Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

I wholeheartedly believe Rivers would have taken a discount to stay here. As low as 20m a year.

edit: read your comment wrong
    Rivers has never taken a discount.

Comment

• El_Tee
      I’m No Noob
      • Sep 2019
      • Disney World, FL
      • Send PM

Rivers has never taken less than top market money. He just hasn’t. Spanos made his highest paid QB to win a ring. He threatened to quit if we drafted Watson. Team loved Mahomes too and passed. Who knows what went into that great decision with the ‘Ol Gunslinger.

Oh and he didn’t want to move closer to LA and embrace the move. Plenty of places he could’ve lived that were more “normal”. But happy to carry the narrative that he was never moving to the LA market and at least act like he was a team player.

But quick to move the entire fam to that freezing shithole city of Indianapolis.

14 years. 5 playoff wins. Only one of those wins was past the Wildcard round.

To quote Tombstone... That dog won’t hunt no more. It’s time to cut it the fuck loose.

Dad gummit.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
        Rivers has never taken less than top market money. He just hasn’t. Spanos made his highest paid QB to win a ring. He threatened to quit if we drafted Watson. Team loved Mahomes too and passed. Who knows what went into that great decision with the ‘Ol Gunslinger.

Oh and he didn’t want to move closer to LA and embrace the move. Plenty of places he could’ve lived that were more “normal”. But happy to carry the narrative that he was never moving to the LA market and at least act like he was a team player.

But quick to move the entire fam to that freezing shithole city of Indianapolis.

To quote Tombstone... That dog won’t hunt no more. It’s time to cut it the fuck loose.

Dad gummit.
        Rivers threatened to quit if the Chargers drafted Watson???
        did I read that right?
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Dad gummit.
          Never heard this, you will have to provide some proof. He also signed for a bit less than both Eli and Ben so he didnt get top market, he got his market which id expect any player still putting up numbers to do.....which is funny because he is every bit a better QB than Eli.

Cam wont sign for peanuts either unless nobody wants him and he really wants to play with an incentive laden contract. Then he will probably do the Tonya Harding hit and hire someone to hit the guy in front of him on the knee :chuckle:

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Dad gummit.
            TWO THUMBS DOWN
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I do think it’s fair to be critical of Rivers moving the family to Indy now vs LA a few years ago.
              granted, circumstances were different, but the idea was that he was both such a family man as to not uproot them at the tail end of his career
              so instead of moving everyone 3 years ago to be all-in in LA as THE leader of the LA Chargers, he decides to commute... okay.
              but even after contemplating retirement, he decides to take a 1 year contract and move everyone to Indy.
              in the mist of this pandemic mind you.
              I get that he probably hate LA but I think it’s fair to say maybe he should have either not signed the last extension and find a better fit elsewhere or go all in with the LA Chargers
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Never heard this, you will have to provide some proof. He also signed for a bit less than both Eli and Ben so he didnt get top market, he got his market which id expect any player still putting up numbers to do.....which is funny because he is every bit a better QB than Eli.

Cam wont sign for peanuts either unless nobody wants him and he really wants to play with an incentive laden contract. Then he will probably do the Tonya Harding hit and hire someone to hit the guy in front of him on the knee :chuckle:
                I believe it was Kyle Posey who reported about drafting Watson. I believe Posey now does work for the 49ers as a blogger.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I believe it was Kyle Posey who reported about drafting Watson. I believe Posey now does work for the 49ers as a blogger.
                  I think that part is bullshit. Rivers has never complained, even when his OL sucked.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

I think that part is bullshit. Rivers has never complained, even when his OL sucked.
                    He should have.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Utter bullshit.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        I do think it’s fair to be critical of Rivers moving the family to Indy now vs LA a few years ago.
                        granted, circumstances were different, but the idea was that he was both such a family man as to not uproot them at the tail end of his career
                        so instead of moving everyone 3 years ago to be all-in in LA as THE leader of the LA Chargers, he decides to commute... okay.
                        but even after contemplating retirement, he decides to take a 1 year contract and move everyone to Indy.
                        in the mist of this pandemic mind you.
                        I get that he probably hate LA but I think it’s fair to say maybe he should have either not signed the last extension and find a better fit elsewhere or go all in with the LA Chargers
                        Especially when you consider that he only signed a 1 year deal and there is a real good chance that they'll be moving again next year. So much for stability.

Him staying in SD never really sat well with me, when it was happening. And now, I'm even less OK with it.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Especially when you consider that he only signed a 1 year deal and there is a real good chance that they'll be moving again next year. So much for stability.

Him staying in SD never really sat well with me, when it was happening. And now, I'm even less OK with it.
                          precisely.

same here, but at the time (and still do) I felt that he earned a chance to do it HIS way.
                          after the failure of year one, I hoped he would consider moving to LA
                          then year 2 happened and it was working, so I figured he figured it out and it's a non-issue
                          then year 3 happened, and I still didn't blame him for commuting
                          that changed a bit when he moved to Florida and then changed even more when he took the Indy job
                          so uprooting his family wasn't worth it for us, but it was to play for just one more year as a FA in Indy?
                          can't help but feel a BIT slighted.
                          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...
                          X