Could Cam Newton Be Coming To The Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Based on the responses I’m seeing, I’m sure I misrepresented my position.
    It’s difficult to articulate my exact point
    regardless, I appreciate the spark I’m seeing in Rivers’ defense.
    honestly, genuinely, one of my all time favorite football players, I think I’m allowed to be bothered a bit by a few things about him.
    As Jerry Jones would say, “I’ve earned that right”
    You’ve earned the right to be taken seriously, and like all of us you have earned the right to get blasted if what you’re saying is out of left field. It’s the nature of the beast and like I’ve said many times, I may come in hot with takes but I don’t hate anyone here and I would buy anyone here a beer and talk Chargers ball irl. While we may disagree we are all Charger fans (observers) here and it’s a small family.

:sob:

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

You’ve earned the right to be taken seriously, and like all of us you have earned the right to get blasted if what you’re saying is out of left field. It’s the nature of the beast and like I’ve said many times, I may come in hot with takes but I don’t hate anyone here and I would buy anyone here a beer and talk Chargers ball irl. While we may disagree we are all Charger fans (observers) here and it’s a small family.

:sob:
      Well said and I concur.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Bolts27
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Burlington Ontario Canada
        • Self-Employed
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Yikes. The thread title and the fact its another story of yours you are promoting makes me a little concerned. I dont mind you doing it if you are here with us discussing your topics...but so far it looks like its just self promoting. And using a title that is so misleading is not cool. I am a very anti media type guy. Fake news kills me. Biased reporting. Titles of threads that are not true.

We dont do that here.

I changed the title of your thread. Ive also asked you a couple times to copy and paste your articles here. To no avail. I think you just want us to click on your site. I dont mind promoting charger sites. But when the owner of that site doesnt respect my wishes? Not good.
        Fleet 1

Phew.. I'm glad you chimed in here ... That post was waaayyy above my pay-grade... I'm more of a set the bar somewhere you can step over it kind of poster..

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Rivers is my favorite Charger QB. Love the guy. Has his head on straight. Trash talk really is just joking around with him...golly gee attitude is hilarious to me. I Would love him to get a ring even in Indy. Love Fouts too as I grew up on him going to games but Rivers is the man.

Cam definitely could be a good option if he is healthy. Go OT to get our franchise LT at #6 unless someone drops as a surprise to us ....but im tired of shit OL play since we lost Dielman and that crew....its just destroyed our seasons without a doubt. So I can see Cam as a legit option...although he likely wont be cheap.

Im fine with rookie qb if its the right fit and position in the draft. Taylor might do pretty well with his style of play and he brings some good skills.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

For once, I just want us to be signing the guy with a huge chip on his shoulder rather than our guys leaving for other teams and having a resurgence to their careers.

You cant tell me you guys haven't thought of signing Cam and then drafting Simmons or OT in the first round. If we can stay healthy, we've already got a better team than last year, as a whole.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

I like that people are warming up to Cam. :smile:

Cam to Keenan? Cam to Hunter? Touchdown.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Cam loves throwing to his TEs just like Philip did and the combo with Olsen was pretty hot for a while.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

His family loved SD, and he could commute from there...he could make it work. Obviously he can't commute from Florida, so he had to get a place in Indy so he could see his family most days.

His family has to split what little time they have with him, what...9 ways? 10 if you count the little lady? I think they are making sacrifices for him to continue his career...the least he could do is let them stay in SD, which they obviously wanted. I doubt that commute had any bearing on our failures last season, whatsoever....
                  my family love San Diego. I turned down a great job in both Minn and OH so my family could stay in lovely san diego. thank god i have a family - MIN fucking sucks like OH but with more mosquitoes and more snow. OH sucks like MI, which I lived in for 5 yrs once.

Fuck - Indiana sucks as bad / worse than any of them, to be honest.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

You can make the argument that you would come out ahead, but a couple things to consider.

Phillips has a HIGHER TD percentage career wise than Newton (5.2 vs 4.6), and a lower int percentage (2.6 to 2.7). Rivers is also more accurate, 65% to about 60% and has a higher yards per attempt. (7.8 vs 7.3).

Plus, every time Newton has been successful, he has had a strong running game to help him out, while Rivers often carried the team.

I think they want to see if we can get one of the top couple of rookies via the draft first or not. Then, if they can't, will Newton be willing to come in and compete against Taylor. I don't think it is a stupid idea, but it has to fit.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

We are in 2020. Rivers at 20 M or Newton at 8 ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                        I like that people are warming up to Cam. :smile:

Cam to Keenan? Cam to Hunter? Touchdown.
                        Only to be disapointed

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Only to be disapointed
                          think the QBs more likely to disappoint are the likes of Justin, Tua and Jordan.... along w/Jalen (sorry Blue 'n crew)

do think that besides Jeaux and Jake (Fromm), and likely the two guys from Washington, that Cam will also be in this bunch that does not disappoint.
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X