire Lynn and more a coach whop knows how to use a talented passing QB........Burrow and Tua are the ONLY Elite passing QB's in this draft ..... all the others have major issues like most college QB's most years.....
    Let's put it another way...when you're shopping for a car, do you spend a reasonable amount of cash for a nice, dependable Camry, or do you spend a bundle and go into debt for a Ferrari, which when running properly, runs great, but has been in the shop multiple times, is high maintenance, and will probably be in the shop frequently in the future? Very high risk stakes here...trade up for someone like Burrow, if possible...yes...Tua...no...

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

On Tua's height--think of how many times dudes like Chris Jones will bat down Tua's throws...just one more negative to add to the rest...sorry, pass...and BTW, Tua is NOT 6-1, as has been generously reported. He just lost an inch:

image.png
    Tua is still taller than 5-11 brees, and 5-11 wilson..... and he has wilson's movement skills and a lighting quick release so he can throw from any position or angle and passes won't be batted down...... how many batted passes die he have in college?.... none that I've seen.....

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    Who would trade up for something like a mix of Jason Verret and Doug Flutie ?
    Yep...good point...Tua on the bench half the season or more while T-Mobile leads us to 7-9, and less a 1st and 2nd rounder we gave up for damaged goods...

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Signature says it all.
    I won’t argue against injury concerns, I just think you roll the dice with this much talent and circumstances surrounding our franchise.
    trade up for the guy and build around him, hell, draft another qb in round 3 of you want, but I hope we get this kid as I have little doubt he will become an elite NFL qb

leadership
    accuracy
    ability
    coachable (multiple coordinators)
    disciplined
    mobility (post injury?)
    battle tested (longevity)
    tough (plays through injuries)
    well spoken (franchise traits)

LAACDMBTW for short. (I really SHOULD come up with a better acronym)
    This!..... he is way too good to pass on and the Chargers really need someone great to lead them...... if AL wants to run him like Balt does with jackson, then fire Lynn and more a coach whop knows how to use a talented passing QB........Burrow and Tua are the ONLY Elite passing QB's in this draft ..... all the others have major issues like most college QB's most years.....

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    Who would trade up for something like a mix of Jason Verret and Doug Flutie ?

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Accuracy? Completion percentage, sure...but ball placement is only "good"...a lot of receivers reaching over their back shoulder to pull in some throws...and he had great hands on his teams. Not as "accurate" as some people think...watch the film...
    Ability? No rocket arm there, and I don't see him as an athletic runner anymore...why do people think he has a great arm...his deep ball resume is anemic...don't see a ton of touch throws either...
    Size-You didn't list this one. He is small...that can be overcome, but by him? I don't know...he has a lot of injury miles already, and just coming out of college.

Don't get me wrong...a warrior, and I don't question his mettle or leadership...but tough? He didn't hold up in college, how will he do in the pros...mentally tough, yes...physically? Only so much he can play thru...prefer a guy who isn't playing thru anything...
    On Tua's height--think of how many times dudes like Chris Jones will bat down Tua's throws...just one more negative to add to the rest...sorry, pass...and BTW, Tua is NOT 6-1, as has been generously reported. He just lost an inch:

image.png
    Last edited by Topcat; 02-24-2020, 07:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Signature says it all.
    I won’t argue against injury concerns, I just think you roll the dice with this much talent and circumstances surrounding our franchise.
    trade up for the guy and build around him, hell, draft another qb in round 3 of you want, but I hope we get this kid as I have little doubt he will become an elite NFL qb

leadership
    accuracy
    ability
    coachable (multiple coordinators)
    disciplined
    mobility (post injury?)
    battle tested (longevity)
    tough (plays through injuries)
    well spoken (franchise traits)

LAACDMBTW for short. (I really SHOULD come up with a better acronym)
    Accuracy? Completion percentage, sure...but ball placement is only "good"...a lot of receivers reaching over their back shoulder to pull in some throws...and he had great hands on his teams. Not as "accurate" as some people think...watch the film...
    Ability? No rocket arm there, and I don't see him as an athletic runner anymore...why do people think he has a great arm...his deep ball resume is anemic...don't see a ton of touch throws either...
    Size-You didn't list this one. He is small...that can be overcome, but by him? I don't know...he has a lot of injury miles already, and just coming out of college.

Don't get me wrong...a warrior, and I don't question his mettle or leadership...but tough? He didn't hold up in college, how will he do in the pros...mentally tough, yes...physically? Only so much he can play thru...prefer a guy who isn't playing thru anything...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X