OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

I'm just wondering how this shut down due to the COVID-19 is effecting everyone?

I'm simply staying home because I'm 84 and I have emphysema. We're losing about $1500 per month of our income.
    How are the rest of you holding up?
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Stay safe Roo - you might be part of the group of people with underlying conditions

Wife, I and the two puppies are doing well. We both had jobs that allowed us flexibility to work from home. So far so good with that. Just trying to be smart and stay around the house; as little going out as possible.

Probably too much time on these forums and waiting for the next Charger news - but all good

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Daughter in law is in labor right now no guests our son is only family allowed. Corona baby!

Hope she likes baseball and if she does I’ll have her throwing gas.

Comment

• Geezbolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Sun Valley, ID
        • Send PM

I'm here in Sun Valley, Idaho. We are under shelter-in-place and isolation orders. We're a high-risk zone with 35 active cases in a county of 22,000. Had a friend here pass away yesterday of what we are hearing were "flu-like symptoms". The outbreak is being traced to a wedding a week ago Saturday where many people from Seattle attended. I had two friends at the wedding and one has tested positive. Her husband's test was inconclusive.

The main ski mountain closed over a week ago because of the virus, but the X-country skiing trails north of town are being groomed each day and the skiing on them has been great. People are allowed to drive to take advantage of the skiing and snowshoeing.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Yeah just sleeping honestly. If someone gives me permission to stay at home and chill out ill catch up on sleep. Sorry about the financial stuff most are feeling. This really sucks.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

I work at a software company and am just working from home - no interruptions at all. My wife, however, is 100% commissioned sales at a wedding venue in the Temecula wine country and they are shut down completely so she isn't working at all. I make good money so we aren't strapped financially but it she is already going stir crazy and filling time by going nuts spring cleaning the house!

My daughter just had a baby last week and because of the coronavirus we aren't allowed to see him until things blow over - talk about bad timing!

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

UK government has asked all of us to stay inside and practice social distancing, yet flights from ALL OVER THE WORLD are landing at Heathrow on an hourly basis.
              Getting mixed signals but holing up in the house with the rest of family Windsor.
              I'm going nuts after just 2 days.....not sure how 3+ weeks is going to play out.
              Let's hope this practice slows the disease down.
              Stay healthy out there guys!

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

So far, so good in our little cabin in the woods. Wife & I are over 65 but no covid cases in our county & we scored some TP at Sonora Walmart early this morn. Rain & snow moving in today but when it clears some, I'm going fishing. I doubt that there'll be much crowding at the lakes. Just a few locals in a county of @ 50k souls, mostly old.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  I work at a software company and am just working from home - no interruptions at all. My wife, however, is 100% commissioned sales at a wedding venue in the Temecula wine country and they are shut down completely so she isn't working at all. I make good money so we aren't strapped financially but it she is already going stir crazy and filling time by going nuts spring cleaning the house!

My daughter just had a baby last week and because of the coronavirus we aren't allowed to see him until things blow over - talk about bad timing!
                  Congratulations Rich! Hope mummy and baby are doing well.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I'm just wondering how this shut down due to the COVID-19 is effecting everyone?

I'm simply staying home because I'm 84 and I have emphysema. We're losing about $1500 per month of our income.
                    How are the rest of you holding up?
                    Sorry to hear that Roo. Stay safe your health is more important than anything else. Sucks to lose the money though.

For me its business as usual still going to work, I chose not to participate in the panic buying and hoarding. My daughter on the other hand was supposed to get married on April 4th. That was cancelled and we were going to have about 50 of us at our church last weekend but governor Gruesome said no gatherings of over 10 so we had the wedding in our house last Friday with myself, my two sons and my wife, my daughter and her soon to be husband and his parents and our pastor performing the ceremony. They will have the reception in late summer or early fall. It was fun and they will have something crazy to talk about later on regarding their wedding.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Tijuana
                      • Send PM

I live in Tijuana, right now we're good, I'm a professor so I'm giving my classes online (no lost income) my wife works for the city nursery (plants not babies) so she's still working (only her and another employee and lots and lots of plants) my kids are home (have been for 10 days) there's still food and TP at the supermarkets, we have about 2 weeks worth of supplies and the mortgage is paid for the next two months so not bad. We do have to take care of my father-in-law who is a musitian and is not working thru this

Comment

• RollingThunder
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Quarantined in Paris, things are getting real around here. Luckily our company was built to work virtually and I was able to easily transition my 2000 employees to work from home seamlessly so they are safe for the most part. Business has been holding steady as well so no plans to let anyone go.

Stay healthy out there.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡