• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingcrimson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

They have a perfect system in KC. He doesn’t necessarily have to have top-tier decision making. He can basically throw it anywhere on the field and his 4.30 receivers can outrun DBs, create separation. If not, he has a big body sure handed TE in Kelce, or he can run if he sees some green grass. What I’m trying to say is, it’s how he developed so fast. The system they got in KC makes it so much easier for him. It’s hard to replicate or defend that. I wouldn’t go for QBs just because they have rocket arms.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Puppet Master wants Anthony Gordon in the 4rth.
      Or Steven Montez in rounds 5-6?
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I like TT as a back up. I say let's have Stick be the 2020 version of Gardner Minshew with TT available as the back up in case it goes south.
        Stick isn’t beating anyone out for QB1. Never gonna happen. He didn’t even beat out Cardale for QB3 and everyone here saw it. Everyone here knows it.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Stick isn’t beating anyone out for QB1. Never gonna happen. He didn’t even beat out Cardale for QB3 and everyone here saw it. Everyone here knows it.
          Stick: first pro preseason.

Cardale: last chance in the league.

I can wait a little bit.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I'm not a fan of Tyrod but it's still possible that he could surprise us and morph into a decent starting QB. He wouldn't be the first QB to suddenly become good after years of being a mediocre QB.

That said, I still think they will pick a QB in the first round this year. Considering how high their pick is it would seem like a blown chance to find a replacement for Rivers to draft at a different position. The single exception for me would be if Simmons is available. Even in that case I think they have to take a chance on a QB in round 2.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Stick: first pro preseason.

Cardale: last chance in the league.

I can wait a little bit.
              Absolutely. But did he show you anything that makes you confident he will ever be anything more than a 2nd or 3rd QB on a roster?

I personally think he can improve, just not enough to matter. We shall see...

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                I'm not a fan of Tyrod but it's still possible that he could surprise us and morph into a decent starting QB. He wouldn't be the first QB to suddenly become good after years of being a mediocre QB.

That said, I still think they will pick a QB in the first round this year. Considering how high their pick is it would seem like a blown chance to find a replacement for Rivers to draft at a different position. The single exception for me would be if Simmons is available. Even in that case I think they have to take a chance on a QB in round 2.
                He doesn't really need to "morph" into that guy, he's been that player in the past. He took a very mediocre Bills squad with way less offensive fire power and a worse D, to the PO's.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

He doesn't really need to "morph" into that guy, he's been that player in the past. He took a very mediocre Bills squad with way less offensive fire power and a worse D, to the PO's.
                  You're really quite a fan of Tyrod! Well, I hope you're right about him.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You're really quite a fan of Tyrod! Well, I hope you're right about him.
                    Not especially. Just like to live my life based in reality, is all. :cheers:

And to be clear, if we don't draft a QB early, I'm gonna be pissed.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Absolutely. But did he show you anything that makes you confident he will ever be anything more than a 2nd or 3rd QB on a roster?

I personally think he can improve, just not enough to matter. We shall see...
                      Yeah, his first preseason game was top notch for a small school rookie QB. The other games, yeah small school QB. But he had something going there..

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

That wasn't a bad team. They rushed for over 2000 yards and Karlos Williams and Mike Gillispe averaged over 5.5 ypc. Shady was 4.4.
                        His WRs were Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods and Percy Harvin who was at the end of the line and he had Charles Clay at TE. OL couldn't have been that bad, they ran the shit out of the ball.

Defense wasn't that great though.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-22-2020, 04:30 PM.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Very curious to see how he does with this O. And yeah, our D gonna be killer.

Comment

Working...
                          X