Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

His family loved SD, and he could commute from there...he could make it work. Obviously he can't commute from Florida, so he had to get a place in Indy so he could see his family most days.

His family has to split what little time they have with him, what...9 ways? 10 if you count the little lady? I think they are making sacrifices for him to continue his career...the least he could do is let them stay in SD, which they obviously wanted. I doubt that commute had any bearing on our failures last season, whatsoever....
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Ya I get it, circumstances were different, that's valid.
      I just don't fully buy the "not wanting to uproot" the family excuse.
      Water under the bridge as they say.
      But worth mentioning
      Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

All threads lead to Rivers lol.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

precisely.

same here, but at the time (and still do) I felt that he earned a chance to do it HIS way.
          after the failure of year one, I hoped he would consider moving to LA
          then year 2 happened and it was working, so I figured he figured it out and it's a non-issue
          then year 3 happened, and I still didn't blame him for commuting
          that changed a bit when he moved to Florida and then changed even more when he took the Indy job
          so uprooting his family wasn't worth it for us, but it was to play for just one more year as a FA in Indy?
          can't help but feel a BIT slighted.
          This is just a weak argument. It was feasible to commute to LA from North County. It's not feasible to commute from Florida to Indy. His kids were in school in San Diego so given the choice of commuting or uprooting them, he chose to commute which shows his family is important to him. Stunning that people actually criticize him for this. You can critique him for never winning the SB or for tossing a lot picks last year, but this? SMH.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

precisely.

same here, but at the time (and still do) I felt that he earned a chance to do it HIS way.
            after the failure of year one, I hoped he would consider moving to LA
            then year 2 happened and it was working, so I figured he figured it out and it's a non-issue
            then year 3 happened, and I still didn't blame him for commuting
            that changed a bit when he moved to Florida and then changed even more when he took the Indy job
            so uprooting his family wasn't worth it for us, but it was to play for just one more year as a FA in Indy?
            can't help but feel a BIT slighted.
            He was only two hours away in SD. That's different than going from Florida to Indiana. I don't get the problem here.
            He signed a one year deal because he said one year at a time. If he stinks it up, he will retire. If he plays well, he will play again but added, don't expect him to be Brady's age and still playing.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He was only two hours away in SD. That's different than going from Florida to Indiana. I don't get the problem here.
              He signed a one year deal because he said one year at a time. If he stinks it up, he will retire. If he plays well, he will play again but added, don't expect him to be Brady's age and still playing.
              No problem at all
              And of course he should move to Indiana to play for the Colts.
              im just saying he obviously didn’t mind “uprooting” his family to Florida after his Chargers career was over.
              if it was as important for him to have his family remain San Diegans, you would think he would consider retirement as an option—-he did you say?
              well he already chose to uproot them to Florida before he even chose to play for the Colts.
              if keeping his family in SD was truly important for him, I would expect the decision to be between retiring and staying in SD, or uprooting directly to the new city.
              aparently, he just said fuck it, we’re going to Florida regardless of whether I play or not and we’ll be moving to whatever city I choose to play in but regardless we’re leaving SD.
              im just saying, commuting was more about him disliking LA than maintaining his family in their community
              which would probably make him more of a hero to many, but imo, maybe you, as the team leader/highest paid player, should just bite the damn bullet and move to the damn city where your team plays and where you won’t stick out to your fellow teammates and have a chance to spend 4 hours of your day not isolating yourself from the team with your caddy whatshisface.

if it was Brady doing this commute to New York (is that 2 hours from NE?), I think lots of Charger fans would easily be critical, calling Brady a diva etc.

just my unpopular opinion.
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

You got that right!
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  All threads lead to Rivers lol.
                  And Tyrod Taylor is a career journeyman.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

His family loved SD, and he could commute from there...he could make it work. Obviously he can't commute from Florida, so he had to get a place in Indy so he could see his family most days.

His family has to split what little time they have with him, what...9 ways? 10 if you count the little lady? I think they are making sacrifices for him to continue his career...the least he could do is let them stay in SD, which they obviously wanted. I doubt that commute had any bearing on our failures last season, whatsoever....
                    PR should have bought a place around the practice facility so that he didn't have to commute every day. My dad worked on the Space Shuttle in Downey and he rented a motel room during the week. At night he turned over the greasy pillow to not have to smell others hair oils.

PR had enough money to bring his own pillow cases.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

No problem at all
                      And of course he should move to Indiana to play for the Colts.
                      im just saying he obviously didn’t mind “uprooting” his family to Florida after his Chargers career was over.
                      if it was as important for him to have his family remain San Diegans, you would think he would consider retirement as an option—-he did you say?
                      well he already chose to uproot them to Florida before he even chose to play for the Colts.
                      if keeping his family in SD was truly important for him, I would expect the decision to be between retiring and staying in SD, or uprooting directly to the new city.
                      aparently, he just said fuck it, we’re going to Florida regardless of whether I play or not and we’ll be moving to whatever city I choose to play in but regardless we’re leaving SD.
                      im just saying, commuting was more about him disliking LA than maintaining his family in their community
                      which would probably make him more of a hero to many, but imo, maybe you, as the team leader/highest paid player, should just bite the damn bullet and move to the damn city where your team plays and where you won’t stick out to your fellow teammates and have a chance to spend 4 hours of your day not isolating yourself from the team with your caddy whatshisface.

if it was Brady doing this commute to New York (is that 2 hours from NE?), I think lots of Charger fans would easily be critical, calling Brady a diva etc.

The family would have moved to Newport Beach, or somewhere in Orange County. It didn't have to be about moving to L.A.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

PR should have bought a place around the practice facility so that he didn't have to commute every day. My dad worked on the Space Shuttle in Downey and he rented a motel room during the week. At night he turned over the greasy pillow to not have to smell others hair oils.

PR had enough money to bring his own pillow cases.
                        Did he leave your Mom home with 9 kids?
                        Everybody is different. I dont blame others habits.

When i was working out of town ,I lived with a couple roommates who would make the 8 hour drive home every weekend and come back. I wouldnt ever do that....HELL NO... for a weekend? Every week? Nope. I flew home every 3-5 weeks depending on flights and stayed for 5 days at least,

Of course if i were only 2 hours away id do it. Might even come home half the week every day.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The family would have moved to Newport Beach, or somewhere in Orange County. It didn't have to be about moving to L.A.
                          Just crazy to commute during the week. Family members could have visited daddy up in newport beach house rental for $100,000 a year. Tough life to have to live by the beach in a nice neighborhood. LOL!
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X