• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

How the hell are you gonna judge the job that you hired someone for, if you don't give them the pieces they need to make it work? :shrug: That's simply asinine...

Not to mention that mobile QB's aren't just an AL thing. Pure pocket passers are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

How would this team not have the pieces he wants if they get Simmons/Wills? It's littered with talent except at the qb position.

Lynn says he wants a game manager at qb with mobility - Taylor fits that. All teams have limited budgets and

most head coaches have to get by without top level qbs. Lynn had a franchise qb and he didn't want him.

Frank Reich, who has actually had some success as an offensive coordinator, does.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That team had a very good defense, a very good offensive line, and Shady McCoy.

You aren't accurately describing the situation.

They did go to the playoffs that year - and Tyrod Taylor was their starting qb.

And they scored 3 measly points in the playoff game with Tyrod, losing 10 - 3.
      Their o-line was ranked 7th that year by PFF. I’ll give you that.

But their defense (26th in total yards allowed, 20th against the pass, 29th against the run) is terrible.

Also, his receivers? Charles Clay, Deonte Thompson, Nick O’Leary, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Mathews, Zay Jones. Only 1 player from that list has ever eclipsed 1,000 yards, and he only did it once. Not many QBs will succeed with those receivers.

ANYWAYS, I’m gonna leave it at that. All I’m saying is that his later years in Buffalo and Cleveland was a bad situation for him, and this is the first and probably only chance he’ll get to prove himself.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That team had a very good defense, a very good offensive line, and Shady McCoy.

You aren't accurately describing the situation.

They did go to the playoffs that year - and Tyrod Taylor was their starting qb.

And they scored 3 measly points in the playoff game with Tyrod, losing 10 - 3.
        The Bills were ranked 26th in total D, OL was solid and Shady had started his downhill slide. McCoy had 7 games where he rushed for 50 or less yards for a 2.3ypc avg. in those games

And that "measly" 3 points may have due to facing off with the leagues #2 D in their house. Or the fact that his receiving options, Charles Clay, Jordan Matthews, Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin were all hot garbage.

I'm far from a big Tyrod fan, but you're really trying to manufacture reasons to discount what he's done.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I'm at the point to where I'm ready to roll behind Stick (be this years Minshew). He was Carson Wentz's back up at NDST and then became the starter and had the best record ever for a college qb with better numbers than Wentz, plus he got to learn for a year behind Rivers. Let's gooooo Stick! #BoltUp @ 1pm (and at 10am I'll be doing a #ColtUp for QB17)

Shimmy was Mahomes replacement and did well at Texas Tech as well throwing to Dylan Cantrell.
          Let's not get carried away here.
          first, he didn't have the best record ever for college QBs. Not even close to being true.

What he had was better career stats than Wentz, but he also had a lot more pass attempts than Wentz did so that was inevitable.

Stick is not better than Tyrod and doubt he ever is the starter for us.
          However, if we want to tank for Lawrence.....start Stick.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I know you know. Just responding to yet another thread about the same thing. You should be giddy, Rivers is gone!
            Loved Rivers, but last year he cost us Ws.

Yep, we keep posting the same thing lol.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

first, he didn't have the best record ever for college QBs. Not even close to being true.

What he had was better career stats than Wentz, but he also had a lot more pass attempts than Wentz did so that was inevitable.

My mistake, most wins.

With a 49-3 record as a starter at North Dakota State, Stick holds the record for most wins by a starting quarterback in NCAA Division I FCS history.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Let’s not get carried away here.
                It is actually very close 1) K. Moore 50-3 - 2) E. Stick 49-3 (which is the FCS record).
                Easton also had a better TD/INT ratio, YPA, SPPA (sack per pass attempt), and a much better runner.
                Not the same arm talent but may have enough to lead an NFL team.

I do like T. Lawrence in powderblues for 2021 and beyond!
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Well, if Mr. Taylor figures out 2 things:
                  Dump the ball off to Ekeler
                  Throw in the general vicinity of M. Williams, or H. Henry

He'll be alright

Now, factor in K. Allen

Right now, I'd say we have significant upgrades on 2 spots on the offensive line.
                  Hope springs eternal

Comment

• IA chargers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

I thought when Tyrod came in for peterman, that he played pretty good against the Chargers in the second half.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

He’s a good QB. Not HOF, but okay. There’s worse, much worse.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

My mistake, most wins.

With a 49-3 record as a starter at North Dakota State, Stick holds the record for most wins by a starting quarterback in NCAA Division I FCS history.

That doesn't even make sense.

If he was Wentz backup in 2015, he wouldn't have been a starter for that many games.

Wentz did get hurt in 2015 but started 7 of their 12 games. And Stick only started 8 games as a senior according to the stats.
                        That's 13 starts in two of those years. Where did the other 39 come from in two other years?

Something off about that 49-3 record lol.

In anycase, I'm not high on Stick for us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Let’s not get carried away here.
                          It is actually very close 1) K. Moore 50-3 - 2) E. Stick 49-3 (which is the FCS record).
                          Easton also had a better TD/INT ratio, YPA, SPPA (sack per pass attempt), and a much better runner.
                          Not the same arm talent but may have enough to lead an NFL team.

I do like T. Lawrence in powderblues for 2021 and beyond!
                          See my post #47. His 49-3 record dont even make sense. He did not start 52 games. Didn't even play in 52 games let alone start them.

Unless below is wrong

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡