OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

I am very excited to report that on a daily basis, I do business with companies that are world leaders on dealing with this pandemic issue.

eg.
    Gilead (medicine.)
    Cepheid (testing.)

These people are amazing !
    As are the LVNs, RNs, MDs, pharmacists, etc.

Based upon personal experience, I can tell you they would be unable to do all they do without tremendous strength, courage, and giant sized hearts.

And buy a trucker lunch tomorrow too !
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

i feel very lucky we sold our motels last year. They are goin broke. So i sit at home with my kids home from school. They play games and play tricks on dad. was rennovating our house before, but since all the kids are home now there is a big slowdown in what i can do.
      Wife's work (insurance) has slowed and income shows.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        I am very excited to report that on a daily basis, I do business with companies that are world leaders on dealing with this pandemic issue.

eg.
        Gilead (medicine.)
        Cepheid (testing.)

These people are amazing !
        As are the LVNs, RNs, MDs, pharmacists, etc.

Based upon personal experience, I can tell you they would be unable to do all they do without tremendous strength, courage, and giant sized hearts.

And buy a trucker lunch tomorrow too !
        And I'd like to add a shout out to grocery workers. Those poor bastards are getting hammered too.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

And I'd like to add a shout out to grocery workers. Those poor bastards are getting hammered too.
          And the makers of toilet paper
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

I want to “like” everyone’s posts here.
            im one of the lucky ones who can work from home.
            it’s extremely hard to concentrate with 2 little girls wrestling me while I’m on Zoom talking with clients.
            the bright side is that the adjustments are ironically closer to my values than regular life.
            for example, I love spending quality time with my girls.
            I love not eating out and going to crowded places.
            I love taking them for walks everyday and making them home-cooked food.
            it’s not the most masculine thing, but if money weren’t an issue, id be a stay home dad, so I’m quietly enjoying my quarantine.

my daily thoughts are with those most negativity impacted. I wish them the strength the resources to survive this deadly pandemic
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• RobH
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Tokyo, Japan
              • University English Lecturer
              • Send PM

I live in Tokyo. The Japanese are a little more lenient about social separation. No forced isolation yet, but the Tokyo governor, Koike, is considering it if it starts to get out of hand. Schools are closed for the spring break and will not open again until late April or the beginning of May, as far as I can tell. One of the law firms that I work at has encouraged attorneys to work at home as much as possible and have cancelled any meetings or seminars unless they are urgent. Unfortunately, all my seminars have been cancelled until the situation clears up, so it's been a 50% hit on my income this last month and probably next month. My other main law firm client is business as usual, so I do my seminars there every Thursday evening. Japan is very good about giving small businesses loans to help them over the loss of income bump. The loans are interest free, so it will help a lot.

I'm not particularly worried about getting sick, but my mother-in-law lives with us, and she's 86 and not in the best of health. So we're very worried about her. I've probably washed off about 5 layers of skin on my hands. We disinfect often and I try not to touch anything on the trains when I ride them. The trains are not quite as crowded as usual, but compared to other countries' systems, they're crowded. I wear a mask whenever I go out, but it's mainly to help with the massive amounts of pollen released by the cedar trees at this time of year. It plays hell with my lungs if I don't wear a mask. Eyes are itchy as hell, and it's hard to keep myself from rubbing them.

In general, I'd say that life is pretty much normal here. The Spring Training games for JPB are played in empty stadiums, but they are being played. Restaurants are empty. If you aren't afraid of being infected, then it's a great time to go out to eat. The sumo tournament seems to have gone off without a hitch, but no fans allowed. They did cancel Koshien, which is the big high school baseball tournament here, and of course the kids are very bummed. PM Abe apologized for having to do so, but he didn't want the kids to get sick. I think he overreacted a bit on that one. They are not the age group that gets particularly sick from the virus and they can be tested often if they are concerned that they are carriers.

One thing that concerns me is that the number of tests that they do are very low, so I don't think that they have a particularly good idea of how far this has spread. But it's been well over a month since that cruise ship arrived in Yokohama bay and the hospitals are not being inundated, so perhaps the strategy will work out. However, cases are increasing a bit, and the experts are saying to hold on to our hats.

I'm hoping like hell that we'll be back to business as usual come the middle of April, but more likely May.

Finally, the Olympics were postponed yesterday until next year. I'm not sure how that will affect the economy, but hopefully, it won't hurt much at all. Japan has invested a HUGE amount of money in prepping for the games, so it's a major bummer for a lot of people.

Cheers to all.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

They just shut down the state of Oregon yesterday. I happen to work in retail so I have to go to work but you can tell a huge difference just by the amount of traffic out there. It's almost eerie and non existent. All non essential businesses have to close there businesses. I have to carry a piece of paper stating where I work because you can be fined and or possible 30 days in jail.

Comment

• almailva
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2020
                  • Cavenago di Brianza
                  • chemist
                  • Send PM

as more of you know i'm living in Italy. i'm working cause we are hospital oxygen supplier, so we are working almost 20 hours a day (2 shifts)
                  my family stay at home living in a little town between Milano and Bergamo, i'm the only one that go shopping (for my family my mother and father in law), my son following university professors on line lessons. than xbox tv netflix amazonprime and so on.

there's a woman in the apartment, she told me "i'm your wife", oh really?

try to laugh but isn't easy just this morning my cousin, 70yo, passed away he was in intensive care since friday.

the infected rate in Lombardy are flattening but is only the third day

stay safe

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Working from home here in Tennessee. I already did most Fridays anyway, so not much of a change. Company already had the infrastructure in place.

Non-essential 2-week quarantine was issued last night, but I've already been doing this for a week & a half. Only difference is 3 kids at home. School canceled until at least Apr 24th now, but I don't expect them to go back this school year. Older two have laptops, I expect their teachers to start giving online assignments next week. The youngest will probably have handouts emailed to us. Much to their chagrin, I signed them up for online learning in the interim. They thought this was a vacation. They were wrong, lol.

Fortunate to not know anyone infected yet, but seems to hit closer & closer each day with stories of neighbors, friends of friends, etc.

Occupying my spare time by building a rather large flower bed in the backyard as I already had the materials. And playing board & card games with kids, with the occasional family movie night. They're not stir crazy yet, but probably won't be long.

Wishing all of you the best.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Since 10 days now, nflnetwork is my best friend.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

I’m officially a grandpa this morning! Baby and mom are good. Beers are on me boys Coronas all around!

Pretty sure she’ll probably hate the Broncos.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                          I’m officially a grandpa this morning! Baby and mom are good. Beers are on me boys Coronas all around!

Pretty sure she’ll probably hate the Broncos.
                          Congrats!
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X