• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Guaranteed money! He's already locked up for two years anyway. I just don't want the drama like we had with gordon. Use him or lose him for draft picks.
    I think you could add a bonus for this year. To keep him from holding out. Have an agreement on that. Then try and get a huge deal done that keeps a Charger for years to come. Thats the goal here. You get that guy locked up fast and long term. The message it sends. Just chipping away at him via one year bonuses and tags? Not a good message.

In theory i like your idea. Pay him 10 this year and 25M next year. Guarantee all of it. 50M over the next 2 years. You could even try and spin it like its some good faith thing for a long term deal. But its not.

Not too Bosa. The goal is max years max dollars. And Bosa will want to be the highest paid D player in the league. Its not worth risking the injury of short term guaranteed money. 50M is no joke. But if he gets hurt and doesnt cash in on the easy 175M he is set to make over his career? And with Cali taxes?

Its not good business for him to think like you are. Even though from a fan pov i like it as well.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I think you could add a bonus for this year. To keep him from holding out. Have an agreement on that. Then try and get a huge deal done that keeps a Charger for years to come. Thats the goal here. You get that guy locked up fast and long term. The message it sends. Just chipping away at him via one year bonuses and tags? Not a good message.

In theory i like your idea. Pay him 10 this year and 25M next year. Guarantee all of it. 50M over the next 2 years. You could even try and spin it like its some good faith thing for a long term deal. But its not.

Not too Bosa. The goal is max years max dollars. And Bosa will want to be the highest paid D player in the league. Its not worth risking the injury of short term guaranteed money. 50M is no joke. But if he gets hurt and doesnt cash in on the easy 175M he is set to make over his career? And with Cali taxes?

Its not good business for him to think like you are. Even though from a fan pov i like it as well.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Not too Bosa. The goal is max years max Guaranteed dollars. And Bosa will want to be the highest paid D player in the league. Its not worth risking the injury of short term guaranteed money. 50M is no joke. But if he gets hurt and doesnt cash in on the easy 175M he is set to make over his career? And with Cali taxes?

Fixed it for ya!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Fixed it for ya!
          Im not misinterpreting what you are saying. I know its max guaranteed dollars. Im saying 50M guaranteed over the next 2 years is bad business from Bosa's perspective. He would never do it.

But i agree if he took that 50M over the next 2 years it would be awesome. Its really only protecting the chargers though.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I hope Joey signs, maybe out of concerns over career length.
            He has to take note of our personnel moves of the last several days.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

I think Bosa wants to play with his brother. I think he wants to so much that he will take whatever they offer him & will reject whatever we offer him. Just a gut feeling, but I think I'd be on the phone with San Fran to make a trade before we lose him anyway.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                I think Bosa wants to play with his brother. I think he wants to so much that he will take whatever they offer him & will reject whatever we offer him. Just a gut feeling, but I think I'd be on the phone with San Fran to make a trade before we lose him anyway.
                Maybe we should bring Nick down to the chargers and then bosa signs a good longterm contract. Ya gotta think inverse here. LOL!

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Joseph and Harris should improve pass rush opportunities, not to mention a healthy DJ & Adderley. Tillery owes us a major step up and Jones should be better.
                  As always a lot of moving parts have to come together, but ?? The LAC D may be a unit that no one wants to leave.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Popper from the AThletic seems to think Bosa will wait for the new salary cap as he can get more money that way

So Bosa may hold out this summer (granted, who knows how training camps will be and all that) - but this might be Bosa not wanting to talk just yet to the Chargers.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

love this signing
                      run def was a weakness

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Im not misinterpreting what you are saying. I know its max guaranteed dollars. Im saying 50M guaranteed over the next 2 years is bad business from Bosa's perspective. He would never do it.

But i agree if he took that 50M over the next 2 years it would be awesome. Its really only protecting the chargers though.
                        Found this nice McAfee video with him talking about contracts. It's about the 7 minute mark where he talks about guaranteed money. This is directed towards Fleet!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Totin' the rock.
                          9a94a1f.jpg
                          You don't know ball

Comment

Working...
                          X