Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yes we know.
    I know you know. Just responding to yet another thread about the same thing. You should be giddy, Rivers is gone!

Comment

• Kingcrimson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Benched for Nathan Peterman! Who had the worst half of football in the HISTORY of football.
      This argument bothers me.

Taylor had the Bills at 5-2.

Then they lose to the Jets. Then gets blown out by NO. Bills staff put Peterman in and actually plays well in garbage time. Bills staff liked what they saw in garbage time and decides to start Peterman vs. Chargers then proceeds to have “the worse half of football in the HISTORY of football”.

This is on the Bills coaching staff.

The games where only Tyrod played, they went 8-4.

This is on a bad Bills team with subpar weapons and defense.

“tHeY hAd ShAdY McCoY”

Well Shady McCoy also got benched on the Chiefs for Williams so.........

Anyways, yeah I agree Taylor is a 8-8 10-6 kinda quarterback. I just don’t like that argument.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Jalen Hurts throws people open.
        Tyrod doesn't do that at all.

Jalen Hurts looks advanced in his reads on tape.
        So did Nathan Peterman at Northwestern.

I still say take a flyer on Hurts,
        if he is there at #71.
        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
        Ben Herbert

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

Then they lose to the Jets. Then gets blown out by NO. Bills staff put Peterman in and actually plays well in garbage time. Bills staff liked what they saw in garbage time and decides to start Peterman vs. Chargers then proceeds to have “the worse half of football in the HISTORY of football”.

“tHeY hAd ShAdY McCoY”

Anyways, yeah I agree Taylor is a 8-8 10-6 kinda quarterback. I just don’t like that argument.
          Oh I agree it's totally on the Bills coaching staff. I'm just saying, & don't get me wrong I do not hate Taylor, but that is a terrible thing to have on your resume.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
            why draft an anthony lynn type qb when lynn might not be here after next season?
            How the hell are you gonna judge the job that you hired someone for, if you don't give them the pieces they need to make it work? :shrug: That's simply asinine...

Not to mention that mobile QB's aren't just an AL thing. Pure pocket passers are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Oh I agree it's totally on the Bills coaching staff. I'm just saying, & don't get me wrong I do not hate Taylor, but that is a terrible thing to have on your resume.
              I kinda feel bad for the dude. Got wrongly benched for Peterman even though he was doing well.

Got benched for Baker Mayfield after running an offense fit for Mayfield in CLE.

Could very well get benched for our rookie QB this year if we draft one.

Sad. He does everything right. Doesn’t turn the ball over, but it’s just not good enough lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Chargers loaded up on the right side of the OL. Maybe the next Qb will be a lefty? Maybe Tua?

TG
                Might have something to do with the right side sucking ass.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                  I say bring back Nic Shimonek for preseason, heck even Car-Dale and Mike Bercovici, let them all compete with Easton Stick and TT.
                  Bercovici was awful in the AAFL. Stick already better than him.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Why are people clamoring for scrubs from the XFL that have already been proven to be shitty players on this team? If we're gonna steal a QB from that league, the only right answer is PJ Walker.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Tyrod Taylor is the type of marginal qb that can take a team to the playoffs if provided a lot of the right stuff around him.

He'll get a shot; moreover, Anthony Lynn will be given a shot to prove that this is the right path to take, and that he is the one to lead.

Get all the pieces in place save franchise qb: see how it works.

Simmons/Wills approve this message.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

“tHeY hAd ShAdY McCoY”

That team had a very good defense, a very good offensive line, and Shady McCoy.

You aren't accurately describing the situation.

They did go to the playoffs that year - and Tyrod Taylor was their starting qb.

And they scored 3 measly points in the playoff game with Tyrod, losing 10 - 3.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bercovici was awful in the AAFL. Stick already better than him.
                          I'm at the point to where I'm ready to roll behind Stick (be this years Minshew). He was Carson Wentz's back up at NDST and then became the starter and had the best record ever for a college qb with better numbers than Wentz, plus he got to learn for a year behind Rivers. Let's gooooo Stick! #BoltUp @ 1pm (and at 10am I'll be doing a #ColtUp for QB17)

Shimmy was Mahomes replacement and did well at Texas Tech as well throwing to Dylan Cantrell.

Comment

Working...
                          X