OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

I live in Utah and so far we have been pretty lucky and are doing okay here. Social distancing as much as possible but definitely leery of what the next couple of weeks could bring.

The kids are home from school but doing the on-line school daily which we have some experience with from our year long road trip a couple of years ago. Trouble is that softball, dance and gymnastics are all on hold and that is harder to deal with for my girls than the school craziness.

My wife owns an engineering recruiting firm and she mostly works from home anyway so luckily she is still rolling. Companies will always need engineers. (Any engineers looking? Let me know.)

I am a real estate appraiser and I am busier than I have been in 15 years (refis), which is bittersweet because obviously I have to enter into people's homes. I call ahead and make sure they open all doors, turn on all lights and wear rubber gloves. Not sure it is enough but it's really all I can do. Fannie Mae just issued a guideline allowing investors to accept exterior only appraisals but we will see if lenders actually permit it, either way, I just have to be careful like all of you do.

I realize we are blessed, especially when considering what some of you are going through physically, emotionally and financially. For those working to get us through this, THANK YOU! For those of you who are or have been affected negatively, health and happiness to you! This will end...we all just have to find the best way to ride it out.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Here in Central California, infection rate is slowly going up, mostly travel related. Still, we need to be careful about touching surfaces, since the Coronavirus can live for a few days depending on the surface. I went to Smart & Final and bought some plastic gloves. Have used them lately when at the market and for ATM machines. Think of all those people that touch shopping cart handles and the little buttons on the ATM machines...better to stay safe...starting to see more people wearing masks...went to the supermarket yesterday...was fairly crowded but not too bad...most items in stock, but the rice was TOTALLY gone, along with the cheap pancake mix, Lysol, etc. There was just a little toilet paper left, and a limit of one per customer, so bought one package...

My concern other than the pandemic is the economy. Even if they find an antidote to this, and there is one that looks promising (Chloroquine), our ecomony is taking such a hit that it will take months or longer to get back to "normal." Now the gov't. has approved a $2 trillion stimulus package, with payouts coming soon. While the money will be welcome, I wonder what will happen when 300+ million people in the U.S. get those big checks at the same time...take a wild guess...they will most all flock to the supermarkets and clean them out...then we'll have really bad shortages for a while...hope it doesn't happen, but I've seen the panic mentality of some people who get a big bonus, especially the lower economic level people...hopefully things get better, but in the meantime, it's wise to have food and water on hand in case we need to ride this thing out for an extended time...not suggesting hoarding warehouses full of TP and masks here, but at least take care of your family....stay safe, everyone!

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Sorry about that Roo. Are you still able to get donations for your church? Praying for you and your family.
        I don't have my church, I'm retired. The Pastor at our church posts his weekly sermons on you-tube so that's good. We do miss the fellowship with our wonderful friends. The money loss will be taken care of by God.

I spend more time praying for the world during this pandemic. I hope every believer is. I also pray for my Bolt friends that post in here. Happily, it appears most are doing okay.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
          I’m officially a grandpa this morning! Baby and mom are good. Beers are on me boys Coronas all around!

Pretty sure she’ll probably hate the Broncos.
          Congrats

Were you the poster on the UT San Diego forum that always wrote
          "F**k the Broncos"

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            Here in Central California, infection rate is slowly going up, mostly travel related. Still, we need to be careful about touching surfaces, since the Coronavirus can live for a few days depending on the surface. I went to Smart & Final and bought some plastic gloves. Have used them lately when at the market and for ATM machines. Think of all those people that touch shopping cart handles and the little buttons on the ATM machines...better to stay safe...starting to see more people wearing masks...went to the supermarket yesterday...was fairly crowded but not too bad...most items in stock, but the rice was TOTALLY gone, along with the cheap pancake mix, Lysol, etc. There was just a little toilet paper left, and a limit of one per customer, so bought one package...

My concern other than the pandemic is the economy. Even if they find an antidote to this, and there is one that looks promising (Chloroquine), our ecomony is taking such a hit that it will take months or longer to get back to "normal." Now the gov't. has approved a $2 trillion stimulus package, with payouts coming soon. While the money will be welcome, I wonder what will happen when 300+ million people in the U.S. get those big checks at the same time...take a wild guess...they will most all flock to the supermarkets and clean them out...then we'll have really bad shortages for a while...hope it doesn't happen, but I've seen the panic mentality of some people who get a big bonus, especially the lower economic level people...hopefully things get better, but in the meantime, it's wise to have food and water on hand in case we need to ride this thing out for an extended time...not suggesting hoarding warehouses full of TP and masks here, but at least take care of your family....stay safe, everyone!
            Where in Central CA are you?

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Congrats

Were you the poster on the UT San Diego forum that always wrote
              "F**k the Broncos"
              Yes

Fuck Denver

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

Catalina Wine Mixer cancelled. This can’t go on

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

I live in Hollywood, L.A. CA and for now have to work remotely from home and hopefully won't be laid off, my wife just laid off from the hotel industry and we have a house in Chicago we can't sell that she's at now and I want to fly out there as well since working remotely but am scared to go to airport and be stuck in a plane with others, don't have a face mask, thinking of making one out of a bandana and my cpap mask!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                    Prestige Worldwide
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                      I live in Hollywood, L.A. CA and for now have to work remotely from home and hopefully won't be laid off, my wife just laid off from the hotel industry and we have a house in Chicago we can't sell that she's at now and I want to fly out there as well since working remotely but am scared to go to airport and be stuck in a plane with others, don't have a face mask, thinking of making one out of a bandana and my cpap mask!
                      Domestic air travel is down to 10% of normal.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                        The surgeon general said the face mask are only good for the people that have the virus - so they won't spread it. But if you don't have the virus, they don't keep you from getting it. I'd stay off of airplanes for as long as possible.

I hope it all turns out for you.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                          boats hoes GIF

Comment

Working...