Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

gotta say.... think I'm in favor of this one,

was a Stidham guy last year, and a Mariota guy this year, and.... not a fan of any QB in this year's draft.

Cam is a good placeholder, can def hang in LA and add to Chargers moving to SoFi tapestry of sorts/to speak of, and....think he's gonna be (real) affordable.... as little as $4/5m per year (guaranteed) ??

don't like the injuries, but better than investing the hopes and dreams in Tua…. this whole thing is in the balance w/Lynn and Taylor, and needs to sort itself out.

don't see our QB of the future quite yet.... hopin' he somehow shows next year ??
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

was a Stidham guy last year, and a Mariota guy this year, and.... not a fan of any QB in this year's draft.

Cam is a good placeholder, can def hang in LA and add to Chargers moving to SoFi tapestry of sorts/to speak of, and....think he's gonna be (real) affordable.... as little as $4/5m per year (guaranteed) ??

don't like the injuries, but better than investing the hopes and dreams in Tua…. this whole thing is in the balance w/Lynn and Taylor, and needs to sort itself out.

don't see our QB of the future quite yet.... hopin' he somehow shows next year ??
      Even those get overblown a bit. Outside of his lost season last year, in his 8 other seasons he's played all 16 5 times, 15 once and 14 twice. Not bad for a running QB that trucks LB's.

And I just love the "chip on the shoulder" aspect. I'd love for the Chargers to take advantage of the situation and let Cam show what he's got, while whatever QB they draft sits back and has a red shirt year unless he's really needed. I mean, let's be real... Cam will put more butts in the seats than Tyrod will. And I can only imagine that is of the utmost importance to the Spanos clan.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

please NO to me-too-newton!

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Even those get overblown a bit. Outside of his lost season last year, in his 8 other seasons he's played all 16 5 times, 15 once and 14 twice. Not bad for a running QB that trucks LB's.

And I just love the "chip on the shoulder" aspect. I'd love for the Chargers to take advantage of the situation and let Cam show what he's got, while whatever QB they draft sits back and has a red shirt year unless he's really needed. I mean, let's be real... Cam will put more butts in the seats than Tyrod will. And I can only imagine that is of the utmost importance to the Spanos clan.

I don't think he's that type of player anymore. He'll be strictly a pocket passer.

He will create a buzz.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

I saw Cam briefly at the fashion valley mall in SD the Saturday night before the Panthers (with tolbert) came and beat us a few years ago.
            I thought to myself “am I the only one in the crowd that is noticing the biggest black guy in a hoodie and headphones that looks just like Cam, looking around like he doesn’t want to be recognized?
            I decided to blow his cover (Just to be a jerk, and thought it would somehow give us an edge... dumb I know)
            I went over and tried to give him knuckles and said “what up Cam!?”
            he grinned and just walked away.

physically imposing.
            looked very proportionate, as in a physical specimen.
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I don't think he's that type of player anymore. He'll be strictly a pocket passer.

He will create a buzz.
              I don't either, just pointing out the fact that that has been how he's played and still hasn't missed a ton of games, as it some folks like to act like he has.

I don't agree that he's gonna strictly be a pocket passer though. I just think that he'll be smarter about when to run and not taking my as much contact.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

The closest I have ever come to renouncing the Chargers...and it still wasn't going to happen...was when I thought we might get Brady. I would have been devastated...don't know if I could have experienced any joy in Charger success with him being our QB.

I don't feel that way with Cam. Not a big fan, but mostly because of his off field antics, and his immature, over the top theatrics after making a play. The fashion thing isn't my speed either...but if healthy, there is talent there, and he appears to fit the mold many fans imagine Lynn has for a QB...including this fan....

That being said, I would only be disappointed and wary if we signed him....wouldn't necessarily hate it, particularly if it is a financially smart deal.

Bottom line, I could root for Cam, if he came in here, won the job honestly, and showed some acquired maturity as a leader...but I prefer to stay the course and save that cap space.
                The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

If he is healthy - and not just 90% and might be 100% sometime - but truly as healthy as he can be AND if the price is right, I am open to signing Cam Newton. He has been a very good QB in the NFL and for how Lynn seems to want to play - he is a fit

The weapons are there; is the run game there - it should be improved; still need to add a WR with speed that can catch the ball

But I am not against it. Also, I see Louis Riddick is for it and I like his opinions. Meaning I trust him over many on ESPN and NFLN

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I thought you liked Fromm in the 4th or 5th.

I like Stidham as well. He had a pretty good career at Auburn and if given the chance, I think he could become a good starter.

Not a huge fan of Mariotta. I've watched him and he holds the ball too long taking sacks or making bad decisions with the ball and throwing ints.

Its like it takes him too long to process what is going on.

But I agree that the overall QB class is weak this year.

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                      Great White North
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

If healthy Cam’s a much better QB than Tyrod and gives us a legit shot to make noise in the conference. I say go for it if he’s good to go.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

His 2018 season was pretty good before the shoulder injury.

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Chargers have been making great decisions this offseason, why ruin everything by bringing this idiot?

denver broncos no GIF

Comment

Working...
                          X