OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Retired. Working on a book. Riding the Am River bike trail in Sac, which they haven't shut down yet, as much as possible. Budding romance with a lot of promise shut down by the shut down.

Is there going to be an NFL season?

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Wash your hands... that's the key, stay safe everyone. We had that shit 10 years ago down here in Mexico, we'll get over it, just be patient. Sun will shine again sooner than we think, just need to keep ourselves locked for some time.

People is acting like its the apocalypse... it isnt.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

We’ve had a couple of friends get positive results now but no family yet. No one has been critically ill to this point.

I’m retired. My better half worked from home often before this so no issues for her there. We have a couple of businesses that we are able to manage from home and some investments in other businesses that are essential needs so no disruption there. We had already condensed our lifestyle when my medical issues started a few years ago in prep to move to southern Colorado (warmer but not crowded and inexpensive). That was put on hold for awhile now but if this plague is over by spring 2021 that is when our house and property will finally be completed.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          We’ve had a couple of friends get positive results now but no family yet. No one has been critically ill to this point.

I’m retired. My better half worked from home often before this so no issues for her there. We have a couple of businesses that we are able to manage from home and some investments in other businesses that are essential needs so no disruption there. We had already condensed our lifestyle when my medical issues started a few years ago in prep to move to southern Colorado (warmer but not crowded and inexpensive). That was put on hold for awhile now but if this plague is over by spring 2021 that is when our house and property will finally be completed.
          hey Ninjas, where's your landing spot in Southern Colorado? I'm in Montezuma County in 4 Corners near Mesa Verde National park. Bought a lil house here in 2010 and relocated permanently from San Diego in 2017. Love it up here. Nearest Corona case is in Telluride 90 miles away. I'm only in lurk mode here these days, but shoot me a message if you want to talk CO.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post

hey Ninjas, where's your landing spot in Southern Colorado? I'm in Montezuma County in 4 Corners near Mesa Verde National park. Bought a lil house here in 2010 and relocated permanently from San Diego in 2017. Love it up here. Nearest Corona case is in Telluride 90 miles away. I'm only in lurk mode here these days, but shoot me a message if you want to talk CO.
            Close to Canyon City.
            Pueblo is about 30-45 mins away.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
              Quarantined in Paris, things are getting real around here. Luckily our company was built to work virtually and I was able to easily transition my 2000 employees to work from home seamlessly so they are safe for the most part. Business has been holding steady as well so no plans to let anyone go.

Stay healthy out there.
              Thanks for keeping the lights on here for us. Stay safe out there bruddah.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Amazing to hear how spread out everyone is!

im working remotely which is a challenge and very inefficient. Business is taking a big hit but we haven’t laid anyone off.

got all 3 kids at home with me and we’re all sucking up the precious WiFi. My wife used to have the house to herself all day so she’s feeling a bit invaded but lots of good homemade meals.

im already a practitioner of social distancing so it’s not bothering me as much as my extroverted wife and kids.

does feel a bit 3rd worldish here. No masks, no tests, WiFi in short supply.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I have spent years building up the old immune system.

Good thing.

I do vital courier work, including emergency medical deliveries.

Hospitals, assisted living facilities, I'm there.

Actually, I feel safe, with the intense screening at these locations.

I work 360 days a year, and am exempt from any lockdowns.

LOL. Washed my hands 15 times today, easily.

Eat superfoods especially greens. Take supplements. Probiotics. Enzymes. Fermented foods. Power walks. Calisthenics. While the gyms are closed. Find motivation for life. It is there within you.

Why dontya stick around ?
                  We are going all the way this year.
                  You don't know ball

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I'm just wondering how this shut down due to the COVID-19 is effecting everyone?

I'm simply staying home because I'm 84 and I have emphysema. We're losing about $1500 per month of our income.
                    How are the rest of you holding up?
                    Sorry about that Roo. Are you still able to get donations for your church? Praying for you and your family.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                      Wash your hands... that's the key, stay safe everyone. We had that shit 10 years ago down here in Mexico, we'll get over it, just be patient. Sun will shine again sooner than we think, just need to keep ourselves locked for some time.

People is acting like its the apocalypse... it isnt.
                      That and social distancing. Right now it's all about slowing down the infection rate so hospitals don't get overwhelmed ie. flattening the curve. It's different from swine flu. Not as lethal, just more contagious and doesn't have the handicap of always manifesting as symptoms when you're the carrier.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                        ~ Charger Fan ~
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Jupiter, FL
                        • Send PM

I’m in the Palm Beach area in Florida. The numbers are growing quickly here (they just started testing). Because of my comprised health, I’m on total lockdown. For me it’s all about Hulu, Netflix, and TPB!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Vegas shut down here. I was on a Google job that slowed so not there now. I worked so much since June I'm glad to get some time off. Was going to work some conventions here and there while having time off in between but they shut those down too. So we'll see what happens after a month.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍