POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nomad1946
    replied
    Not only do not trade up, do not draft him at all.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    I was for it a couple weeks ago, but rather save the picks and take Brown/Simmons/Okudah/even Herbie if he’s still there (but he won’t be).

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Signature says it all.
    I won’t argue against injury concerns, I just think you roll the dice with this much talent and circumstances surrounding our franchise.
    trade up for the guy and build around him, hell, draft another qb in round 3 of you want, but I hope we get this kid as I have little doubt he will become an elite NFL qb

leadership
    accuracy
    ability
    coachable (multiple coordinators)
    disciplined
    mobility (post injury?)
    battle tested (longevity)
    tough (plays through injuries)
    well spoken (franchise traits)

LAACDMBTW for short. (I really SHOULD come up with a better acronym)

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Here is my answer...other. DO NOT DRAFT
    Yep...u and me, two of the LONE voices of reason in the midst of the Tua Feeding Frenzy...

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Here is my answer...other. DO NOT DRAFT

Edit: That was harsh...if we did draft the kid, I am an instant fan...but an extremely nervous fan who wonders if we didn't make a huge mistake. Injuries and surgeries galore...and he isn't very big folks...I just don't think he can physically rescue a francise like the Bolts. If Lynn wants a runner...why one made of glass? If he wants a runner, he can get Herbert, or even Hurts later. If he wants a game manager with just as good an arm and mind, it's Fromm, who is durable. Tua just doesn't make sense early....and maybe never. He is a gamble for a team like the Patriots...or New Orleans, who I really like for him. JMO

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    started a poll POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Yes, trade up for Tua!
    23.40%
    No, don't trade up for Tua
    72.34%
    Other--see my answer
    4.26%
    There's been a lot of talk about the possibility of the Bolts, in need of a QB, trading up for Tua. While there's no doubting Tua's talent, when you look at his injury history, and especially that last serious hip injury, it's several red flags following by a BIG red flag. Look at all of Tua's injuries so far:

March 2018: Tua Tagovailoa breaks his finger

October 2018: Tua Tagovailoa suffers knee injury

November 2018: Quad injury keeps Tua out of a game

December 2018: Tua Tagovailoa injures his left ankle

Against Tennessee, Tua Tagovailoa suffers another ankle injury

November, 2019: Tagovailoa suffered a dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...ne/4064454002/

On that last injury, there's more cause for concern:

"It’s the potential complications that make predicting a complete or full recovery back to pre-injury conditions difficult to determine at the moment.

“The thing that makes it uncertain is that when the hip dislocates and it fractures off part of the cup part of the hip joint,” Lowe explained Saturday, “(and) sometimes it disrupts the blood supply to the end of the femur — the lower leg part of the hip joint.”

That is what is called avascular necrosis (AVN) and is what forced legendary Auburn running back Bo Jackson to retire from both football and baseball in the early 1990s, and eventually led to severe arthritis and the need for a hip replacement at the age of 29."

Sorry, Tua looks like damaged goods to me, with a high likelihood of injury in the future.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ma/4234279002/
Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍