• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
    Would you guys be pissed at an OT pick at #6?
    No, but I do have a feeling that 10 years from now we will be Monday morning QBing that we should've taken Simmons. You have to do what your board tells you to do though.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

No, but I do have a feeling that 10 years from now we will be Monday morning QBing that we should've taken Simmons. You have to do what your board tells you to do though.
      If Isaiah is there and we don’t draft him, it will be a poor decision. He is the #1 prospect on my board. Drafting a QB is the only other acceptable decision as I’ll have to trust the team’s evaluation of that position.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

If we sign Harris it really makes it look like its gonna be Tua or Simmons this draft.Wouldnt be mad at one of the top LTs but would be thrilled seein Simmons in bolts.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
          Would you guys be pissed at an OT pick at #6?
          I'd still be happy with it. OTs are never wasted picks, if for no other reason than to get rid of an older expensive player. And they can always move inside to guard.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Probably my 2nd favorite team is the Packers, because they were my Dad's team.

Bulaga is good, and has been a favorite of the fans. Yeah, he gets hurt. He's an offensive linemen.

We just got a cheaper player, who is healthier, than Okung. (and I love Okung, when he was healthy, very good)

Adding Bulaga, Joseph, and Harris... these guys are all "Pro's pros". They are respected, and long term starters. All at decent prices.

These are the kind of signings AJ Smith made before we took off in 2004. (Roman Oben, Steve Foley, Randall Godfrey)

Really curious to see what they do with the #6 pick, now.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Usually when someone signs with us someone is on top of it and posts it but I have not seen one report from anyone about him signing with the team. He's a Right tackle from the packers and signed a 3 year 30 million dollar contract with the Chargers. So he will be the teams starting right tackle the next 3 years and if thats the case the right side of our line along with Trai Turner is going to be dominant. If you look at who we have gotten for our O-line tells me they are trying to make this a run heavy oriented team so they don't put to much pressure on Tyrod Taylor. Now we just gotta build up the left side of the line. REPORT: Chargers will sign Bryan Bulaga to 3-year, $30M deal

Former Packers RT Bryan Bulaga agrees to sign with Chargers

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                  Great White North
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

He is the pick if we're going by BPA. He'll be an all-pro and a staple on the defense for the next decade. Von Miller. Darius Leonard. DeMarcus Ware.You're getting this with Simmons.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Jason B. Hirschhorn

9 hours ago

Even though the Los Angeles Chargers did not land prized free-agent quarterback Tom Brady this offseason, they did manage to pull in several key veterans that should immediately upgrade several areas of weakness on the roster. One of those, former Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga, will secure one of the two tackle spots for the foreseeable future.

Yet when free agency began, Bulaga didn't know he would ultimately land in Southern California.

"I'd never gone through it because the last time I was scheduled to be a free agent I had re-signed with Green Bay before the whole thing kind of got going," Bulaga said of the free-agent process on SiriusXM NFL Radio. "This time it was different. Sitting around kind of just waiting, getting a phone call from my agent every few hours updating me on what was going on. We knew pretty early that we wouldn't be heading back to Green Bay. That was made known pretty early, I think before the opening bell of the tampering process. We kind of knew that. We had an open mind and we were willing to kind of hear where the market was going and what teams were going to call."

ADVERTISING

Independent of which quarterback starts for the Chargers this season, the team wanted to upgrade its offensive line. Bulaga, one of the best tackles on the market, made sense from that standpoint. He also has a preexisting relationship with new offensive-line coach James Campen, which helped facilitate the move.

"The Chargers were a team that was very interested from early on," Bulaga said. "Obviously, for me, a very familiar face is the offensive-line coach in coach Campen. He was my O-line coach in Green Bay for nine years. So, going to a place that is unfamiliar to me with having a familiar face there was a big sell for me."

The Chargers also helped their cause by making a strong push for Bulaga off the bat.

"There were a handful of teams that called and inquired, but no team really got down to negotiations right away like the Chargers did," Bulaga said. "That was the one team that, from the tampering period at the start of it and kind of throughout the entire time, really negotiated right away. Other teams, I feel like, were kind of feeling things out. There weren't really any concrete negotiations going on. It was really the Chargers."

With Bulaga joining a revamped offensive line that also added five-time Pro Bowl guard Trai Turner this offseason, the Chargers appear well on their way to running out their strongest unit in several years.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Joy Division
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

NFL Gamepass is free right now. Just watched the Chargers-Packers game from last season. Bulaga had a rough day along with the rest of the Pack.
                      That will happen when you go up against Bosa for a few plays and then have to stop Ingram on the next. Rochelle was the only guy he was really able to keep
                      getting whipped by.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                        X