• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sdcforever View Post
    Very happy to see these changes. With these new uniforms, the Chargers will be the best looking team on the field week-in, week-out. Let's hope winning comes along for the ride.

Some additional thoughts and comments:

TV Numbers
    • Why have them when they are already on the helmet? Thumbs up from me for removing the TV numbers from the shoulders and sleeves.
    • While nostalgic for the numbers on the sleeves, they never looked right on certain players whenever the fabric got bunched up.
    • Never liked the upside-down bolt on the 2007-2019. Oversizing the bolts left little space on shoulders and sleeves. Removing them visually simplifies the design. This is a case of addition through subtraction.
    Color Rush
    • In general, I'm not a fan of mono-colored uniforms, but the Navy and Royal Blue Color Rush uniforms are not bad and much better than other teams offerings.
    • I wouldn't mind seeing matching yellow and white pants with the royal blue and navy tops.
    Helmets
    • Numbers on the sides of the helmets give the Chargers a unique look among other teams, much like the Steelers logo on just one side of the helmet.
    Shoulder/Pants Lightning Bolts and Number Font
    • Very nice. One nitpick would be the size of the white/yellow stroke. I'd make this a little thicker so that it distinguishes the bolt and numbers better against the jersey color.
    No Chargers Wordmark on Jersey Front
    • Again, addition by subtraction. One look at these uniforms, and you should know what team this is (2015-2019 Browns, I'm talking to you).
    • Plus, I can imagine that the Chargers are still in San Diego, since it doesn't say LAC like the new Falcons uniforms.
    Yellow Pants
    • Very happy that there are Sunshine Gold pants to go alongside the white ones. I never got to see these in-person, but I always liked the look of the 1961-1964 Chargers.
    I was afraid they were going to use that LA with the lightning bolt as a word mark, but I'm glad they thought that through.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

I really like them. I have never been a big fan of the "color rush" shit, but even that one is okay.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

EWKKejYWoAEKBbR (1).jpeg

Comment

• Pointyearedog
          Humble Chargers Fan
          • May 2017
          • Golden Hill
          • Medical Devices Operations
          • Send PM

I guess I will have to see the whole team lining up during a game to really appreciate if these unis stand out.
          "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍