OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

Sorry I should have been clearer... Ive been transacting buys for stock with the lower pricing having made for some appealing investments. That said assuming the quality of investments are still good, in general holding through this pullback is less risky than trying to time the market getting out and in again.
    You don’t think the market is going to free fall over the next 4-8 weeks with death toll, unemployment, etc rising?
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

I jumped in with my extra cash around 20,500. So I’m treading water. I can wait it out, it will come back bigly. Just a question of when - but again, i can wait for it.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Pointyearedog
        Humble Chargers Fan
        • May 2017
        • Golden Hill
        • Medical Devices Operations
        • Send PM

I am as close as can be to downtown San Diego up on the hill. I have been locked down since the 1st of April. I was also working in the medical device industry, but the company has decided to keep the employees safe by putting everyone on furlough and not allowing them to come to work for a month, maybe two. I don't really feel that much different, but now going to the store has taken on a totally new meaning. It's almost like prepping for a chemical warfare scenario. All of you Bolt brothers and sisters, please stay safe and keep in touch with those that really matter to you.
        "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I guess one of the things I'm also grateful for is that I live in a state that took this seriously from the beginning. CA may have its faults, but the early lockdown probably saved a lot of lives and seemed to have kept the infection rate down compared to other states.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            I guess one of the things I'm also grateful for is that I live in a state that took this seriously from the beginning. CA may have its faults, but the early lockdown probably saved a lot of lives and seemed to have kept the infection rate down compared to other states.
            I have to say credit where credit is due. I loath Gavin Newsome and did not vote for him but in this crazy time he has been good. He has worked well with Trump and the Feds. He has not made this political or tried to score cheap political points at the expense of the states citizens like in NY or Virginia. He has put Californians and their health first. Good on him, and we have been better off as a state because of it.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

All I can say is that I put in more hours working from home than I ever did with a commute. I would never think I missed my commute, but I do. It was detox time going in and going home. Now I miss that.......

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                All I can say is that I put in more hours working from home than I ever did with a commute. I would never think I missed my commute, but I do. It was detox time going in and going home. Now I miss that.......
                Reminder of why I never set up a home office before. No separation between work and home

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Reminder of why I never set up a home office before. No separation between work and home
                  No shit to that. I'm pulling 50's and 60's per week and I'm freaking tired of this shit........

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I work literally, on a good day, 7 minutes door to door from work. but my boss STILL wants me to come in. I told him my line of work doesnt require me to be physically at work all the time but he STILL wants me to come in....ahhhh...SMH!
                    Please everyone, practive your distancing, your good hygiene, and be safe! We'll make it through this all.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

I have drank a ridiculous amount of beer in the driveway.
                      A ridiculous amount.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

I'm a recent retiree from the CA state legislature, so I didn't have an away from home job when the lockdown began. I had a part-time consulting biz I worked from home, but that has dried up for now. So I spend a lot of time biking on the famed American River bike trail, across the street from my home in Sac, which, thank God, is still open.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

No shit to that. I'm pulling 50's and 60's per week and I'm freaking tired of this shit........
                          Ditto. Working 60 to 80 hrs a week online, 6 or 7 days, no adult direct interaction except my wife and i mean ... really ... she’s lovely and all but she can only take so many of my bad off-color jokes. I like to see people.

I go to my office once a day, mask in hand, just to print something and scan it. I have a senior level so a lot of others work requires my signature. I could do that at home but i told my wife I can’t just to get the hell out once or twice a day.

I also go to the supermarket every morning, in the parking lot at 7am before they open while they are still fresh and clean of wuhu taint ... masked and gloved. Again just to get the fuck out. I cannot stand this much longer. I bought cinnamon crunch for my son.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X